How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

my first build was in a CM elite 130 which is an ITX case

i'm doing a build in afew weeks in a CM Elite 110 im looking forward to it, im even spending abit more on the PSU just for a fully modular one 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Something about pressing that power button when you're finally done, watching the fans whirl, hearing that motherboard *beep*... and then realizing you forgot to plug in your SATA cables. I always forget to plug in my SATA cables. :lol:

I always forget about the cpu power cables

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

Recently I have been occupied with to many things and haven't been enjoying anything, but I used to really love it. Growing up I always wanted challenges and the feeling making those challenges become accomplishments is something I cant put into words. I love trying to squeeze out every bit of performance with PC's and learning what I can do with them. I got to the point where I never fully finished PC's because I knew that in days or even hours that I would tear it apart and build something else just to try something new. I've used the problems that I have encountered over the years to build up my knowledge and now want to help others(even though that can be a bit irritating at times). Someday I will probably enjoy it again, but for now I have too much on my plate.

I absolutely love building PC's, unless I don't have any good tools on hand (stupid teeny tiny screw drivers :angry:). I actually first started when I was about 12 or 13, given I failed miserably and we needed to take it to the shop to get it put back together again, but it didn't stop me and I got better with time....and then worse again as I hadn't the need to do it again for years.

No. Finding a halfway decent case was a nightmare and the one I ended up with still had to be modified. Next up: New cables for the power supply. Generally, it's a huge pain in the butt and takes way too much time, if you don't just want to throw everything in a huge box that is supposed to sit under the desk where no one will be able to see it.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Yes, I just tear apart and rebuild my system when i'm bored, and helped a friend with their system too.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

No, that's why I have built two and I am looking to build a third just to torture myself further. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i have build 5 budget PC for my friend and some customer  , 3 gaming PC for friend . i have earn  a little money from there :P

I enjoy building them....unless they dont work and i have to spend AGESSSSSSS troubleshooting.

Oh, and CPU coolers are a pain to install (exceulding most AOIs)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

If i have time then definitely yes :)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I do, every time a friend, or a friend of a friend, needs a PC I'm on it asking for a budget and sending them a PC part picker link so they can buy it. The only down side is I become the customer service for every issue they have.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

When I get to build or take apart some PC

9zvRNlB.gif

When I take apart any tech at all!

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

I enjoy it.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Of course I do, every part of it is enjoyable. Now obviously I can't afford to do it for myself so I just build for my family and extended family

Part of the Q6600 club

Yes, who doesn't love the smell of new computer components? It's like an aphrodisiac for nerds.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Short answer: yes. Long answer: the idea that I can simply make something work when I put it together properly really intrigues me. I like the feeling of knowing that I affected what happened to something that affects my daily life. It feels good.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

It's weird, I get annoyed when building my own rig but when building/messing with my friends rigs it's so much fun. I loathe changing hard drives and messing with sata cables in my case, but I'll gladly ghetto mount my DVD drive in my friend's case to install Windows.

Strange.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

I really love building computers, but I have started to really hate "debugging" my own computer after some very prolonged issues last year.

Right before christmas my H100i died. I had to remove it so I did, but took me months to RMA it and I just recently installed the new one (got the one a week after RMA'ing)

But building a completly new one or "debuggin" some others computers by myself I really do enjoy

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Love it. Love it all, I pester my friends to let me upgrade their computers or let me take them apart. Honestly though, I feel like this post was fishing for replies.

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

It's possible I enjoy building and tinkering with PC's more than I do using them. lol.

I see a lot of people saying they hate cable management. I actually really enjoy the challenge and it's great when you can look into you case and see how clean it looks. It totally worth the extra time and effort. Especially with smaller form factor cases and non-modular PSU. You have to really think about what needs to go where and in what order. It took me a couple hours to do the cable management in my Node 304, but it looks so much better now than it did when I first just slapped it all together. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

i do when its a short build. 

i hated doing acrylic tubing, it took too long and i grew impatient 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Putting the big parts together is fun yes, plugging in the frontcover cables in is not, I usually get confused.

So many things I could write here... things like this.