Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi Everyone!

I've been a fan of Linus Tech Tips for years now and I just now got around to making an account here.

Hi Guys,

I'm new and was just wondering if someone could point me to a forum where I can ask for help with my PC parts list.  

Thanks a ton,

Daniel

A hero need not speak, when he is gone, the world will speak for him.

Hi Guys,

Me again.  I was just wondering if either Linus was planning on doing a mineral oil PC without the kit.  If not and you are reading this;

and happen to have build your own mineral oil PC without the kit, it would be great if you could tell me how it went and how you did it. 

A hero need not speak, when he is gone, the world will speak for him.

Hello, I've been interested in building a PC and I'm looking to expand my horizons here. I've been watching LinusTT YT channel for a while and I'm looking to join this community. I'm not the social type but I hope that I can learn a lot from this forum and I hope that I can have a good time here as well!  :)  Also, I'm looking to learn a lot about PC building and if there's any good resources, please inform me of them. Thank you. 

signature

Hello everyone!

I am planning to build a really good gaming PC this summer to replace my old rig that is now 7 years old (at least partially, because I had to replace some stuff that died).

So because of that, I started to inform myself about building PCs and what to look for by watching a lot of youtube videos. And of course, I ended up watching a LOT of Linus' videos. Not only because they were very informative and interesting to watch, but also because he's a funny guy and many of their vids are just really entertaining.

So, after subscribing to all his channels over time I thought it would be time to finally join his community.

And also because the shitty stock fan broke and I got a good one for cheap, so I want to try a little overclocking to maybe squeeze a few more FPS out of Arma 3.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my time here, especially because I'm getting really interested in the higher PC building and OCing stuff, and I still have a lot to learn. :D

I am slowly beginning to have an idea what I'm doing

Hey guys,

New to the forum, but I've been a lurker here for a few months. I just built my first computer in February, so I'm still a newbie to the game.

Always enjoy learning though.

Hi, new here but i have been watching linus for a while,
nice to meet you!  :)  :)

Hello everybody, I guess I am a noob in this forum.

This is my first post. I'll try not to mess things up with my poor English (I'm from Spain, folks).

However, I'm really looking forward to learn new things since I've always enjoyed the computer world and I'm planning to understand about this topic as much as I can during my free time, with the final goal of building a PC step by step trying to improve it from time to time instead o buying full stock PC builds again.

Hope I made my objectives clear.

See y'all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys 

I'm new here but I was watching Linus tech tips for a few years now. Recently I've build super compact pc with a case that I personally designed, few days ago LinusTT uploader compact 18 core shoebox pc video so I emailed them that I've build much smaller one but still no reply could any body help? How can I reach Linus?

Hey Everone Im Matt Go By TechPcGamer Im New 2 The Fourm :)

Hi!

I started watching ltt a year and a half ago, and joined ltt forums just over a year ago.

I never made a hello post.

Hi!

I am a big silverstone fanboy and love high end cases (mainly Silverstone and Lian li.)

I utterly despise corsair and would never buy a corsair product, especially corsair cases

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hi guys u can see me in linus vid to singapore simlim hahah xD

Hey everyone, first post here blah blah!

Just joined today but watch a lot of Linus on YouTube, awaiting some new parts from Scan also, should be here tomorrow.

MSI Z97S Krait (White/Black)

Intel Core i7-4790k

Corsair H105 

Cannot wait, soon buying a 780 off a friend cheap also but currently have an i5-3570k @ 4.3GHz on air w/ 16GB 1600MHz and an MSI R9 270x 4GB, going for a black and white build with the new build in an Obsidian 750D! 

:D

Hi there, my first post and all that jazz.

I've watched a fair bit of Linus' stuff on YouTube, and lurked here for a bit. Thought I'd finally get around to making an account.

I'm planning on building a new PC for gaming purposes - I built my old one in late 2011, and it's on the way out.

Also, besides PC gaming, I'm also a rather large fan of Nintendo - Pokemon and TLoZ in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

yo guys!
i've been doing the computer crap my whole life. built my first pc with my dad when i was like 7, an amd k6-2 build for my mother and i. i'm going to finally be going to college i the fall for IT (if i can pass the math classes UGH). i've done it all, graphic design, hardware stuff, overclocking no programming tho WAY over my head. i've always just had a feel for tech issues like a computer whisperer. i hope to post here a bunch with comments reviews suggestions and all that crap. 

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run. We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum. Linus

ok

CPU: AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD80 RAM: 8GB Vengance x4 HDD: Seagate 1B / 8GB SATA3 64MB SSD x2 OD: Blu-ray Writer 16x SATA Black PSU InWin 1200W Modular 80Plus Bronze  Chassis: Strike-X One MATX Tower 

Finally took the plunge and joined. 'Specially after hearing about how great this community is.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, been lurking around for years and finally joinned today! :)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Hello.
I was so busy to lurking around and writing posts,that I forgot to introduce myself.So,I'm Elvis,a long time LinusTechTips subscriber and been a while in here,but started to post here few days ago.I'm here to learn new things and get a fresh information.Soon i will have a new device(thanks to Icuw1pc for info and convincing me about it) what I will show you in couple of weeks.I'm from Latvia,so if I mess up in my English,please don't kill me.

Hello.

I was so busy to lurking around and writing posts,that I forgot to introduce myself.So,I'm Elvis,a long time LinusTechTips subscriber and been a while in here,but started to post here few days ago.I'm here to learn new things and get a fresh information.Soon i will have a new device(thanks to Icuw1pc for info and convincing me about it) what I will show you in couple of weeks.I'm from Latvia,so if I mess up in my English,please don't kill me.

čau

Newly registered member, but not a new Linus fan.

I am an all-around technology nut, who loves to ressurect old PCs, and goes overboard with customization.

Oh yes. And I have a vengeful HATE of the Intel Atom. All hail the i7.

#PCMasterrace

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice