How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

All of it is fun, I don't like to Screw in HDD's and Optical drives into my antec 300

buying the parts and obsessing over the build specs is the best part.

getting stuck halfway through and becoming frustrated with something you thought you'd enjoy is the worst.

Fitting the heat sink and fan...hate this bit (especially the really old AMD K6 and Thunderbird, with that stupid clip that was a bitch to fit)

other than that i enjoy the process of putting a PC together.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

The part I hated the most was having to setup all the IRQs, DMAs and Base addresses by yourself for any new hardware, I was soo happy when windows 95 came out with plug & play.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I/O panel connectors for mobo worse thing ever

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Forcing down the CPU retention bracket...CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH...ugh

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I love every second of it - I even re-size all the power cables to minimize the space needed for cable management.

Just wish I knew how to make custom data cables....

- Edit - 

Wish I had the balls to make custom data cables: http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/baby-sata/index_eng

I believe Cable Managment is the worst part. You guys think cable management was hard.

Try doing it in the Cougar Spike without a modular power supply

post-20044-0-73992500-1368745224.jpg

Cougar Spike with my current build in it and modular power supply. I'm surprised how many cables I hid without any cable management options at all and not motherboard tray cutout. 

post-20044-0-36565700-1368745189_thumb.j

Diamond Cube https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wvPscf 

Diamond 2.0 The FX Rev 2.0 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z6sMLk

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

I believe Cable Managment is the worst part. You guys think cable management was hard.

Try doing it in the Cougar Spike without a modular power supply

attachicon.gifmsidiamond.jpg

Cougar Spike with my current build in it and modular power supply. I'm surprised how many cables I hid without any cable management options at all and not motherboard tray cutout. 

Oh gahd, that doesn't look fun, but seems like a poor choice in a case. :P

CPU cooler. Damn it all to hell. 

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

Best: Putting the CPU in the socket same as installing the cooler

Would be Cable M. if the case is small bbecause due the lack of space it drives me nuts seeing cables everywhere

Oh gahd, that doesn't look fun, but seems like a poor choice in a case. :P

Oh was it a poor choice? I don't know. When the Cougar first came out, It was $20.00 on Newegg. Who can't say no to that. I wanted something small maybe a mini itx case but my budget was short so my friend told me to look for the micro-atx mini towers. Then the Cougar showed up on my searching. Other than cable management  I would recommend this case. 

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

Oh was it a poor choice? I don't know. When the Cougar first came out, It was $20.00 on Newegg. Who can't say no to that. I wanted something small maybe a mini itx case but my budget was short so my friend told me to look for the micro-atx mini towers. Then the Cougar showed up on my searching. Other than cable management  I would recommend this case. 

I wouldn't pay $5 for a case where you can't store cables behind the tray, but maybe that's just me...

cable management isnt that bad in an atx case but itx is a b*tch

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I wouldn't pay $5 for a case where you can't store cables behind the tray, but maybe that's just me...

Honesty this was my first build so yeah I did not how people would do that. After watching countless videos, yeah I saw it was possible. I am not upgrading cases anytime soon. I like how small this case is.  

As a first time building, by far the worst was installing the CPU.  It's so fragile, and then the socket lock felt like it was stuck, which made me freak out more, and almost have a nervous breakdown.

Most fun for me is cable management, but that's just because I have a modular PSU, and it's easy and cool looking when it's done.

you cable management is far better then mine..

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I love everything about building a computer. I love organizing pretty much anything....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

For me it was trying to install the CPU heatsink while in the case (AMD builds) It never dawned on me to install out the case first soooooo frustrating.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

not everyone does this, but sleeving the cables.

and i hate putting the cpu in i always get stressed out :(

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

not everyone does this, but sleeving the cables.

and i hate putting the cpu in i always get stressed out :(

I think all of us agree with you there especially with high end pcs ... with the i7s its like oh let me take this tiny 350$ piece out thats the heart of my system....

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I think all of us agree with you there especially with high end pcs ... with the i7s its like oh let me take this tiny 350$ piece out thats the heart of my system....

exactly. its like i need therapy and yoga after i do it :) and i dont do yoga.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I hate waiting for the parts.
I like getting the parts.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull