AMD's own testing? Fury X vs GTX 980Ti

zMeul

Probally Not Stock Clocks On The 980Ti,Because Of GPU Boost

the hell? that's a full water block!

EVGA also sells the hybrid: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=12G-P4-1999-KR - 1100$

Interesting. I did not see the Hybrid Cooler variant on NewEgg nor NCIX.com.

The Fury X has a full water block too for its integrated AIO cooler. The only advantage the EVGA Hydro Copper has is the ability to drop it into a full custom loop.

However, it's still like $450 more than a Fury X. Even if you bought a Fury X, and THEN bought a full cover water block separately, it would still be ~$250 cheaper compared to the Hydro Copper, while providing the same or better performance.

Face it man, the Fury X, if these benchmarks can be validated by independent reviewers, is a Titan X and a 980 Ti killer.

and then dont forget, there are still going to be custom Fury coolers from asus, msi, gigabyte, etc. Makes the 980ti and Titan X even less worthwhile (bordering on worthless at this rate unless Nvidia drops their prices at least $150 bucks for the 980ti, $350 for the Titan X)

Indeed, the Fury X won't hit shelves for a bit yet, so we'll likely see a ton of custom board partner cooling solutions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a full-waterblock custom loop cooling edition from one of the board partners - akin to the EVGA Hydro Copper.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Because Nvidias CEO is the first CEO in the history of CEOs to have come up with out of ass numbers to hype products? 

Some of you people take this Nvidia v AMD thing way, way too seriously. As if your livelihoods depended on it. 

No, but Nvidias CEO said himself that it's CEO math in that press event, so it really has nothing to do with AMD vs Nvidia

Face it man, the Fury X, if these benchmarks can be validated by independent reviewers, is a Titan X and a 980 Ti killer.

not even AMD agrees with you

if Fury X was indeed a Titan X killer, as they hinted

13063620177l.jpg

then, they would've done the testing against it just to rub it in, they didn't  ;)

---

here's Jayz 980Ti vs Hybrid 980Ti:

even then, the 980Ti isn't better than Titan X

not even AMD agrees with you

if Fury X was indeed a Titan X killer, as they hinted

13063620177l.jpg

then, they would've done the testing against it just to rub it in, they didn't  ;)
Give it up man, you are trying to do a hardware to hardware co parison? Even if it's hardware to hardware you still gotta factor in price. $350 more for a Titan x for what? THST extra 1-2 FPS In games? Yeah I'm good. Same goes for a 980ti. You keep talking about getting aftermarket coolers for the Titan x when THE FURY X COMES WITH A LIQUID COOLER STOCK, It's not aftermarket. You gotta compare cards stock-stock, you factor in EVERYTHING, Price, hardware, and honestly price is a BIG thing when building a PC. Put together a stable $1300 system with a Titan x, you can't, however you can build a $1300 PC With a 980Ti/Fury X. Give it up, you ar the definition of a fanboy, I like Nvidia, but some people can't face the fact that the competition is doing something better and come up with the STUPIDEST ideas of why it's a card. You kept going on and on about an after market cooler, So you are trying to compare an after market Titan x to a STOCK Fury X, how come?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Fucking pages and pages of this hate shit... this community is getting more toxic by the day.

Why not just ignore missinformation and hate posts, just report ... stop fueling this nonsense hate with trying to reason with this kind of people.

yes, and Titan X should not exist, yet it does and people bought it - in spite of its grandiose price

yes, and Titan X should not exist, yet it does and people bought it - in spite of its grandiose price

People bought it because they had no other choice, no other card compared to it at the time. No one in their right mind would buy one now.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

People bought it because they had no other choice, no other card compared to it at the time. No one in their right mind would buy one now.

no choice!? compared to what?! Titan X doesn't have double precision like it's predecessor (if I'm not wrong)

and it's performance in UHD is nothing to write home about

soo .... ?!?!  :huh:

no choice!? compared to what?! Titan X doesn't have double precision like it's predecessor (if I'm not wrong)

and it's performance in UHD is nothing to write home about

soo .... ?!?!  :huh:

How do you go from defending it to go against it?

Looking the most forward to that Nano to be honest. I'd just be happy with 60fps , everything maxed but with that tiny card...that's cool.

Say something that performs like the Titan X but with far less heat, power, and lower Ram. I don't even know how much the Nano has in HMB, does anyone? I assume it's still 4 Gb of HMB though. As long as it beats the 970 and 390X but below $500

another topic, another flame war -_-

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

CEOmath was literally coined by NVidia's own CEO, when he said Pascal would have 10x performance. So NVidia invented that term themselves.

So what does that tell you?  It tells me that when a company promotes itself you should take what they say with heavy dose of skepticism, and that the hate train will stop at all stations scheduled or not.

No, but Nvidias CEO said himself that it's CEO math in that press event, so it really has nothing to do with AMD vs Nvidia

It does when fanboys start complaining.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And how do you know this? Do you have an R9 FuryX? No? I didn't think so.

It's no secret that GTA 5 runs better, much better actually, on nVidia rather than AMD. Whether that is due to architecture or drivers (most likely this) is unknown, but across Tahiti, Tonga, and Hawaii, they all perform worse than their nvidia counterparts. The trend would most likely continue with AMD's newest cards. 

It's no secret that GTA 5 runs better, much better actually, on nVidia rather than AMD. Whether that is due to architecture or drivers (most likely this) is unknown, but across Tahiti, Tonga, and Hawaii, they all perform worse than their nvidia counterparts. The trend would most likely continue with AMD's newest cards. 

Because Nvidia is two generations ahead of most of GCN cards.

Why can't AMD benchmark their own cards? nVidia does.

I don't think you should trust first-party benchmarks.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

So, i dont get it. I was happy with my 980s, i am happy with my 980 ti's. Am i supposed to suddenly be unhappy with them? I mean, its very nice he fury x can beat these, yay for competition, but reading this i feel like some people think us ti owners are giant losers all of a sudden. Cant i just like my stuff and you like yours?

Give it up man, you are trying to do a hardware to hardware co parison? Even if it's hardware to hardware you still gotta factor in price. $350 more for a Titan x for what? THST extra 1-2 FPS In games? Yeah I'm good. Same goes for a 980ti. You keep talking about getting aftermarket coolers for the Titan x when THE FURY X COMES WITH A LIQUID COOLER STOCK, It's not aftermarket. You gotta compare cards stock-stock, you factor in EVERYTHING, Price, hardware, and honestly price is a BIG thing when building a PC. Put together a stable $1300 system with a Titan x, you can't, however you can build a $1300 PC With a 980Ti/Fury X. Give it up, you ar the definition of a fanboy, I like Nvidia, but some people can't face the fact that the competition is doing something better and come up with the STUPIDEST ideas of why it's a card. You kept going on and on about an after market cooler, So you are trying to compare an after market Titan x to a STOCK Fury X, how come?

furyxfur3a.jpg

Can't wait for in depth analysis to hit the internet, just a matter of days now.

I've been debating whether to make that 4K leap this year or wait til next year, dual Fury X might actually get 4K done without compromises.

18 billion transistors occupying a single PCIE slot, sounds so tempting...

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I don't think you should trust first-party benchmarks.

Why would they lie? They would have absolutely nothing to gain from that. Obviously they want to know how their card is going to compare to the competition before it comes out so it's no surprise they would do the comparison and if they lied then it just looks bad. AMD (and any company for that matter) is smart and there is no reason not to trust their benchmarks.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Why would they lie? They would have absolutely nothing to gain from that. Obviously they want to know how their card is going to compare to the competition before it comes out so it's no surprise they would do the comparison and if they lied then it just looks bad. AMD (and any company for that matter) is smart and there is no reason not to trust their benchmarks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/06/18/amd-radeon-390x-video-card-edges-out-nvidia-gtx-980-in-4k-gaming/

Guru3D got their hands on an MSI 390x, and their results paint a slightly different story than AMD's internal benchmarks.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

So you weren't aware of Intel rigging synthetic benchmarks?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

For people saying "4K still wont be a thing on a single card yet" - ofc it won't be, until 4K is demanding like todays 1080p it won't be. No point playing at 4K if you're going to lower settings, and having maxed settings will give you such low fps, so no.
Even though, those are great numbers for a good. And if it can OC a good amount it will be awesome!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Still getting 2 980ti when I get enough money. Nearly there I can wait. Still playing 3 year old games atm. And my 670 SLI are doing just fine for them games. As for the benchmarks. 4k. Give me 4k 144hz montors and GPU which can run at 144fps oh dam that's not going to happen for a long time. Oh well I will stick with lower rez for now.