AMD's own testing? Fury X vs GTX 980Ti

zMeul

Those custom coolers were not available in the uk until january 2014! 

That's unfortunate, and a problem with global product availability, though the cards themselves were available elsewhere for at least a month before that.

I digress though, that's getting quite off topic.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

does anyone know when the NDA or whatever it is ends/when reviewers can upload their reviews? is it the 24th

Bottleneck is the right word. DVI only supports a resolution of 2560 x 1600 60hz or 1920 x 1080 120hz and monitors at that resolution would have DisplayPort anyway. The HDMI can be used for a secondary monitor and the DP should be used for the primary.

?

I can run 144hz 1080p on dvi...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

does anyone know when the NDA or whatever it is ends/when reviewers can upload their reviews? is it the 24th

Linus mentioned that it's this tuesday

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Its not official until Linus and Luke get their hands on one ;)

I hope this card does well, will give Nvidia the lil kick in the booty that they so desperately need.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I wanna see linus benchmark the two against eachother

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't see how a "hardware to hardware" comparison is even possible since the hardware is in no way the same, unless you were just talking about air and water cooling. In which case, I would point to everyone who said it was fine to constantly compare the reference cooling on the 290x's to other cards. The tables have turned (Titan X can throttle) but people can't just switch their opinions that easily. I mean they could, but they look stupid. The stock cooler should be compared from both if possible.

Wait... are you the same person (zMeul) from the AMD subreddit that got banned for, and I quote, flaming, misinformation, aggravation, and a host of other ill-intent things"? I remember reading you're posts from back then.

Looks like 4K on a single card isn't gonna be a thing yet...

They are clearly piling on MSAA to exaggerate the difference. My 970 SLI gets 80 fps in Thief.

Wait... are you the same person (zMeul) from the AMD subreddit that got banned for, and I quote, flaming, misinformation, aggravation, and a host of other ill-intent things"? I remember reading you're posts from back then.

that ban was revoked not even 1h after

someone from AMD's social media "group" got aggravated when I started bringing in hard facts about R9 2xx series failure rates - corroborated with my own experience with 3 broken in the box R9 280X es

about 1week later, my RMA was resolved

said "fuck it !!", payed the difference and got my very 1st nVidia powered video card after about 14 years of Radeon exclusivity, since the very 1st one 

for the price and the performance it delivers, this GPU seems like it'll be great

even though the performance gap is not that large between the 980 ti and the fury X, and it having 2gb less memory, for the same money you get a shit ton of memory bandwidth and high-end watercooling, which will hopefully allow for pretty damn high overclocks on the core side

that ban was revoked not even 1h after

someone from AMD's social media "group" got aggravated when I started bringing in hard facts about R9 2xx series failure rates - corroborated with my own experience with 3 broken in the box R9 280X es

about 1week later, my RMA was resolved

said "fuck it !!", payed the difference and got my very 1st nVidia powered video card after about 14 years of Radeon exclusivity, since the very 1st one 

So that explains why you are so active on LTT all of a sudden  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Benchmarks from the company themselves? Well of course they'll be colourized.

If that's the sort of results to expect then I'm impressed. AMD really seems to have done it right with fiji in my opinion, especially as this is beating the 980ti at the same price point, and as the titan x is so close in performance, with a bit of overclocking you can expect to see this comfortably beat out all the competition, especially with an AiO already attached the temps will easily be able to handle it. If I had the money I'd be racing to bag one of these right now.

depends on whether the overclocking has the same effect in fps on both amd and nvidia or which of these cards you can push  higher. if you imagine a gaming g1 980ti and this watercooled fury x, it would be interesting which one you can push higher

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

--Skyrim--

skip to time 5:50, use time stamped link https://youtu.be/ADN_mBG_-fQ?t=349 or watch in it's entirely.

See what I mean?  Logan's just about the only reviewer that gets to use modded skyrim bench results.  He's big enough, trusted enough, and He talks about skyrim and modding it often, and again not strictly as a vram joke.  He's even reviewed several mods, or really just talked about the ones he uses and maybe why.  Haven't seen any others do that, nor do I expect them to.  Logan's just a genuine fan, and we all know it.

13063620177l.jpg

Thats Not The Fury X,The Fury X Doesn't Have A Fan On It,It Has A Radiator With A Fan On It

13063620177l.jpg

Thats Not The Fury X,The Fury X Doesn't Have A Fan On It,It Has A Radiator With A Fan On It

Fury XT?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Fury XT?

fiji xt is literally the fury x

so no.

maybe dual fiji but i doubt that.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

I thought that was fan made.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADN_mBG_-fQ

skip to time 5:50, use time stamped link https://youtu.be/ADN_mBG_-fQ?t=349 or watch in it's entirely.

See what I mean? Logan's just about the only reviewer that gets to use modded skyrim bench results. He's big enough, trusted enough, and He talks about skyrim and modding it often, and again not strictly as a vram joke. He's even reviewed several mods, or really just talked about the ones he uses and maybe why. Haven't seen any others do that, nor do I expect them to. Logan's just a genuine fan, and we all know it.

Haha secretly(I guess it's not a secret now :P) modded skyrim is always my top priority when picking a gpu. Of all people that reviewed the 7970/280x, Logan is the only one that showed modded skyrim performance. Logan's review was the most helpful one. Although his setup isn't the most graphically intensive, it gives a rough gauge since Logan also shows his mod list. I'll be waiting for a Fury X review from him ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Fury XT?

it was a fanmade poster, that's an r9 295x2 reused asset

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Seems some sites are getting their hands on newer drivers for the Fury X. It's performing much better now it seems. Hopefully this is accurate and  AMD sorts out this driver debacle.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ixbt.com%2Fvideo3%2Ffiji-part3.shtml

03-2560a.jpg

02-2560a.jpg

01-3840a.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Seems some sites are getting their hands on newer drivers for the Fury X. It's performing much better now it seems. Hopefully this is accurate and AMD sorts out this driver debacle.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ixbt.com%2Fvideo3%2Ffiji-part3.shtml

03-2560a.jpg

02-2560a.jpg

01-3840a.jpg

Thats been proven false already by an AMD rep. Even guru3d tested their fury x with the new drivers.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

13063620177l.jpg

It's fake.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag (week late, had to sit in the corner). Who is still ready to defend AMD Fury X's awesome 95mhz overclocking capability? See, this is why I said about reading up on hardware for years and being able to correlate hidden information when presented with evidence.

It's a pretty nice card still, but the drivers are still pretty terrible. Can't really compete <4K.