How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

I love everything except troubleshooting an error code on the mobo that you know has no business being there 

yez

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

Yeah I like it. I needed an excuses like 5 months ago or so. I had not built any computer in years. My mom's computer was getting on the slow side ... I bought her a new one just to build it. :P

Its nothing fancy because she doesn't play games outside of those on facebook but I needed my fix :D

I love building PCs, except I have only built two. SOMEBODY GIVE ME MONEY!!!

My Rig:

PS4

I love building pc. if I can't build a new one I tend to just rebuild some rigs I have around. 

pretty much addicted to it.

Live your life like a dream.

I would do it for a living :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Ask me now? Sure

Ask me when I'm sitting there wondering if there's a bent pin I need to fix or if I'm just not pushing hard enough?

Yes, its complex enough to be interesting and simple enough not to be too frustrating. (Once you get the hang of it).

Im not even done with my first and I love it

its only done when the motherboard is discontinued with key components

unplugging it from stuff moving it off the shelf opening it up and trying to keep my parrents and pets off my ass before hand? 

no.

but once i have a new component to put in im in my own little world of ''now its better, ive actually made something better...'' and im basically high of tech for around half an hour xD

havent had to replace any coolers yet but i imagine i wont enjoy removing the thermal compound, but i'll still enjoy the proccess over all

so yes, 70% of it yes.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

unplugging it from stuff moving it off the shelf opening it up and trying to keep my parrents and pets off my ass before hand? 

no.

but once i have a new component to put in im in my own little world of ''now its better, ive actually made something better...'' and im basically high of tech for around half an hour xD

havent had to replace any coolers yet but i imagine i wont enjoy removing the thermal compound, but i'll still enjoy the proccess over all

so yes, 70% of it yes.

not to mention the diagnostics/benchmarking to see change in performance  

i actually benchmarking untill its like...... 5hours of it..... *sigh* a quick play of 10 minutes, then change gpu and test that one, repeat.

your profile picture is creepy af.........

i would KILL to have a job in tech..... i had a job at safeway and came back miserable, i come home from valunteering at FreeGeek (if you're in the portland/vancouver area check them out they're AWESOME) and its like ive never been depressed before.....

do what you love is a must for me... im not 100% mentally stable.... :c

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

its the teeth..... they make me wanna hide under my desk....... :'c

-Jim Hensen

i actually benchmarking untill its like...... 5hours of it..... *sigh* a quick play of 10 minutes, then change gpu and test that one, repeat.

your profile picture is creepy af.........

i would KILL to have a job in tech..... i had a job at safeway and came back miserable, i come home from valunteering at FreeGeek (if you're in the portland/vancouver area check them out they're AWESOME) and its like ive never been depressed before.....

do what you love is a must for me... im not 100% mentally stable.... :c

and that job needs to let me blast japanese death metal and punk music at a volume that drowns out all other noise, (in my own headphones of course) and i need to be allowed to wear my converse shoes xD

-Jim Hensen

and that job needs to let me blast japanese death metal and punk music at a volume that drowns out all other noise, (in my own headphones of course) and i need to be allowed to wear my converse shoes xD

u focus too much on specifics maybe thats why ur not "stable" or comfortable at least

Building the hardware. YES!

The software... not so much, it's not that I hate it, it's just boring...

Interested in Business and Technology

I enjoy it only if its mine or if i'm getting paid for it.

So if your friend would give you the most amazing system to build ( i7 5960X , 64GB DDR4 , 1TB PCi SSD , ultimate custom watercooling. ) But he wouldn't pay you to assemble it you would not enjoy it.

you-are-a-liar.jpg

Interested in Business and Technology

It depends - work on my own is a matter of time I have and parts I'm using. Work on others depends on how well they pay and what they're using ;)

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois