The Pokémon Thread

minibois

Anyone else sometimes get Pokemon in their team that are unused normally? In my SoulSilver game I have an Arbok.... when asked why by a friend I said I wanted Pokemon that aren't normally used. I know Arbok doesn't have good stats, but it's still nice seeing different mons, for the sake of diversity. :P

20 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Anyone else sometimes get Pokemon in their team that are unused normally? In my SoulSilver game I have an Arbok.... when asked why by a friend I said I wanted Pokemon that aren't normally used. I know Arbok doesn't have good stats, but it's still nice seeing different mons, for the sake of diversity. :P

Sometimes, for example in Omega Ruby I used Magcargo, which is not often used because it's really not that good.. :( 

Other than that, my party is usually quite standard.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Sometimes, for example in Omega Ruby I used Magcargo, which is not often used because it's really not that good.. :( 

Other than that, my party is usually quite standard.

I wouldn't think that Magcargo is that bad though?

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

I wouldn't think that Magcargo is that bad though?

His Defense is good, Sp. Def. and Sp. Attack are average and other than that he just has shit stats. His typing doesn't help either, he's 4x weak to Ground and Water which are very common types and he has some more weaknesses. His speed doesn't help either.. But I like the Pokémon, so that was why he was on my team.

But now that I think of it, I also used Ariados in HeartGold and Galvantula in White (which are both not super good Bug types, but like those so I used them even in the Elite Four). I also once used Flareon which is the worst Eeveelution :P 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

His Defense is good, Sp. Def. and Sp. Attack are average and other than that he just has shit stats. His typing doesn't help either, he's 4x weak to Ground and Water which are very common types and he has some more weaknesses. His speed doesn't help either.. But I like the Pokémon, so that was why he was on my team.

But now that I think of it, I also used Ariados in HeartGold and Galvantula in White (which are both not super good Bug types, but like those so I used them even in the Elite Four). I also once used Flareon which is the worst Eeveelution :P 

Eh, as long as it's gets you through the E4 it's all good.

Watching Chuggaa's and Marriland's video on Platinum's (And HGSS') Battle Factory. Man, I miss that mode..

46 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Watching Chuggaa's and Marriland's video on Platinum's (And HGSS') Battle Factory. Man, I miss that mode..

Battle Factory was pretty dope.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Battle Factory was pretty dope.

yea, I liked pretty much all the Battle Frontier things. The only I liked the least was the one where you can get random status aliments and stuff before the battle.. 

Just now, Minibois said:

yea, I liked pretty much all the Battle Frontier things. The only I liked the least was the one where you can get random status aliments and stuff before the battle.. 

Meh, I never beat the Battle Frontier. Didn't have the patience for it.

9 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Meh, I never beat the Battle Frontier. Didn't have the patience for it.

I never beat it too, but that was just because I wasn't good enough D:

Anyways, been playing a lot of Battle Maison stuff in Omega Ruby. At some point I usually just get rekt by someone and lose..

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao.  Now that is funny.

So any one here hyped for Sun and Moon.  November sure taking a long time to get here.

Huh, peeps feeling old.  Darn, my first Pokemon game was Blue.  :P  Still have it too.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

59 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Lmao.  Now that is funny.

So any one here hyped for Sun and Moon.  November sure taking a long time to get here.

Huh, peeps feeling old.  Darn, my first Pokemon game was Blue.  :P  Still have it too.

Somewhat. I really liked Alpha Sapphire due to the stuff they've been releasing the last few years. I'm still waiting on a remake for Leafgreen and Firered :) First Pokemon games and I love them to bits. Still play them every now and then on my Gameboy Advance :P Hopefully Sun and Moon will be finally be a really good new iteration of the series.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

It maybe a while before they redo those since they where remakes of Green and Red.

More of a chance of remakes of Diamond and Pearl since those came after Ruby and Sapphire.  Even though Blue was my first, Ruby was my fav just because that has my favorite legendary trio.  Reason I just loved playing through Omega Ruby.  Primal Groudon is just so dope.

I'm digging Mudsdale and Wishiwash in Sun and Moon.

So, out of the new Pokes that been shown.  What ones do you like?

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

apparently there is a Sun and Moon demo out

44 minutes ago, Minibois said:

apparently there is a Sun and Moon demo out

Yup, and it's been datamined.

Game Freak partially learned their lesson and mostly scrubbed the demo of all unreleased content; aside from the starter final evos, only shiny models for unrevealed Pokémon are left, and their stats and typings have been replaced with that of Pikachu.

btw, for those of you who didn't want Litten to go bipedal... well, don't click this spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

it goes bipedal.

14 hours ago, Daring said:

btw, for those of you who didn't want Litten to go bipedal... well, don't click this spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled.

Reveal hidden contents

it goes bipedal.

Why is it such a big deal anyway? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Why is it such a big deal anyway? 

A lot of people didn't want it to become Fire/Fighting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 6:15 AM, coolkingler1 said:

I always make it a point to start new games with different Pokemon, b/c, seriously, who needs the same six for a challenge?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

These cards are awesome:

It will be somewhat weird in a couple years though, seeing old base set and this rerelease of base set in the same piles at flea markets/thrift shops.

Anyways, I'll likely get a few boosters

• 3 weeks later...

So pokemon sun and moon is out and I still have no idea which one to get!!! Only can afford one of them so i'm stuck.... I'm also stuck on the download version or cartridge version.... Love the cartridges cause then I have the physical thing but the download version is so convenient that i dont have to worry about loosing a cartridge or carry them around.... (as I am super pissed off I can't find my Alpha sapphire game rn....)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!