Your CSGO ranks?

kipper

Legendary Eagle  :P

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

My Rank story so far:

S4

SE

SEM

GN1

GN2

GN1

*Stopped playing, lost rank*

GN2

GN3

GN4

GN3

GN2 (Lost 16-2 today due to team being absolute twats and going for knife kills)

I usually play with my friends who are LE / LEM so I often bottom frag and they always blame me xD

Nova master

Yo

Intel i5 4760k - Gigabyte GTX 970 - Samsung EVO SSD

Moto 360 2 Smartwatch - Macbook Air 13 Inch - Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Senheiser Momentum Heaphones

I dunno what's up with me, i have been DMG for so long now, i can be on a massive losing streak and not derank, and i can be on a huge win streak, and then i am suddenly playing LE/LEM who seem to be way above my skill level.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Distinguished Master Guardian

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

GN3, need to learn new maps :D

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

• 1 month later...

Supreme Master First Class

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

The fucking update really pissed me off, deranked me from DMG to GNM

I really have left CSGO for Battlefield 4. The creators don't shit on you as often in BF4

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Went all the way from Mg2 to Nova 1... took me fucking forever to rank up just to lose it all in 3 days of playing 

DMG, was LE before patch.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

I really have left CSGO for Battlefield 4. The creators don't shit on you as often in BF4

You're playing the same people as before. Stop looking at your rank as something so bloody important because it's not, it's just a marker to keep you playing against someone at the same level as yourself. I dropped to Supreme because of one loss after 10 wins and 5 draws, it doesn't bother me at all, it's just a fucking badge. All they did was chance the placement of the ranks within their Elo brackets, nothing has changed other than the small logo under your name in the main menu. 

And as for the guys behind BF4 not shitting on you as much. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no. Yeah, lets spend more than double the price for one game just so we can have all the DLC which is going to split the community overtime and then release another game a year later that has just a bad marketing scheme. Yeah, that's not shitting on your customers at all. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You're playing the same people as before. Stop looking at your rank as something so bloody important because it's not, it's just a marker to keep you playing against someone at the same level as yourself. I dropped to Supreme because of one loss after 10 wins and 5 draws, it doesn't bother me at all, it's just a fucking badge. All they did was chance the placement of the ranks within their Elo brackets, nothing has changed other than the small logo under your name in the main menu. 

And as for the guys behind BF4 not shitting on you as much. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no. Yeah, lets spend more than double the price for one game just so we can have all the DLC which is going to split the community overtime and then release another game a year later that has just a bad marketing scheme. Yeah, that's not shitting on your customers at all. 

I went down from DMG to GNM.. i feel i'm playing vs LEM+ players all the time.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

lol cause rank means everything right

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

There's no skill change. You just lose your picture.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I went down from DMG to GNM.. i feel i'm playing vs LEM+ players all the time.

lol cause rank means everything right

There's no skill change. You just lose your picture.

Wow, someone hates Battlefield. I am a CSGO Fanboy at heart, rank does matter for me and it does for many people. I am not playing the same people as before, some people derank from MGE to lets say Silver elite master, and some Nova 2 person Deranks to Silver Elite Master. Now that's not fair is it? MGE vs Nova 2.... Deranking can depend on how often you play the game. Let's say I was DMG and I didn't play for 2 weeks after the Elo update. Then i would be versing previous SMFC's or global elites, and for those few games where I derank I am BOUND to get upset because everyone would decimate me.

I am fine with the decision valve has made towards "re slotting" everyone into different ranks, but they are doing it too suddenly. Everything will fix itself on time, but I do not understand as to why they had to rush it. 

A rank isn't just a badge, it represents the skill bracket of the people you are versing and the people you are teamed with. Sure, to some people they just want to play the game and don't care about who they are versing, but for some they would rather have a fair fight between two teams of equally skilled players, and see who would come out on top.

No, it's not perfect, of course, but with the update it is SO easy to derank you can easily get to the bottom depths of silver ranks on your alt account and just decimate silvers. Now that is ruining the game for those low skilled players.

I just don't understand WHY they rushed the update.

Spoiler

Wow, someone hates Battlefield. I am a CSGO Fanboy at heart, rank does matter for me and it does for many people. I am not playing the same people as before, some people derank from MGE to lets say Silver elite master, and some Nova 2 person Deranks to Silver Elite Master. Now that's not fair is it? MGE vs Nova 2.... Deranking can depend on how often you play the game. Let's say I was DMG and I didn't play for 2 weeks after the Elo update. Then i would be versing previous SMFC's or global elites, and for those few games where I derank I am BOUND to get upset because everyone would decimate me.

I am fine with the decision valve has made towards "re slotting" everyone into different ranks, but they are doing it too suddenly. Everything will fix itself on time, but I do not understand as to why they had to rush it. 

A rank isn't just a badge, it represents the skill bracket of the people you are versing and the people you are teamed with. Sure, to some people they just want to play the game and don't care about who they are versing, but for some they would rather have a fair fight between two teams of equally skilled players, and see who would come out on top.

No, it's not perfect, of course, but with the update it is SO easy to derank you can easily get to the bottom depths of silver ranks on your alt account and just decimate silvers. Now that is ruining the game for those low skilled players.

A. Fix your formatting

B. You obviously don't understand how ranks work in this game if you think your picture effects who you get placed with. If rank matters for you then you should just keep playing something else...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

A. Fix your formatting

B. You obviously don't understand how ranks work in this game if you think your picture effects who you get placed with. If rank matters for you then you should just keep playing something else...

So rank doesn't change anything... Elo doesn't affect anything... -sigh- Rank = Elo. Same thing mate... Rank is a representative of the Elo system so people can gauge approximately what skill bracket they are in. It does matter, maybe you don't care about it but without your rank you could be versing very skilled players and the next game you are suddenly versing complete noobs.

edit: fixed formatting, using dark theme so it fixed mine without noticing :/

Spoiler

So rank doesn't change anything... Elo doesn't affect anything... -sigh- Rank = Elo. Same thing mate... Rank is a representative of the Elo system so people can gauge approximately what skill bracket they are in. It does matter, maybe you don't care about it but without your rank you could be versing very skilled players and the next game you are suddenly versing complete noobs.

edit: fixed formatting, using dark theme so it fixed mine without noticing :/

No, they don't.

Valve's stated they didn't mess with the Elo amounts, just the pools for each rank.

I.e. I went from DMG to  MG1. Facing people who seem equal to DMG.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

No, they don't.

Valve's stated they didn't mess with the Elo amounts, just the pools for each rank.

I.e. I went from DMG to  MG1. Facing people who seem equal to DMG.

But if they didn't touch the Elo how is it easier to derank?

Spoiler

But if they didn't touch the Elo how is it easier to derank?

They changed the Elo Pools for the actual ranks... Not the players amounts...

Have you read literally anything about the change?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3xe7py/has_anybody_noticed_the_change_in_the_rank_system/cy3x3pj

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Everyone has deranked. They have changed only the elo pool for each rank, meaning where each rank sits in the elo point system to help balance out the ranks. Now only 3% of players are Supreme and Global and the majority are Nova 4. It's not hard to understand what is happening when you actually read the update notes. I lost Global after one loss. One. After, as I said ten wins and five draws. Doesn't really matter as I still up against the same level, maybe even better people now. 

And no, I don't hate Battlefield, but you cant say with a straight face that the guys behind BF4 didn't shit on and still don't shit on their customers.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"