Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello guys from Greece. I just joined because of the htc one m8 competition, it's been a while since i posted anything on any forum tbh. But great forum overall, will spend some time here :)

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy this community besides entering giveaways. :D In my signature are some useful links that are worth looking at imo. :) (especially the CoC which describes the rules of this forum).

Hello all!  A new member from Canada!

Been watching LTT for a little while now, and invariably started lurking on the forums.  Nice place you got here.

Welcome! :D Great that you are enjoying the forums. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature. :) 

Hello all, new member from Sweden (tho I'm actually Finnish).

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account when I actually had a question (it's been answered already, so thanks for that @SAV1OUR ).

In the early stages of building my new PC, haven't built one in about 7 years, so been doing research for a few weeks.

Anyway, see ya around, I will help out when/if I can.

Welcome! :) Great that you got your question answered. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature to get to know the rules of the forum. If you want advice for your new build, you can create a new thread in New Builds and Planning. Make sure you read this and answer this in your thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hello ALL!!  new member here from Colorado.  I came here seeking assistance with overclocking my 4670k.  It appears that ProKoN has a fantastic guide that I shall follow.   I look forward to being a part of this Forum and learn new things as I share things with others.

I was going to make a new topic to to say this but that would have been spammy and shown that I wasn't reading before I posted. 

While I've been watching the videos for years I finally came over here a few days ago. I wish I had done it a year ago.  This place is so great on so many levels.  Good conversations on multiple topics. No troll baiting.  It's like some kind of of nerd and geek internet utopia.

Thank you guys for setting it up. This place is awesome.

Hello ALL!!  new member here from Colorado.  I came here seeking assistance with overclocking my 4670k.  It appears that ProKoN has a fantastic guide that I shall follow.   I look forward to being a part of this Forum and learn new things as I share things with others.

Welcome to the forum! :) Nice looking profile pic you got there. ;)  Below in my signature are some useful links that you may find helpful and make sure you read the CoC which is also located in my signature for the rules. :) 

@ProKoN's guide in overclocking is not a bad guide to follow imo and I'll hope you will be able to reach some nice overclocks on your 4670K. 

I was going to make a new topic to to say this but that would have been spammy and shown that I wasn't reading before I posted. 

While I've been watching the videos for years I finally came over here a few days ago. I wish I had done it a year ago.  This place is so great on so many levels.  Good conversations on multiple topics. No troll baiting.  It's like some kind of of nerd and geek internet utopia.

Thank you guys for setting it up. This place is awesome.

Welcome! :D Great that you are enjoying the LTT forum. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for the rules and also in my signature are some useful links you may find helpful. 

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Ah, oops, I forgot to post here earlier.  Regardless, from my very short stay here thus far you all seem helpful and friendly.. Look forward to picking your brains in the future!

CPU: FX-9370 | GPU: 2x XFX R9 290 Reference design | MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: 2x8GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600PSU: CM V1200 | Case: Corsair 750D | HDD: 1TB WD Blue | Cooling: Corsair H-100i

Hey everyone from Dallas, TX. I just registered for this forum. I have been a long time viewer of Linus Tech Tips (over two years now). I finally decided to join the forum and the great members here!

Ah, oops, I forgot to post here earlier.  Regardless, from my very short stay here thus far you all seem helpful and friendly.. Look forward to picking your brains in the future!

Hey everyone from Dallas, TX. I just registered for this forum. I have been a long time viewer of Linus Tech Tips (over two years now). I finally decided to join the forum and the great members here!

Welcome to the forum guys! :) I hope you will enjoy the forum! Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for the rules of the forum and in my signature also are some useful links that you may find helpful.

Hi from Ausralia. Just signed up not long ago , have watched Linus on the tech tips you tube channel and got the courage to build my 1st computer. At 51 I've only dabbled with computers for 5 yrs and with the info from the forum and Linus I did something I didn't think I could achieve. Thanks Linus for a fantastic forum and You Tube channel.

Ron.

Hello from the west coast of Scotland.  I've been a long time lurker on these forums and finally decided to take the plunge and join in the fun.  I used to build desktop rigs back in the day for laughs but nothing like what is being built today.  There are a few builds I've seen recently that have fired up my imagination again as to what is possible.  I think I may be catching the bug again!  I look forward to learning more new things in the future and hopefully passing on some old-timer knowledge.

Steverob

Laptop - Utopia Computers Stratos 17 (Dodge Challenger Yellow) - Clevo P170SM, i7-4700MQ, GTX780M, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Samsung 7200rpm

I'm a total PC noob who has been hooked into the details by my search for a light gaming oriented laptop for my next year at college.

As of now, I'm marathon-ing the As Fast As Possible videos on youtube. :lol: 

Hi from Ausralia. Just signed up not long ago , have watched Linus on the tech tips you tube channel and got the courage to build my 1st computer. At 51 I've only dabbled with computers for 5 yrs and with the info from the forum and Linus I did something I didn't think I could achieve. Thanks Linus for a fantastic forum and You Tube channel.

Ron.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on building your first build. :) I hope you'll enjoy the forum. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature and also in my signature are some useful links you may find helpful.

Kind of late, but hi all.

Hi! :) Please read the CoC located in my signature to know the rules of the forum. I hope you'll enjoy this community! :D

Hello from the west coast of Scotland.  I've been a long time lurker on these forums and finally decided to take the plunge and join in the fun.  I used to build desktop rigs back in the day for laughs but nothing like what is being built today.  There are a few builds I've seen recently that have fired up my imagination again as to what is possible.  I think I may be catching the bug again!  I look forward to learning more new things in the future and hopefully passing on some old-timer knowledge.

Steverob

Welcome! :D The rules of the forum (CoC) is located under my signature and make sure you read it when you have a chance to know the rules of the forum. I hope you'll find this community helpful. :)

I'm a total PC noob who has been hooked into the details by my search for a light gaming oriented laptop for my next year at college.

As of now, I'm marathon-ing the As Fast As Possible videos on youtube. :lol:

Welcome to the forum! :) Hope you are enjoying your marathon and are learning things during your marathon. :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature. 

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Hello from Libya in  NorthAfrica :P

Ive been watching linus since 2008 NCIX days and only him ^^

Love you Linus <3 .

Hello from UK!

Only recently found Linus on YouTube, and thought I'd see if the community is as good as his vids!! :)

I've been building rigs for over 15 years.  I have the callouses from taming the ferocious MS-DOS batch commands.  I stood triumphant among the wounded himem and config.sys files from Windows 95.  I fought in the trenches against the brutal Windows ME and Vista regimes.  I'm an IT Support wars survivor!! (and my Nan still tells people who ask that 'he does something in computers' despite moving on from those battles many many years ago)! :)

Hello from Libya in  NorthAfrica :P

Ive been watching linus since 2008 NCIX days and only him ^^

Love you Linus <3 .

Welcome to the forum! :D I hope you will enjoy the community. :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for the rules of the forum.

Hello from UK!

Only recently found Linus on YouTube, and thought I'd see if the community is as good as his vids!! :)

I've been building rigs for over 15 years.  I have the callouses from taming the ferocious MS-DOS batch commands.  I stood triumphant among the wounded himem and config.sys files from Windows 95.  I fought in the trenches against the brutal Windows ME and Vista regimes.  I'm an IT Support wars survivor!! (and my Nan still tells people who ask that 'he does something in computers' despite moving on from those battles many many years ago)! :)

Welcome! Always found MS-DOS interesting but never had a chance to learn about it in detail. A memory that I remember on Windows 95 on my computer is when I click on the cd drive the whole computer locks up. :D I hope you'll enjoy the forum and the CoC is located in my signature. Make sure you read it so you know the rules of this forum. :)

Hi everyone, new here. I've been watching Linus videos for a couple years now and just found the time (and courage :P) to participate here since english is not my native language, I'm from Mexico so please excuse my bad english.

I would like to be a tech enthusiast just like many people here, I'm always interested in new gadgets and tech stuff in general. I studied graphic design but currently work in IT Support at a mexican logistics corporation, very simple stuff actually. Looking forward to have a good time here with all of you!

Hi everyone, new here. I've been watching Linus videos for a couple years now and just found the time (and courage :P) to participate here since english is not my native language, I'm from Mexico so please excuse my bad english.

I would like to be a tech enthusiast just like many people here, I'm always interested in new gadgets and tech stuff in general. I studied graphic design but currently work in IT Support at a mexican logistics corporation, very simple stuff actually. Looking forward to have a good time here with all of you!

Welcome to the forum @aliendejoe! I hope you'll be able to improve your English by practicing it in the forum. :) The CoC is located in my signature and make sure you read it to know the rules of the forum. 

Welcome to the forum @aliendejoe! I hope you'll be able to improve your English by practicing it in the forum. :) The CoC is located in my signature and make sure you read it to know the rules of the forum.

Thanks for the welcome :)

This is a really nice forum. I just created 2 topics and I got 2 replies to each within a minute. The people seem nice and they have alot of knowledge. I was on tom's hardware but they take forever to answer and don't give answers as well as this forum. This is now my main forum. Keep it up linus! :)

This is a really nice forum. I just created 2 topics and I got 2 replies to each within a minute. The people seem nice and they have alot of knowledge. I was on tom's hardware but they take forever to answer and don't give answers as well as this forum. This is now my main forum. Keep it up linus! :)

Welcome! :D Great that you are enjoying the forum. Make sure you read the Code of Conduct located in my signature and also in my signature are links you may find useful. :)

Hi guys, :)  Finally decided to join the forum, hope i get to contribute some good stuffs for you guys, and so far this is a great community, and i'm so glad i get to be a part of that tight community, PS: @Linus & luke lafreniere , Keep up the good work & kudos for creating such a lively and friendly community B) *pow*

Keep making those awesome videos... 

:ph34r:a tiny hidden ninja

Details separate people.

Hey sup guys! I've been subbed to linustechtips on YouTube since, like, forever, and today I decided to join this wonderful forum  :D

Hi guys, :)  Finally decided to join the forum, hope i get to contribute some good stuffs for you guys, and so far this is a great community, and i'm so glad i get to be a part of that tight community, PS: @Linus & luke lafreniere , Keep up the good work & kudos for creating such a lively and friendly community B) *pow*

Keep making those awesome videos... 

:ph34r:a tiny hidden ninja

Hey sup guys! I've been subbed to linustechtips on YouTube since, like, forever, and today I decided to join this wonderful forum  :D

Welcome to the forum @Tech_Dreamer and @nE0n1nja! Great that you are having a good experience in the community. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature if you haven't already for the rules. :)

Welcome to the forum @Tech_Dreamer and @nE0n1nja! Great that you are having a good experience in the community. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature if you haven't already for the rules. :)

Thank you  :) :lol:

Details separate people.