Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello everyone :)

My name Sven an I work for Aqua Computer and will mainly lurk around in the liquid cooling section of this forum to provide some help with our products.

Got a question or having trouble with your Aqua Computer product?
Contact me via PM.

Hey linus. I've been watching you guys for a few months now on youtube and occasionally twitch and I love all the builds I've seen! I'm new to the forums and one thing I've never seen you guys do is build a computer gaming desk where you make the desk the case and basically make it look as awesome as possible while also making the prefomance as OP as you possibly can! I've been considering building a desk of such construction but seeing as I'm going in for back surgery next month it won't be for quite some time! I'd love to see what you and Luke could come up with for potential LTT gaming desk rigs!!!

Hi! Just saw the video on 7 PCs connected with a single CPU. Nice! This is Nancy. I'm a tech geek ;) Have been working in the online security industry for the past 5 years.

i am quite excited to write my first post here. i hope to enjoy more in this site as it is my first forum membership 

Awesome! thanks so much for the welcome linus. Cannot wait to get to know the people around here.

2 minutes ago, Darkshruod said:

2 hours ago, ElJingle said:

8 hours ago, jnptrign said:

On 4/11/2016 at 4:21 AM, Jstew726 said:

On 4/11/2016 at 6:00 AM, NancyS said:

13 hours ago, EnragedKnight117 said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks JoeyDM. Honestly right now I am looking for anyway to help out. Being that I am new I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?

Hi all, I started watching Linus' videos at the start of 2015 when I was gearing up to build my first system. Now I am working as a technology teacher at an elementary school and am looking for a similar job for the next school year. Studying IT fundamentals in my spare time to differentiate myself from other candidates. I'm looking forward to being more active in the community now!

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

I wanted a place to talk about tech.  I could just never find it.  I searched and searched, but alas, no answer.  I was digging through YouTube, maybe one of the tech greats had something where I could talk.  There was Austin Evans, LTT, among others... but again nothing.

Then I realized I couldn't hear the video because of my damn dogs... so I got them to shut up and alas, I heard, "check out the LTT forums!"  And my quest was finally over.

But no, seriously, please excuse my horrible attempt at trying to be funny.  Anyways, I finally decided to check this place out.  While I'm not new to building computers, LTT and Austin Evans really got me to actually try PC gaming.  I hope to have fun here.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Hi everyone, new forum user and long-time LTT viewer from Canada here.

I'm a graduating Mechanical Engineering student, science lover, and time depending, I hope to post up at least a few experiments and background science on computing/tech related topics. Hopefully I can even lend some of what I've learned to the LTT crew. I love the channel, and I'm looking for a few ways to contribute where I can. I've been a power user of some form pretty much since my first days using a PC, but am only now starting to look at the hardware side of things. Not really sure how i've managed to largely ignore hardware up until now, but somehow I managed. I'm planning on building my first and second systems (Workstation/Gaming PC and a homebrew NAS) in the next few months to replace an aging IBuypower beast of a laptop, and am hoping to get some help from the community in planning it out.

Thanks and turnips to anyone who took the time to read this.

Greetings humans. 

Been watching LTT for a few months now, decided to sign up. Saw an introduction thread, so I thought I'd say hi. 

So hi.

Glad I could be a part of this forum.
Hope to make friends with everyone.
Btw, any Vietnamese around here :?

Hi:

I do technologies and stuff, but mostly I am a gamer.

I currently play video games on PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PS3, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and PC.
Before PlayStation was released, I played Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Gameboy.
I did not care for Atari, N64, Sega Genesis (although the Sega Saturn was ok), Neo-Geo, 3DO, or Dreamcast. I have never owned, nor will I ever own an Xbox (nothing against Microsoft, I am just a PlayStation fan, it was my first true love).
I recently put a computer together. It was my first build. It was not cheap. I researched hardware components and component relationships until my eyes bled, then I researched some more. I study law at a law school because I want to be an attorney.

I am not Vietnamese. I can hardly speak English. Will there be punch and pie?

Hello everybody. My name is Piyush and I am from India.

I have been watching NCIX TT and LTT for a while now. And I joined the forum some time back but met with an accident so didn't get the chance to fire things up.

I am well now and am looking forward to engage with the wonderful community here. This is btw, the first forum I am actively engaging on. I am an IT Engineer but run a business that has nothing to do with IT.

I am also soon going to build a mid-high range rig for myself, my first one ever. Initially wanted to bu a MSI Laptop since power cut is a major problem around here but figured out a way to make a high wattage PC run for sufficient amount of time.

Will show the build when it is finally made. Meanwhile, thank you for reading this awfully long introduction.

Hi! I don't know how often people see this intro thread but here goes.

I'm Condor, and I haven't been watching LTT for very long, but ever since a friend linked me 7 Gamers 1 CPU back in February I've been pretty much watching LMG videos non-stop. It's completely renewed my interest in tech stuffs and I wanna get involved on the forum here because it seems like a cool place to be.

I'm the Event Coordinator for PONG, a LAN party organization that hosts free, public, 300-person LAN parties about 4 times a year at UW-Stout, which I also go to college for in IT. I just got back into PC building recently because of LTT and am planning to build a new rig this summer. I also like other stuff that's not tech that'll probably come up in my other posts because I don't want this post to be super long :P

Hey, I'm new here. I don't have a big interest in technology, but I use a few gadgets and I figured it would be nice to create an account in this forum in order to look for solutions when problems arise and learn new things about how to keep my stuff in good condition. My current gadgets are a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and a New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Hey folks! New gal here (: Came from Overclock.net but I wanted to see what this place was all about! (:

Hi Guys, I'm not here to sell anything from D Brand and I'm not forcing any bears to dig tunnels.

So I've been watching Linus, Luke and the team for a while and thought it was time to properly join the community.

Has anyone notices the inconsistencies with the beeping out of swearwords in the videos?

Some times Linus will say $h!t and other times he'll be beeped. What up with that?

Dave

Hello everyone,

My name is Kareem and I enjoy watching the videos for LTT on YouTube. The primary reason I started watching these videos is because I was curious about different computer parts and how to build a computer from the ground up.

I haven't been part of a forum for a long time and to be a part of a community of individuals that have similar interests as me.

Hi all, New guy to the forum. Hope to get / give some great help to each other in the near future.

my laptop spec : http://valid.x86.fr/d521cj

my desktop is still in bits right now while I do some cable management so I'll leave that out for now.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi there, I'm new here! I joined because I love learning about new tech and also would love to bounce ideas off of other folks for new custom builds I am planning in the future. thanks and looking forward to learning lots and making new friends on here! 

cheers! 

Hello, not new to Linus and his video's, watched his channel for years but i am new to the forum, so here i am Hex4 :)

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64