The Pokémon Thread

minibois
20 hours ago, Daring said:

Remember to keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed if they don't announce Sun and Moon tomorrow.

Oh I was on the hype train pretty hard with S&M. But glad it was true.

But all that wait for no trailer or exact date and a handful of screenshots from development was pretty disappointing.

5 minutes ago, monkey10120 said:

But all that wait for no trailer or exact date and a handful of screenshots from development was pretty disappointing.

WE'll probably get some more info pretty soon, at most likely with the next corocoro leaks.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

7 minutes ago, monkey10120 said:

Well it's like 10 months away still, so I am sure we will see a trailer.. some day.

Also, friendly reminder: tomorrow is exactly 20 years from the release of Pokémon Red and Green in Japan. :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Well it's like 10 months away still, so I am sure we will see a trailer.. some day.

Also, friendly reminder: tomorrow is exactly 20 years from the release of Pokémon Red and Green in Japan. :D 

20 Anniversary Hype. I´d be more hype if I could find my 3DS and play super mystery dungeon...

32 minutes ago, squirrl said:

WE'll probably get some more info pretty soon, at most likely with the next corocoro leaks.

30 minutes ago, Minibois said:

No doubt we will be getting some leaks soon. I am wondering how much of this they will cover tomorrow since they are streaming on twitch and are having "discussion, gameplay, interviews, and other Pokémon coverage". So it will be interesting if they talk or show some gameplay tomorrow. But thats probably too much to ask for.

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

It was at the time of the nintendo direct right? Japan started their 27th then.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

4 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Awesome video :D 

Part of me wanted the games to be called Solar and Luna(r) though. 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Awesome video :D 

Part of me wanted the games to be called Solar and Luna(r) though. 

God damn it I really need to find my 3ds.

3 hours ago, Bsmith said:

anyone else got/getting this?

9200000054697697.jpg

That looks like it jumped right out of the 90s.

Awesome.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

9 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

anyone else got/getting this?

Saw it in a store last Saturday (together with the other two color ones). Thought about getting it, but I just don't have the money for it.. :(

7 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I FUCKING WANT THAT.

mine is on it's way.

Just now, Albatross said:

That looks like it jumped right out of the 90s.

Awesome.

it's the 20y anniversiry edition of pokemon, blue red or yellow pre installed on a 2DS themed in the coulour of your picked flavor.

Just now, Minibois said:

Saw it in a store last Saturday (together with the other two color ones). Thought about getting it, but I just don't have the money for it.. :(

Will show off mine soon enough then I guess:P

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

5 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

mine is on it's way.

it's the 20y anniversiry edition of pokemon, blue red or yellow pre installed on a 2DS themed in the coulour of your picked flavor.

Will show off mine soon enough then I guess:P

Where do you get one?

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Where do you get one?

google "pokemon yellow 2ds" that's how I found the best online store.

sadly not the cheapest for me, the cheapest woudl require pick up at a brick and mortar store for out of my area =(

4 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

sadly not the cheapest for me, the cheapest woudl require pick up at a brick and mortar store for out of my area =(

Can´t find one for us...

5 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

I saw all three version in Gamemania two days ago, in two different ones even. Not sure how much it was though

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Can´t find one for us...

what? seriously?

-googles-

woah! seems like they are japan and EU only:o the US is being left out it seems... damn....

Might still be aired later there though, since japan was 1st, then EU/UK and the digital games still aren't in the nintendo e-store it seems according to reddit, making the US still have a chance on receiving them.

Just now, Minibois said:

I saw all three version in Gamemania two days ago, in two different ones even. Not sure how much it was though

95 euro at gamemania yeah, the nearest brick and mortar store would be somewhere in nijmegen for me, which is 1.5-2h with public transport.

the extra costs travelling would make it just as expensive as ordering it from bol.com so I decided to go the lazy route.

3 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

what? seriously?

-googles-

woah! seems like they are japan and EU only:o the US is being left out it seems... damn....

Might still be aired later there though, since japan was 1st, then EU/UK and the digital games still aren't in the nintendo e-store it seems according to reddit, making the US still have a chance on receiving them.

95 euro at gamemania yeah, the nearest brick and mortar store would be somewhere in nijmegen for me, which is 1.5-2h with public transport.

the extra costs travelling would make it just as expensive as ordering it from bol.com so I decided to go the lazy route.

I WANT A FUCKING YELLOW 2DS! NINTENDO OF AMERICA, GET ON IT.

• 3 weeks later...

Eric Medalle, who designed the Pokémon X and Y logos, worked at Pokémon (Game Freak) since 1999 has died in an accident Sunday.

A tree landed on his car during a storm (in Seattle) and he passed away. His daughter who was in the car too thankfully did survive.

My condolences to his family, friends and his colleagues.

On 29-2-2016 at 5:24 PM, Starelementpoke said:

I WANT A FUCKING YELLOW 2DS! NINTENDO OF AMERICA, GET ON IT.

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Eric Medalle, who designed the Pokémon X and Y logos, worked at Pokémon (Game Freak) since 1999 has died in an accident Sunday.

A tree landed on his car during a storm (in Seattle) and he passed away. His daughter who was in the car too thankfully did survive.

My condolences to his family, friends and his colleagues.

RIP, a guy who helped make my dream...