Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi Linus and y'all, I'm new here!!! I cant wait to become an active part of the community.

After all these years. Finally decided to actually create an account and stop lurking :P 

Greetings all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for quite a long time and finally decided to join. Huge fan of LTT and hope I can contribute on the forum.

Hello everyone at LTT, you can call me woody, woods, basically any variation of wood or woody.

I am a college student here in Colorado. I am currently studying to get my AAS in Computer Information Systems. After that, well lets just hope that i can get my foot in the door then worry about my bachelors at a later time.

I have been fascinated by computers since i helped my dad build his old computer from the mid 90's. He has since had two computers since then, and i have built approximately 10 since computers since then. Including the four i have in my house. One day i have plans on building a media server for all the movies, shows, and music we (me, and my roommate) have gathered to be able to watch them where ever, but that is for another post.

My knowledge of computers is not super extensive. There are multiple things I don't know about. Such as the history of all the companies; I really enjoyed the "History of AMD CPU's as Fast as Possible" that LTT released.

Though i have some background in building of PC's as a hobby, i don't have any experience working on them in the field. I plan on interning for a company this summer. It will be a little more difficult for me because, when i took networking PRO+ i wasn't really able to pick anything up from the class (it was the teacher i swear; you cant be a networking teacher when your degree is in fitness and don't answer questions on weekends). But i did take a programming class, and enjoyed it very much, so i will be focusing on that hopefully.

Anyways, thanks for having me here and thank you to the whole LTT community as you have given me another website to visit more frequently other than Reddit, and let me get my geek on.

That is all!

hello i am new to this forum and i come from the youtube channel i have a really crappy pc and i dont have any money so im looking for help to just make it a bit better where should i ask stuff like this can anybody help ? thank you

Hy i'm new, i'm Remko but try saying that correctly so i go by the alias djneo, i'm dutch

i studied computer science and am now a php web dev (Typo3/ Neos/ Drupal)

I have never posted here or made an "Hey I'm new"-thread

so.. Uhhh.

Hey?

I like games, designing and programming I think

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I struggle to get 2 likes on a post, well time to get first comment on one off linus's posts. 100 likes on a single post here i come.

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

We'll bang ok, hi everyone.

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I was wondering what exactly is Linus's Multibit screwdriver

I am looking forward of this forum. Best of luck working out 

I'm just some teenage boy who is interested in technology. I'm not good with introductions. If you are wondering something about me, please ask :^).

HI. I'm a new member to this forum but I've been a long time subscriber to LTT. I thought I should finally check the forum because I'm going to be build ing my own computer late next month and I thought that if something went wrong ; and I can't figure out what, this would be the best place to go to.

I came here after looking for a way to get the song I made in response to the Linus Only Breathing a bit more exposure but this place actually seems like a half decent forum filled with mentally competent individuals. I think I'll stay :D 

My life pretty much consists of animation, CS, lifting, making stupid youtube videos with my friends and recently, making music :D 

Sooo, after making an account, it's also my time to say....

HELLO :D

And a bit of myself: student, from Austria, like doing sports and I want to learn more about technology :)

Hello nice to meet you all. I'm just some guy from Ireland (hence the profile picture) with an interest in computers.

Howdy! 

I'm just an ordinary soon to be 20 year old from eastern New Mexico that is interested in technology but also am interested in other topics such as military related topics ( considering i am enlisting in the military later this year). also am interested in automotive stuff, video games, firearms and cowboy stuff. in that case i am an odd person but nice to meet y'all! :)  

Hello  :)

“The people who think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do”

MY RIG

| Intel Core i5 6500 | G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 16GB 2133MHz | Gigabyte B150M-D3H | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB | Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 |

Hey y'all! :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Hello everyone at LTT, you can call me woody, woods, basically any variation of wood or woody.

I am a college student here in Colorado. I am currently studying to get my AAS in Computer Information Systems. After that, well lets just hope that i can get my foot in the door then worry about my bachelors at a later time.

I have been fascinated by computers since i helped my dad build his old computer from the mid 90's. He has since had two computers since then, and i have built approximately 10 since computers since then. Including the four i have in my house. One day i have plans on building a media server for all the movies, shows, and music we (me, and my roommate) have gathered to be able to watch them where ever, but that is for another post.

My knowledge of computers is not super extensive. There are multiple things I don't know about. Such as the history of all the companies; I really enjoyed the "History of AMD CPU's as Fast as Possible" that LTT released.

Though i have some background in building of PC's as a hobby, i don't have any experience working on them in the field. I plan on interning for a company this summer. It will be a little more difficult for me because, when i took networking PRO+ i wasn't really able to pick anything up from the class (it was the teacher i swear; you cant be a networking teacher when your degree is in fitness and don't answer questions on weekends). But i did take a programming class, and enjoyed it very much, so i will be focusing on that hopefully.

Anyways, thanks for having me here and thank you to the whole LTT community as you have given me another website to visit more frequently other than Reddit, and let me get my geek on.

That is all!

Hello Mr. Morning wood, might I possibly make an enquiry as to the size of your hard wood log?

Linus is my fetish.

Hello there, been following Linus for awhile so decided to join in on the fun. 

Upgrading my pc, anything with tech, video games, hockey, cars are my main interests. Aka just another scrub enthusiast from Canada, nice to meet you all  :)

PC Specs: CPU - 5930k @ 4.4Ghz | MB - Asus x99 Deluxe | RAM - 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws @ 2666Mhz | GPU - 2 x 980 ti | Boot SSD - Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB | Other SSD - Sandisc Ultra II 960GB, Intel 750 PCIE 400GB | Storage HDD - 2 x Seagate 4TB | PSU - Corsair AX1200 | Case - INWIN Grone | Optical Drives - LG BD/DVD combo Burner and LG DVD burner | Custom Water - Heatkiller IV CPU block, 2 x EK 980 ti GPU Blocks, 30mm 360 rad, 30mm 240 rad, 60mm 120 rad | Monitors - Samsung UD590D, Wasabi Mango UHD430 | OS - Win 10 Pro

Hello everyone!

I am an Apple Store employee who has an obsession with gaming PCs! I enjoy gaming, following technology and building gaming computers. I also enjoy helping my friends at the Apple Store build their first computer, rather than buying an iMac for gaming like they all want to do  :P

I am from a small town in Iowa so not a lot goes on here, so naturally I spend a lot of time online and on YouTube, which is how I stumbled upon Linus’ videos several years ago and ignited my passion. I look forward to talking to all of you in this awesome community!