Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Remembered Linus from his old NCIX vids (and recently found out he's still doing) and was sucked in when Scrapyard Wars showed up on my Youtube suggestions. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

hello guys, i'm chinese.I want to assemble a 1000 dollar computer, but I do not know what good, I hope you give me some advice. I hope that the graphics card is GTX980, if you have any good suggestions, you can send to my mailbox! 1334458171@qq.com thank you!

hey there.

just joined today. never been a lurker but finally renewed my vpn subscription today and started watching youtube again and linus popped up, i've been on OCN for quite a while now and am well versed in PC knowledge and i'm happy to join the community here and start contributing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hello hahaha I am Burt I am somewhat new to the heavy tech world so please teach me :D I am willing to learn.

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this side of technology. I don't really need or want another computer but building one looks pretty interesting and fun. :)

Hi all I came here after watching a number of Linus's tech tip videos and thought it would be a good idea to join as I'm interested in this kind of stuff and having a place to go to to find tech related support from average joes is always nice.  I game quite a bit and have been doing so primarily on Nintendo consoles with PC on the side but plan to use PC more once I'm done with school and buy an actual rig of my own.  Some favorite franchises of mine are Fire Emblem, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-zero, Smash Bros, Street Fighter, and Castlevania.  I'm really liking what I'm seeing in this community so far and hopefully I can contribute actively despite my limited knowledge of tech related things.  But hey thats why we're here right? To learn.

What's up guy's and gals? I'm Chris, 30, from Indiana. I've been lurking around the forum and Youtube channel for a while now, but officially bought the start of my first PC build this weekend, so I figured it was as good a time as any to introduce myself. I'm interested in anything techy and or gaming, am starting to learn the basics of game design, and generally anything game related.

Hey all. I'm getting back into pc building after a long, long break (10+ years). Excited about a new mini itx build that I'm planning from the fall, and getting lots of great info from folks in the forum and from the LTT crew in general.  Happy to be back in forum-land.

Anyone remember those old AMD chips? The ones that you had to short two connectors on the front of the ceramic CPU to overclock; I they they were the thunderbird and associated athlon and duron chips.  

Does LTT have a decent nostalgia overclocking page?

Hello folks.

I joined yesterday, but i havent introduced myself yet.

I live in Athens, Greece, and got here from the linus tech tips channel

The real name is Jim, and i am 22 years old, currently studying programming at university

and i work part time jobs as an IT guy (building computers, installing os  and apps, and sometimes

i have also been asked to code for some people).I am also a gamer , and i want to update my 4 year

old rig when skylake will be a thing.

And also , sorry for my bad english. :P

The site has changed....

• 2 weeks later...

Wsup yall,

Not new to LTT on Youtube, but never took the time to get on the forum, lets see how much fun i can get here :)

Sup guys! Fiskander here. I've been watching ALOT of linustechtips/ncix tips/anything with linus really. for the past few weeks. going to build my first build in around 1-2 weeks when I get the last parts needed 

Hi everyone im Krozoa new here and a tech novice but im learning alot. i wannna thank you linus i've been wanting to build a computer for awhile now and thanks to you i've learned so much i love your channel!

Hello everyone im pretty new to the whole tech world in general. What funny is that i want to become an engineer but never really got into computers till two years ago. I guess I will say that my dream for the future is to make a Gundam if you dont know what that is then that means your not cool  B)  jk but if you do know what that is your awesome like a  :ph34r:

Is there a way to suggest tutorials? 

Cause i would love to know how to safely paint my case fans.

Also Hi

Thanks, 

Adam B

Hi.I just registered after seeing a couple of your youtube videos that give me awesome info

Hello, everyone. I'm very confident in PC building since I am still new, also a troubleshooter as well. Hope we'll get to know each other. The reason I registered on here is because of the videos you guys provided on YouTube that I watched day by day to learn information I could understand. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to making this the best tech forum around!

Makes 13 posts _face palm_

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Great Vids! Do you ever plan on doing a vid for the rat pro when it comes out? Would you consider buying one for a guy just getting in to PC gaming?

Great Vids! Do you ever plan on doing a vid for the rat pro when it comes out? Would you consider buying one for a guy just getting in to PC gaming?

It's pretty expensive. I would look at getting a new monitor, or a g502 unless there are some features that make it totally worth it.

I like good humans and good food