The Pokémon Thread

minibois
Just now, squirrl said:

If you want a non-Alola Vuplix/Ninetales then just catch one outside Alola. These are just regional variants.

It does make sense to have the regional differences somewhat though so i'm disappointed but i'll still get the game :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

It does make sense to have the regional differences somewhat though so i'm disappointed but i'll still get the game :P

So from the looks of it, they're replacing gyms with trials, and also possibly replacing HM's with pokémon that you can call in similar to the eon flute in ORAS.

I wouldn't say X&Y were bad games, they just weren't that good. :P hardly any new legendaries or interesting postgame stuff, and a subpar plot. ORAS was much better in that regard since there was so much to see and do. The main thing I don't like is how they often remove really good features from the games in subsequent generations. The hidden areas in BW2 and the gen 5 gym leader last pokemon music... soo good :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1 hour ago, squirrl said:

So from the looks of it, they're replacing gyms with trials, and also possibly replacing HM's with pokémon that you can call in similar to the eon flute in ORAS.

I wouldn't say X&Y were bad games, they just weren't that good. :P hardly any new legendaries or interesting postgame stuff, and a subpar plot. ORAS was much better in that regard since there was so much to see and do. The main thing I don't like is how they often remove really good features from the games in subsequent generations. The hidden areas in BW2 and the gen 5 gym leader last pokemon music... soo good :P

I would possibly welcome removing the HMs. They're really annoying, but on one hand it does force a bit of strategic planning for the adventure.

The Delta episode in ORAS was amazing IMO. I loved it.

I'm not that enthusiastic about S/M, but there's a good chance I'll get them anyway. I have my doubts I will continue buying from Nintendo beyond 3DS though. I want them to make an actual Pokemon game for PC/Smartphone. GO is alright, but it's just not the traditional Pokemon experience I want.

It would be awesome to get my hands on a sort of sandbox to create your own Pokemon adventure for others to play, but that will never legally happen until Pokemon becomes Public Domain. =/

20 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

And that won't happen till 2091. Cheers.

That law and/or the company probably won't even exist that long LOL

6 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

Yep, Disney will lobby again making it longer.

Either way if something is powerful enough to stop the grip of mega-corporations I think having open-sourced Pokemon content will be the last of my things on my mind.

16 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

NO! NO! Why did they have to mess with vulpix and ninetails?!! Those were my favs!

I liked the alt. Vulpix and Ninetails. And Sun and Moon looks actually pretty interesting to me.

1/2GEN MASTER RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but fuck Pokemon go thats just ridiculously stupid, everyone is just soo fucken obsessed with it, the amount of retard thing people do with it makes my brain loose brain cells. 

lives on

BAKABT

Moo

get invaded 

(Do I count now?)image.png

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so weird seeing the face of a song I heard so much in my life.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, Dobbsjr said:

I don't like face reveals much because they totally ruin the awesome mental image I had of them. :/ 

Yeah, I feel the same sometimes. For example with GradeAUnderA's face reveal or that of MxR Mods, I expected someone way different.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 2 weeks later...

Was  watching the news today, they had a piece about the Pokémon world championships (the TCG part of it) and they were interviewing two Dutch persons who went there. After that they wanted to briefly explain how the game works. Their explanation (paraphrased):

"Each player has a deck of 60 cards. Both flip over their top card and the one with the higher points wins. This goes on until one of the players has no cards left"

WHAT?! This is.. just.. NO!

They also showed two cards to visualize this process. One of the cards was legit (but old), the other was this:

Spoiler

custom_pokemon_card___red__s_pikachu_by_

Basically I watched the news today and cringed.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Was  watching the news today, they had a piece about the Pokémon world championships (the TCG part of it) and they were interviewing two Dutch persons who went there. After that they wanted to briefly explain how the game works. Their explanation (paraphrased):

"Each player has a deck of 60 cards. Both flip over their top card and the one with the higher points wins. This goes on until one of the players has no cards left"

They seriously did that?! Wow..... 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

WHAT?! This is.. just.. NO!

They also showed two cards to visualize this process. One of the cards was legit (but old), the other was this:

Reveal hidden contents

custom_pokemon_card___red__s_pikachu_by_

Basically I watched the news today and cringed.

As a casual scrub of the Pokemon TCG, I am offended.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I hope this isn't considered thread necroing....

Regardless, I finally decided to get back into Pokemon games with all the Pokemon Go hype reminding me of the older games. I only played Pokemon yellow before (mostly around 2004-2006, I did get it earlier but I was a small kid), so I had a lot of catching up to. I bought Pokemon Y and ORAS with a 3DS, and so far only played ORAS.

I have got to say though, ORAS has mostly impressed me, there a load of content to go through! So, far I burned something like 41 hours to complete the elite four + delta, and with the exception of the easy AI and the 3D issues it was a great experience. I'm yet to try Y, but judging by the attitude towards the game here, I'm beginning to doubt my decision and I really hope it's not a flop. 

Ohh, and I'm considering getting into Zelda finally- never played it before shamefully enough, but that's for another thread (if there is a Zelda thread lead me to it!). 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

• 2 weeks later...

Steven's Metagross is just too good (in gen 3)

9 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Steven's Metagross is just too good (in gen 3)

So I want to play some of the games because Ive played them a few times and really liked them. Which one should I play? Out of gen 4 and down

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

So I want to play some of the games because Ive played them a few times and really liked them. Which one should I play? Out of gen 4 and down

Pretty much all are good games IMO, just some more clunky than others. Generation 1 (Red, Blue and Yellow) are probably the clunkiest, have a small amount of items you can carry around and stuff, so you're likely better off playing the remakes (FireRed and LeafGreen). Gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal) are do-able, but the remakes are super good too. Gen 3 still holds up, but it can be a bit of a challenge (in terms of difficulty). Gen 4 is just awesome.

I like all of them, but my favorite is probably Heartgold/Soulsilver or Platinum.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Pretty much all are good games IMO, just some more clunky than others. Generation 1 (Red, Blue and Yellow) are probably the clunkiest, have a small amount of items you can carry around and stuff, so you're likely better off playing the remakes (FireRed and LeafGreen). Gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal) are do-able, but the remakes are super good too. Gen 3 still holds up, but it can be a bit of a challenge (in terms of difficulty). Gen 4 is just awesome.

I like all of them, but my favorite is probably Heartgold/Soulsilver or Platinum.

Ill play soul silver thats the one I played a few times. It was on my friends DS and we were in the starter town and went into the bushes and saw a wild entai xD He didnt even have great balls iirc. Its was so funny we just ran

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

13 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Platinum, Emerald, Silver, Yellow.

Heya guys. (probably)  getting a 2DS soon and need to catch up. What happens after sinho? (think I spelt that wrong... :(  

- snip-