How was your pc building experience?

Ghost

Cable management...

Installing the RAM is the easiest for me :)

Agh, I hate that too, sometimes it just won't go in correct or won't click in. :/

The best part? Receiving all the parts and stacking them next to each other

The worst part? installing windows. takes forever, then fails, then you have to try again.

Sounds like this may not be a hardware issue xD.  I reinstall windows every 60 days, longest part is windows updates.  <3 my Samsung 840 pro!!!

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Watercooling is both the worst and the best feeling of a new computer. The worst because it takes ages to leake test and bleed out. The best bacause it looks awesome when it is done. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The best part for me is putting in the CPU: You take an awesome piece of small hardware in a slot, push a lever in, it's in nice and snug, DONE.

KRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Makes me cringe everytime.

Best part for me ? Routing cables, I love zip-tying cables, thinking about the best way to manage them so it looks the cleanest.

Ouch, only time it has ever failed is when I knocked the eject on the dvd drive :/

Ouch.

But..isn't that a HDD issue then? Or the cd/dvd?

Don't think so, i mean, i install from USB, which is backed up on drive afterwards, and the HDDs are almost always new

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Sounds like this may not be a hardware issue xD.  I reinstall windows every 60 days, longest part is windows updates.  <3 my Samsung 840 pro!!!

Why.. Why would you even...?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

i don't like pluging small cables into the motherboard, basically anything that is from the case is a pain to plug in:( also installing an OS and all the drivers takes so MUCH time!!! lastly installing custom CPU coolers can sometimes be a pain.

as for the best parts I like cable managing, placing the CPU in the socket. putting the ram in the slots, and over clocking my pc.

Why.. Why would you even...?

I store everything on a storage drive.  In 60 days the amount of registry errors and spyware just gets annoying.  Even running basic anti-viruses doesn't get rid of all of the spyware.  Best way to protect yourself is a reload.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I store everything on a storage drive.  In 60 days the amount of registry errors and spyware just gets annoying.  Even running basic anti-viruses doesn't get rid of all of the spyware.  Best way to protect yourself is a reload.

Good god man, 60 days is a bit extreme

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good god man, 60 days is a bit extreme

Well, usually I am making major changes every so often so instead of 120 days it usually ends up 60 days,

Well, usually I am making major changes every so often so instead of 120 days it usually ends up 60 days,

Ohh do you use that function where you create an updated os install disk whenever you make major changes so that you dont have to reinstall every program if it blows up

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

All the little front panel connectors,they are way to small and way to close together. They piss me off way to much.

Ohh do you use that function where you create an updated os install disk whenever you make major changes so that you dont have to reinstall every program if it blows up

No, but the only program on my boot drive is windows and such.  Everything else is saved on my storage drive which I never redo.

Probably the worst for me is installing the CPU cooler. It ALWAYS pops out in a corner, and the whole process is too violent on the motherboard for my comfort. I know it's fine, but it just doesn't feel right.

My favourite part is after successfully having managed my cables perfectly, when I plug them all in. Great feeling, I can spend half an hour on that alone just to make it all symmetrical as balls.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

No, but the only program on my boot drive is windows and such.  Everything else is saved on my storage drive which I never redo.

I reinstall my windows every 1 year, but the current one is on for like 2-3years, now I'm waiting to get an SSD will install on it.

What I hate most is reinstalling windows for myself, where I have to do all those backups of favorites, game saves, documents etcetera...

And I also hate the 24pin cable on my PC, it's so tight on the mo-bo that I can barely take it out. I'm not even sure that I can take it out now.

What I love: is everything else, including CPU mounting, cable management, air PC building(virtual/imaginary) xD, absolutely everything that is about pc building(except the things I said in the hate part. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Worst: applying thermal paste and installing cpu cooler

Best: turning it on :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

the blood..

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I don't know why but I really like sliding in the hard drive trays, its just sooo satisfying. 

As for the worst, I still get nightmares about cable management. 

Cable management is pretty fun to me actually, I don't know why it is though.

Cable management is my favorite part. It's fun to make things neat and tidy. I hate plugging in pins in low lighting. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

mine is actualy the 9-12 month teardown for a deep clean, I have to put it off for now because I don't have any thermal compound atm.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Ah, somebody made me remember.

Indeed the small pins for the on/off switches and LEDS are the most annoying.