How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

Yes, which is surprising considering how I used to build anywhere from 500-600 desktops or 100-200 servers any given day. I can build a computer pretty quickly, so I kind of laugh to myself when I see a video of someone building a single computer and it's a monumental step for them. That's cool though, I remember that feeling, but having so many components go through my hands a day I don't really react the same way as most people. Like how people make a big deal out of installing the CPU in the motherboard socket. Hands trembling, making sure to not bend any pins, that shiver that rolls down their spine when the retention bracket squeaks on the lid. Lol, I just drop it in there and close it in the blink of an eye. 

I chuckle at Linus and other tech Youtubers sometimes though, because even doing what they do and building all the systems they've built, it's still nowhere near the level of someone who has worked in mass PC production. If anyone else on this forum has worked in a similar position I'm sure they can echo my words. 

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

My most annoying part was instaling back plate for evo 212, took me over 15 minutes....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I enjoy it, there are some worrying moments like cpu thermal paste, first boot, black screens or my most recent buying an 8350 and find it running games at 20fps, turned out the over clock at desktop setting was OCing the 8350 as my old CPU (doh!)

Front panel headers, SATA connectors, and I always feel like I'm about to break something when I'm putting in ram.

After you build & set everything up & then you remember that you forgot to plug in these mofos right here.. <_<

interior-7.jpg

I only connected my power button cable. Dunno where the others go, stupid Foxconn mobo...

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

when there are not enough screws and i have to go to the shop the next day 

I really really Love building computers! 

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

I don't really enjoy building computers, usually I just want it to be over as soon as possible.

Love it, wish I could get a job doing nothing but build pc's for people.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

I think you're going to find very few people on the forum who don't enjoy building computers. I spend months figuring out bulids to make everything as perfect as possible since I enjoy computers so much.

Same. I really enjoy building them, cable management is my form of "art" if that makes any sense.

It makes a lot of sense.

No matter how hard I try, my cable management always turns out poo. It's why I haven't gone over to water cooling yet, I'm terrified it will just look repulisive when I'm done.

I envy those that can make cable management look good without putting in any effort.

When I get to build or take apart some PC

9zvRNlB.gif

This is me, I offer to build a PC for anyone thinking about buying one, I don't really like fixing computers though I'm not a massive fan of thing to get software working.

I looove building computers

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

This is me, I offer to build a PC for anyone thinking about buying one, I don't really like fixing computers though I'm not a massive fan of thing to get software working.

Software is annoying, I will fix build or replace just about anything though.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Love every bit of it, especially helping friend's PCs as well. Isn't that what lego's prepared us for?

i always tinkle with my build (unless i'm lazy) my current pc is properly my 5th PC i build or rebuild, i use pc until it dies untill then i dont build a new one but that chance from the recent trend

lives on

BAKABT

I like building PCs but not if it's low-end parts. There's no thrill in building with low end parts. Want me to build you an socket 2011v3 system? No charge. If you want me to put that sad little AM1 box together for you though it's gonna be $70.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I love building pc's. Honestly if the money were better I'd build and repair computers for a living. Maybe if I'm l get the chance I'll start up a side thing where I can build computers for people for some extra cash and for the fun of it.

When i find anything PC related especially legacy stuff i feel like a kid in the candy shop

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

I love it, but if it's for me, im wayyyyy to lazy to look in to problems or build a proper pc u.u

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

10/10 am not enjoying prebuilds for PAX.