AMD's own testing? Fury X vs GTX 980Ti

zMeul

Price per performance is what makes a killer card good against it's competitor. Just like the 970, too bad they raped that with false advertising of 4gb instead of 3.5 of 0.5 vram. Yeah, 5 months under the dark and they Nvidia didn't even feel sorry for that. #lulz

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Guys, yikes.  As has always been the case, a products worth is determined by the consumer specifically, Only you can determine if the fury X is worthwhile for yourself, you cannot determine that for someone else.  If someone has 10 grand to blow on a titan X with LN cooling and personal butlers to watch the thing, then that is that, it makes that the best card for them.  Saving $300 is pittance to them in this scenario and does not present as a consideration. 

Conversely, if money is an issue and you only have a budget of $800 for the card and you want the best,  then the fury is shaping up to fit the bill easily.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

titan x performance for $350 less? Sorry zMeul but your nvidia fandom is showing. These cards are 980ti/titan killers.

No way to argue around it.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

as I said, let's not talk price

if you have the 1000+ $ to dish on a Titan X, stands to reason you also have the 110$ to buy the EVGA Hybrid, at least

titan x performance for $350 less? Sorry zMeul but your nvidia fandom is showing. These cards are 980ti/titan killers.

one thing that everyone seems to not understand is that I don't defend nVidia's pricing

what I try to debate is apples to apples comparison - hardware to hardware

---

everyone on nVidia's side hopes the 980Ti prices will drop, oh no they won't

Except if you never had the budget for a titan, then the titan was never a consideration in the first place, so the existence of the fury has had zero impact on the titan.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

one thing that everyone seems to not understand is that I don't defend nVidia's pricing

what I try to debate is apples to apples comparison - hardware to hardware

fine...compare the 980ti or titan x to fury...they are neck in neck with each other. SO they are comparable. They are both their respective companies top tier cards.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

fine...compare the 980ti or titan x to fury...they are neck in neck with each other. SO they are comparable. They are both their respective companies top tier cards.

my original point is that Fury X is not a Titan X killer - not 980Ti  <_<

and here's yet another comparison that should be made: quite a while back I said that Fury X will not be better or at least will be at the same performance as the R9 295X2

R9 295X2 has more Stream Processors and more Compute Units

Except if you never had the budget for a titan, then the titan was never a consideration in the first place, so the existence of the fury has had zero impact on the titan.

ok...then what about the 980ti? this card is comparable to the 980ti while still being cheaper than it. If i get the air cooled Fury....i can save almost $150. If i get the fury x i save another $20-30 bucks

— Grumpy old man

my original point is that Fury X is not a Titan X killer - not 980Ti  <_<

the price makes it a titan/980ti killer. Sorry you can try to sugar coat it anyway you like to enforce your buyers remorse, but most logical people looking at this tier of cards would be extremely hard pressed to spend the premium for nvidia.

— Grumpy old man

the price makes it a titan/980ti killer. Sorry you can try to sugar coat it anyway you like to enforce your buyers remorse, but most logical people looking at this tier of cards would be extremely hard pressed to spend the premium for nvidia.

Sweet, all this rendering power!  Let me turn up all the Ultra settings on my sweet 4K or 3x 2560x1440p setup.....

BOOM -- oh wait, I ran out of VRAM. :(

Sweet, all this rendering power! Let me turn up all the Ultra settings on my sweet 4K or 3x 2560x1440p setup.....

BOOM -- oh wait, I ran out of VRAM. :(

Didn't seem to bother anyone when nvidia had the 3.5+.5 cram issue. The card still sold like hot cakes. I never understood fanboyism. Nvidia does it, meh it's ok. AMD does something good and still gets hammered.

I own 4 computers, amd, Intel, nvidia.... I have no skin in the game. But if I were in the market for a high end card right now, I would be all over the fury.

— Grumpy old man

ok...then what about the 980ti? this card is comparable to the 980ti while still being cheaper than it. If i get the air cooled Fury....i can save almost $150. If i get the fury x i save another $20-30 bucks

My point is you can only get and define the best card for you,  because your conditions and criteria do not define what is the best for someone else.    If saving money is important then get the card that saves you what you need to save in order to be happy.  It does not matter if that card works out to be the fury, the 980ti or the titanX, what matters is your requirements are met.

Out of the box? Not so much. Add in a dozen mods and texture packs? It can become fairly heavy. If AMD can capitalize it on having better performance out of the box then it would appeal to people who later mod the game. Why even include Skyrim in their performance chart and not list it to the benchmark chart? Either employee error or fabrication.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to declare error/fabrication, though confirming source is never a bad idea.

They can't use skyrim as a benchmark without listing their mods to establish a baseline for others to confirm results. Since mods get updated and some taken down it allows too much room for error.  That's before even considering the openings it creates for less than credible fanboy's to manipulate factors, like screwing up their load order or comparing vanilla to modded results.

Only Logan could get away with modded skyrim benches because...he's Logan.  The guy's a tech reviewer that actually plays modded skyrim and talks about it. Where as others just use it to make some overplayed vram joke.

anyways, I assure you I at least noticed the skyrim results ;)

Didn't seem to bother anyone when nvidia had the 3.5+.5 cram issue. The card still sold like hot cakes. I never understood fanboyism. Nvidia does it, meh it's ok. AMD does something good and still gets hammered.

I own 4 computers, amd, Intel, nvidia.... I have no skin in the game. But if I were in the market for a high end card right now, I would be all over the fury.

it didn't? so when the internet went on fire because nVidia lied was that a dream!? it sold like hot cakes because the people didn't knew or if they did, it didn't mattered to them

Umm...several brands ship the Titan X with their custom cooler and your warranty is in fact NOT invalidated when you swap it. EVGA infact doesn't give a shit what cooler you use, so long as you send it back under RMA with the original cooler attached. 

The only Titan X with an aftermarket cooler that I can find is the EVGA Titan X Hydro Copper edition, which is like $1300. That makes it even LESS worthwhile compared to these benchmarks w/ the Fury X.

And while a few manufacturers (EVGA, mainly) allow aftermarket coolers without voiding the warranty, most do not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The only Titan X with an aftermarket cooler that I can find is the EVGA Titan X Hydro Copper edition, which is like $1300. That makes it even LESS worthwhile compared to these benchmarks w/ the Fury X.

And while a few manufacturers (EVGA, mainly) allow aftermarket coolers without voiding the warranty, most do not.

That is literally the price of 2x Fury X cards. Why are NVidia users so eager to throw away money on nothing?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

the hell? that's a full water block!

EVGA also sells the hybrid: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=12G-P4-1999-KR - 1100$

It will bother all those owners in a year or two.  If history repeats itself, the number 1 reason a video card goes out-of-date in the last 5 years is because the VRAM is too low.  My 5970 became inadequate due to its 1 GB of VRAM (a dual GPU card), and my current 2x GTX 680 SLI setup has more than enough rendering GPU horsepower, but at 2 GB per card, I'm forced to run at medium quality textures or less in the latest games.

I vow to never again buy a video card with inadequate VRAM.  On this day, 4 GB is definitely adequate for *today's* games.  The Fury X will probably have the horsepower to still be a great card in 3 years, but I guarantee you that the 4 GB will be severely inadequate in 2018.

That happens both ways, there was a shit storm when nvidia where claiming twice the performance per watt,  we had 40 page threads on TDP and why nvidia CEO math was BS, in fact I think the first use of the term "CEO math" was in reference to an nvidia press release.  So yes, it all goes in both directions, there is no over arching one sided green/red bias.  It just looks that way to some people because they don't like hearing certain opinions about their preferred brand.

and then dont forget, there are still going to be custom Fury coolers from asus, msi, gigabyte, etc. Makes the 980ti and Titan X even less worthwhile (bordering on worthless at this rate unless Nvidia drops their prices at least $150 bucks for the 980ti, $350 for the Titan X)

— Grumpy old man

That happens both ways, there was a shit storm when nvidia where claiming twice the performance per watt,  we had 40 page threads on TDP and why nvidia CEO math was BS, in fact I think the first use of the term "CEO math" was in reference to an nvidia press release.  So yes, it all goes in both directions, there is no over arching one sided green/red bias.  It just looks that way to some people because they don't like hearing certain opinions about their preferred brand.

I agree....fanboyism is just retarded, on both sides.

— Grumpy old man

and then dont forget, there are still going to be custom Fury coolers from asus, msi, gigabyte, etc. Makes the 980ti and Titan X even less worthwhile (bordering on worthless at this rate unless Nvidia drops their prices at least $150 bucks for the 980ti, $350 for the Titan X)

Why 150 dollars?  The card is priced fine where it is.  It's trading blows with the Fury X in Firestrike.

CEOmath was literally coined by NVidia's own CEO, when he said Pascal would have 10x performance. So NVidia invented that term themselves.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

CEOmath was literally coined by NVidia's own CEO, when he said Pascal would have 10x performance. So NVidia invented that term themselves.

Because Nvidias CEO is the first CEO in the history of CEOs to have come up with out of ass numbers to hype products? 

Some of you people take this Nvidia v AMD thing way, way too seriously. As if your livelihoods depended on it. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016