AMD's own testing? Fury X vs GTX 980Ti

zMeul

we'll wait till we can have LTT, PCper or other trusted reviewers results before we comment on performance if you don't mind...

we'll wait till we can have LTT, PCper or other trusted reviewers results before we comment on performance if you don't mind...

can you stop being so butthurt? 

how many review sites or reviewers use skyrim? Its not a demanding game at all. 

Out of the box? Not so much. Add in a dozen mods and texture packs? It can become fairly heavy. If AMD can capitalize it on having better performance out of the box then it would appeal to people who later mod the game. Why even include Skyrim in their performance chart and not list it to the benchmark chart? Either employee error or fabrication.

The fact that they don't include GTA 5 knowing that it would lose to the 980ti there kinda verifies that this is in fact, accurate. 

And how do you know this? Do you have an R9 FuryX? No? I didn't think so.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I want everyone to pay attention to the graphic settings they are using.  AMD is also disabling that hits its cards hard (hairworks), which is a good move from them to make the card look better.  This is now a decision if you want tesselation to work really well, and I don't count Physx because that won't matter with DX12.

Either way, this gives NVidia a run for their money, and I'd love to see how NVidia responds because I really only buy their cards.  The titan is pretty much fucking dead though, unless you absolutely need 12 gigs of VRAM.

if this is true, the Fury X is not a Titan X killer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The Titan X is only a bit faster in most games than a 980 Ti, and [according to this benchmark] the Fury X is right around there. If they can approximately match a $999 Titan X for $649, what is that if not a "Titan-killer?"

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nvidia killed the Titan X themselves with the 980 Ti. It's not really the card AMD needs to beat anymore.

I want everyone to pay attention to the graphic settings they are using.  AMD is also disabling that hits its cards hard (hairworks), which is a good move from them to make the card look better.  This is now a decision if you want tesselation to work really well, and I don't count Physx because that won't matter with DX12.

Either way, this gives NVidia a run for their money, and I'd love to see how NVidia responds because I really only buy their cards.  The titan is pretty much fucking dead though, unless you absolutely need 12 gigs of VRAM.

Or if you just want bragging rights, as its stilll a titan x.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Or if you just want bragging rights, as its stilll a titan x.

I suppose, since people hard tube their systems for nothing but looks, yea, bling factor is a valid thing.

Im just sitting here hoping the 390/390x prices wont be so inflated here .....

Tho i would like to see the Furx X giving Nvidia a run for its money at 1440p and above ....

EDIT : if the thing is performing like this with 500Mhz at the HBM memory ... wat about OC :o

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The Titan X is only a bit faster in most games than a 980 Ti, and [according to this benchmark] the Fury X is right around there. If they can approximately match a $999 Titan X for $649, what is that if not a "Titan-killer?"

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nvidia killed the Titan X themselves with the 980 Ti. It's not really the card AMD needs to beat anymore.

let's put that price aside for a moment and let's compare hardware

Fury X is water cooled, yes? to make a "fair" comparison to Titan X, even with 980Ti, one should not use the reference air cooling; why? it was already established that Titan X with reference blower type is throttling

my point on this, nVidia's decision to stick with a blower type cooling on Titan X was a mistake

what this all means is that Titan X with proper cooling can reach higher boost clocks, am I wrong?!

Fury X is water cooled, yes? to make a "fair" comparison to Titan X, even with 980Ti one should not use the reference air cooling; why? it was already established that Titan X with reference blower type is throttling

my point on this, nVidia's decision to stick with a blower type cooling on Titan X was a mistake

what this all means is that Titan X with proper cooling can reach higher boost clocks, am I wrong?!

But with proper water cooling it would be more than twice the price of a Fury X, with not enough more power to justify that price.

So the only way for Nvidia to respond at this point is lowering prices of the Titan X (yeah right) and the 980 Ti (plausible)?

Nvidia will just push gameworks harder.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

But with proper water cooling it would be more than twice the price of a Fury X, with not enough more power to justify that price.

as I said, let's compare hardware to hardware - can we do that please!?

people that bought the Titan X hadn't looked at the price and bought it for what it can do

It beats the 980ti in gaming across the board at the same price, and the TitanX has the same performance to that margin of error (or closer) as the 980ti. It is also exactly the same as every single launch ever since the HD 5xxx whooped the GTX 4xx series. Every release, either by the red team or the green team, is always marginally ahead of the other.

Why would it need to be a TitanX killer when nVidia killed that one off themselves by pricing the 980ti so low?

Anybody buying a TitanX for gaming right now is an idiot. CUDA development with massive data sets, while being too cheap to buy a proper workstation card, is the only reason to get a TitanX right now, and CUDA is something that AMD can't compete on because the technology is basically hard-coded to only run on nVidia GPUs.

the 980 TI overclocked is actually better then the Titan X and not just a little bit according to Luke's benchmarks on Vessel. In some games(Tomb Raider) as much as 22% better in 4k than the Titan X.

http://i.imgur.com/U62KX1f.png

What I find interesting is Fury X is easily beating the 980 Ti in Skyrim but its wedged in the performance table and not even in the benchmark chart. Skyrim is still a huge game that a lot of people play so I wonder why they didn't bother adding it to the chart if it's a clear win.

It's crazy actually when you think about it. There's 40 000 playing Skyrim right now,4 years after the original release. Meanwhile GTA5 released a few months back and barely has 10k players over it.

people that bought the Titan X hadn't looked at the price and bought it for what it can do

I'd rather compare a watercooled 980ti to a Fury X, as it is closer to the price point.

Either way, I want to wait for non-biased reviews (while these are reviews, AMD releasing them makes them biased), who will run tests at all sorts of different settings (some with or without hairworks).

He's an extremely aggressive and bitter fanboy. Logic is lost to him. And yes, the 980 Ti did kill the Titan X.

Fury X is water cooled, yes? to make a "fair" comparison to Titan X, even with 980Ti, one should not use the reference air cooling; why? it was already established that Titan X with reference blower type is throttling

Now you're just grasping at straws.

And nVidia burned them when they released the 980ti TitanX clone for two thirds of the price. Good Guy nVidia.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

No.

You defended the Titan Z against the 295X2, didn't you?

Nvidia will just push gameworks harder.

I would hope they wouldn't resort to dirty tactics, but not out of the realm of possibility.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

this may not be true or not, but i am glad AMD are pushing forward, that means nvidia will create a new card that will beet AMD and improve tech for every one making 4k gaming easy to do

AMD are a good company, lots of people forget without AMD nvidia become expensive and/or lazy as there the only one doing it

i dont understand such flaming between people supporting AMD and Nividia. Why dont people just take them on a card to card basis? each company has better cards in different areas when pricing and performance are taken into consideration. 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

It's my understanding that Nvidia only allows the Titan X to be sold with a reference cooler, and you can't compare the Fury X to an imaginary Titan. Thermal throttling is a factor that can certainly make a product less competitive, and that's Nvidia's fault if it does. That potentially makes it a worse product, just like it did with the reference R9 290/290X. Sure, you could cool the Titan X with a third-party liquid cooler, but by then you may have doubled the cost of the Fury X.

Point is, the Titan X is out to pasture and in the real world the Fury X is going up against the 980 Ti. We'll see how it does when someone other than AMD are providing the benchmark data.

It's my understanding that Nvidia only allows the Titan X to be sold with a reference cooler. You can't compare the Fury X to an imaginary Titan. Thermal throttling is a factor that can certainly make a product less competitive, and that's Nvidia's fault if it does. Sure, you could cool the Titan X with a third-party liquid cooler, but by then you may have doubled the cost of the Fury X.

Point is, the Titan X is out to pasture and in the real world the Fury X is going up against the 980 Ti. We'll see how it does when someone other than AMD are providing the benchmark data.

And if you change the cooler on the TitanX to make it not thermal throttle, you invalidate the warranty.

And if you change the cooler on the TitanX to make it not thermal throttle, you invalidate the warranty.

Umm...several brands ship the Titan X with their custom cooler and your warranty is in fact NOT invalidated when you swap it. EVGA infact doesn't give a shit what cooler you use, so long as you send it back under RMA with the original cooler attached. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

Umm...several brands ship the Titan X with their custom cooler and your warranty is in fact NOT invalidated when you swap it. EVGA infact doesn't give a shit what cooler you use, so long as you send it back under RMA with the original cooler attached. 

Are those warranties USA/Canada/Mexico only? IIRC EVGA's "lifetime" warranty is only valid in North America.