A quick poll for those of you with a g3258 (anniversary edition) cpu...

Remember, this poll is ONLY for those of you with a g3258 running in your system.

Here is the associated MS KB article.

If you've had trouble, please explain through posting.

Now summoning:

@tmcclelland455 @OneMCGuy @CatzRuleZWorld @cd5josh @afluffehbunneh

@harrynowl @HinkHall -- not sure if you have one but w/e @TheGeeker -- still have yours in a new system?

@Biased Opinion @Raisin06 @Dr_Curry_MONSTER @kappaBiceps @NeatSquidYT @WastedEmu @Syte -- any reports requested @vishnureddy17 @Sechoki

@MachineKillx @MageTank @ryderbg @Maxing @YaNeZ @SW68 @Noxz -- lol @Vash_327

Did I forget people?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I could have but I was already in the middle of typing up the post and hence laziness.

You should just resubmit this then...

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Please use the Poll option in the topic creator. And follow your own topic.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Please use the Poll option in the topic creator. And follow your own topic.

edit: nevermind I'll try to modify the original post.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

edit: nevermind I'll try to modify the original post.

What song is that in your profile pic?

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I don't think I have it installed yet if it came out on the 16th

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You could add an I don't have a G3258 option to the poll.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

You could add an I don't have a G3258 option to the poll.

Well theoretically you wouldn't even have made in here when you read the thread title:

"A quick poll for those of you with a g3258 (anniversary edition) cpu..."

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I have not applied this update yet, as i was unaware it even existed. My system only updates when i tell it to. Why exactly is this important, if you don't mind me asking? Is it causing any issues with people that i should be aware of?

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I have not installed it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What is this about? I haven't installed it that I know of...

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Does the microcode update have any issues? Why is it special?

Remember, this poll is ONLY for those of you with a g3258 running in your system.

Here is the associated MS KB article.

If you've had trouble, please explain through posting.

I no longer have a 3258, Haven't for months but I'll stick around to hear the issue

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

Wait, so what is the issue with the update. Or do you just want to know if its better.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

@Counter-Strike Player   Yea. I have it in a system but its not done and I dont have a case for it. ATM its sitting on the mobo box but as soon as I get a case and stuff Ill get back to you. I did install the update but have not played with it at all yet. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

What is this about? I haven't installed it that I know of...

Does the microcode update have any issues? Why is it special?

When did this update roll out?

I haven't updated that pc for awhile so I doubt I have it.

16 June.

Wait, so what is the issue with the update. Or do you just want to know if its better.

As for the rest of you wondering, I don't think more poll participants are going to vote so the reason why I made it is because there's been some scattered "reports" of trouble and I saw a relation with trouble and the g3258. I personally haven't installed it yet and I always tend to "balk" when MS releases a new patch that's supposed to be an "improvement" on the old code (especially when it comes to 3rd party companies like Intel in this case), and that's why I wanted to see if people were already experiencing trouble. Looks like no one here has but personally I'm going to wait until the next batch Tuesday (14 July) when a lot more people tend to update (and more unrelated trouble reports come out from various "general computing" sites.) I don't particularly like to reveal this information to you all since it might now affect your own preferences on updating things (simply based on scattered reports), and that's something I didn't intend to do.

I think worse case scenario for those of you concerned (and I probably will do this too) is find a decent backup solution (MS system restore has failed me on so many occasions and now I'm willing to pay for decent backup image software), then backup pretty much the entire image and put it on a new hdd or something because I simply don't have the space atm.

And thanks to all for voting.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Haven't installed it yet, at least not to my knowledge. I'll check it tonight and report back, I have pruned down the update service after an Office 2007 update borked my system a few months ago.

Not installed on my system, nor is it in the queue for install...Turning auto updates off again until I hear otherwise. Don't want it installing by itself.

I have the System with the G3258 in it pulled apart right now... was going to rebuild it later this week.. I'll let you know what the outcome is once the system is rebuilt!

Haven't installed it yet, at least not to my knowledge. I'll check it tonight and report back, I have pruned down the update service after an Office 2007 update borked my system a few months ago.

Not installed on my system, nor is it in the queue for install...Turning auto updates off again until I hear otherwise. Don't want it installing by itself.

I have the System with the G3258 in it pulled apart right now... was going to rebuild it later this week.. I'll let you know what the outcome is once the system is rebuilt!

Please do, thanks.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν