iOS vs Android Debate

HOW THE FUCK did he think a Apple watch had a longer battery life then a Android wear device? I have tweaked my Lg g watch R to have a battery life of three days with the display on full brightness all the time from 7am to 12pm and I still don't have to gesture to see the time, and even after 3 days I still have 12-19% left.

Let's see a Apple watch do that.

When TechnoBuffalo was mentioning security, Linus should have said something snarky about The Fappening, dropped the mic, and closed skype

I was waiting for Linus to mention the fappening when security was brought up....that would've just sealed on how "secure" iOS is.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Terve!
I don't konw who won, but I know that this was a lot of fun to watch.

I'm on board to see it. And you can do all kinds of topics. AMD vs. Intel /NVidia would shurely be funny. (at least for me as an AMD Fanboy).

Hell, you could even do Inkjet vs. Laser Printer...

Sayonara!

Why has no one said anything about the text message that makes it reboot?

The voting probably won't work out this way, and regardless of how I feel about the OSes, but Jon won the debate. Linus was far to quick to venture off point when he was backed into a corner, Jon followed him though.

Why has no one said anything about the text message that makes it reboot?

Because everyone forgot about it because it doesn't really matter. It doesn't make the phone reboot. It makes the phone repspring. A process that takes two seconds to complete. You can eliminate the "threat" entirely by turning off iMessage banners (the popup at the top of the screen that tells you you have an iMessage. You can leave on the notification sound, badge and lockscreen message). 

Easy answer: neither, windows 8 phone.

Why: because it's more obscure, so few people user it, no on bothers writing viruses for it or hacking it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This was more of what fanboys would argue than an educated debate. I personally felt Jon had more valid arguments and Linus was just looking for points and trying to change topics with WWDC, OSX and Apple Watch. I mean c'mon linus, you didn't know that the 6 Plus had one of the best battery life out there

I would like to see a second part where they interchange their topics. 

I'll admit I do like apples OS but that's about it. I hated Apple long before this video came out. Heinously overpriced computers, and incredibly fragile phones until the iPhone 6. It wouldn't matter if I could picture message a Martian, the iPhone 6 plus isn't worth 3x as much as my ZenFone 2

I was waiting for Linus to mention the fappening when security was brought up....that would've just sealed on how "secure" iOS is.

You mean using social engineering to guess celebrity passwords? 

Not Apples problem that their users are morons and pick guessable passwords. If you aren't using something stupid like 7adf8g9adf89gasd(fa8300ppp then you deserve being "hacked". Use better passwords, especially if you're a goddamn celebrity that should know people want access. Ideally, don't store ANYTHING online that you don't feel comfortable having there. Not a hard rule to follow, especially when it comes to nude photos. 

This "debate" is silly and simply exists to stroke the egos of fanboys on each side. I've used both since the shiftiness of iOS 1 and the shittiness of whatever abomination the Nexus One shipped with. They have always had their pros and cons compared to each other. They have always been flawed. They have both borrowed/stolen/whatever from one another in the name of improving their product. 

Pick what you think is best for you and bugger off, eh? Don't shove your opinion penis down peoples throats because you absolutely believe one is truly superior to another. iOS vs Android is like BMW vs Mercedes. Each brand does one thing better than the other, but who the fuck cares in the real world what you drive so long as YOU are happy with it? Eh? Since when did we start using OSs to satisfy the flawed and screwed up notions of fanboys and internet strangers? Just use what fits your needs best, what is easiest for you. 

I myself will go back to iOS every single time. Hell, I even prefer the stock ROM on my S5 over everything else I've installed, because its the least amount of headaches. You want to tinker with your shit all day long? all the power to you. I am a tinkerer too, but I prefer having my phone, computer and camera as stable as possible, because after a day of tinkering and working, I want something that you know, just works. 

God forbid people chose what they like without being labeled fanboys or sheep around here. So goddamn pathetic this attitude is. 

This was more of what fanboys would argue than an educated debate. I personally felt Jon had more valid arguments and Linus was just looking for points and trying to change topics with WWDC, OSX and Apple Watch. I mean c'mon linus, you didn't know that the 6 Plus had one of the best battery life out there

I know, I'm disappointed. Linus is smarter than that and can make far more educated and rational points in a real debate. This felt like pandering to the circle jerk. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1QFVfbJ

Amazon: http://geni.us/3olF

Which mobile OS is better, iOS or Android?

Android is clearly better because it allows shit like this to happen:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/389535-the-balls-on-these-guys-and-their-new-phone/#entry5259462

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

'it's all fun and games bla bla bla..' Lets keep the circle jerk going.

^I agree

SNIP

Extremely well said, its nice to see that there are still some sensible, intellegent and rational people that visit the forum

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hardware it's pretty much no contest, Apple wins hands down.

Where have you been in the last 3 years where iphones have been left behind in terms of hardware on pretty much every aspect? ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Where have you been in the last 3 years where iphones have been left behind in terms of hardware on pretty much every aspect? ;)

I wouldnt go that far, it still has, the second best camera, a great display, and competitive GPU and CPU performance

and it should run even smoother running in Metal :D

20150409_205411_997.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wouldnt go that far, it still has, the second best camera, a great display, and competitive GPU and CPU performance

and it should run even smoother running in Metal :D

Not enough (imo) considering it's one of the most exmpensive phones on the market... it's behind in battery life, screen, ram, raw performance (compared to others) and storage. Wether the price is justifiable or not is another discussion for another day, I just wanted to call bs on "Hardware it's pretty much no contest, Apple wins hands down." which is clearly wrong.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not enough (imo) considering it's one of the most exmpensive phones on the market... it's behind in battery life, screen, ram, raw performance (compared to others) and storage. Wether the price is justifiable or not is another discussion for another day, I just wanted to call bs on "Hardware it's pretty much no contest, Apple wins hands down." which is clearly wrong.

I have 128gb of storage, RAM is never really an issue with the apple handles multitasking (never close apps, never restart phone, have 1-2 crashes a year) - raw performance is fine, it still runs every app and game 100% fine, and runs very smoothly, Android still has stutters and hitches 

Him saying "hardware wins no contest" sure its not true (like at all), but every iPhone is good.. not all Android phones are good, for every good Android phone there are 10 pieces of shit

Honestly neither side had good arguments, i honestly hated the video

I have 128gb of storage, RAM is never really an issue with the apple handles multitasking (never close apps, never restart phone, have 1-2 crashes a year) - raw performance is fine, it still runs every app and game 100% fine, and runs very smoothly, Android still has stutters and hitches 

Him saying "hardware wins no contest" sure its not true (like at all), but every iPhone is good.. not all Android phones are good, for every good Android phone there are 10 pieces of shit

Honestly neither side had good arguments, i honestly hated the video

your storage is not expandable (and it costs 100$ for 32gb, absurd), and the way ios uses ram is irrelevant - the point is and was that other phones objectively have more ram, performance, expandability etc. Which is all I wanted to state this time :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is really pointless I suppose, because multimedia and technology will always be about personal preference and opinions.

This debate is like the Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs AMD debates.

They are all pointless because different consumers have different preferences and that's why people buy different products.

MY DP SAYS IT ALL..

IOS users know very well that if they had  the ability to choose what hardware they want with the OS they will love it very much ,.. With IOS what Apple gives you is what you get..

And the most annoying thing is how they bring Android features of 2011 and 2012 into 2015 IOS versions and call it an update.. Im guessing they will bring face unlock, IR Blaster, REAL NFC funtionality in 2017 and call it IOS 10

IOS users just love to wait .. I have an Ipad mini with IOS 8.1.3 and trust me its nothing close to how simple android can be.. i need like a gazillion touches to get simple tasks done.. It was a gift since i'll obviously never spend my money on shitty things like "I" devices..

Android is Light years ahead of IOS and it will always be since they desided to think on their own and not listen. Google on the other hand takes new ideas and initiatives from other developers and Modders.. CUSTOM ROMS.. and with that they are able to create an OS that the people actually like ..

Apple is just stuck because their ideas are finished and all they can do is change icons and colours.. so when IOS users complain of things they cant do that android users can ... then they will steal some old Android features, place it in their latest software and launch a new phone with it and some loyal dummies will buy it for some extravagant amount...

I Rest my case

awesome format! would like to see something like this again for sure.

just saw the likes on the video of techbuffalo, damn that are alot of dislikes for being on apple's side, both are pretty equal these days IMO but their ideas are just diffrent, seems like most people wont agree with this though.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.