LG announces 27" 4K UHD IPS Freesync monitor.

Notional

LG silently announced 27MU67 Freesync monitor

795px-LG-Logo.svg.png

*Update

According to LG's us  product page: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MU67-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor this monitor is 60hz and NOT a 10 bit monitor. What a let down.

The monitors key features:

• IPS Panel with Ultra HD 4K (3840x2160)
  • AMD FreeSync
  • 4-Screen Split for multi-tasking
  • Game Mode with Black Stabiliser
  • 16:9 Aspect Ratio
  • sRGB 99% with 10 bit colour

It comes with 2 HDMI ports, 1 full size DisplayPort and one mini DisplayPort. *US source states 2 HDMI, 1 DP, 1 DVI-D port, however the picture of the monitor supports the AU source claim.

Response time and refresh rate are not yet stated, but it supports LG's "game mode". See more under the picture. Response time is set at 5ms, and tops out at a 60 hz refresh rate.

LG_27UM67.jpg

As for the 144hz part, it is not yet certain if this monitor supports it, but the product page says this: * Confirmed that this monitor is 60 hz and has black stabelizer as well as some gaming modes.

Serious Kit for Serious Gamers

Serious kit for serious gamers. LG’s Gaming Monitors allows you to chose your mode and benefit from 144Hz frame rate, 1ms response times with Motion240 Mode or with LG’s Black Stabiliser Mode to give you better visibility in dark scenes. Plus, with our built-in Game Pad, customisable Game Mode settings, and adjustable stand, you can create your preferred environment for gaming – on the screen and in your room. Browse our newest gaming monitor, as well as our latest IT accessories – and take your gaming to a whole new level.

It might mean, that this monitor just has black stabilizer, and not the other options. We will see later.

Source:

http://www.lg.com/au/it-monitors/lg-27MU67

To me, this sounds really nice. Setting variable sync free to the market, as an industry standard, has already yielded huge diversity in monitors, from several Samsung 4K monitors, to LG ultra wide, and now 10 bit monitors. It will be interesting to see if this is truly a 144hz panel. If so, we have a new king of the hill monitor.

Addendum: Well LG does not know how to website apparently. The AU seemed to be more wishful thinking, than an actual product, but the new US source doesn't seem to know what inputs the monitor actually has, even based on their own pictures. So really it's anyone's guess as to what this monitor actually is and can do.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

LG silently announced 27UM67 Freesync monitor

795px-LG-Logo.svg.png

• AMD FreeSync

It comes with 2 HDMI ports, 1 full size DisplayPort and one mini DisplayPort.

Response time and refresh rate are not yet stated, but it supports LG's "game mode". See more under the picture.

LG_27UM67.jpg

As for the 144hz part, it is not yet certain if this monitor supports it, but the product page says this:

It might mean, that this monitor just has black stabilizer, and not the other options. We will see later.

Source:

Guessing it is at 144hz

I am sorry what all for $800? i 100% bet thats its only 60hz

10 bit, 4k, 144hz ips freesync panel? that seems ludicrous. and literally ticks every box (except gysnc)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

LG silently announced 27UM67 Freesync monitor

795px-LG-Logo.svg.png

• AMD FreeSync

It comes with 2 HDMI ports, 1 full size DisplayPort and one mini DisplayPort.

Response time and refresh rate are not yet stated, but it supports LG's "game mode". See more under the picture.

LG_27UM67.jpg

As for the 144hz part, it is not yet certain if this monitor supports it, but the product page says this:

Source:

To me, this sounds really nice. Setting variable sync free to the market, as an industry standard, has already yielded huge diversity in monitors, from several Samsung 4K monitors, to LG ultra wide, and now 10 bit monitors. It will be interesting to see if this is truly a 144hz panel. If so, we have a new king of the hill monitor.

Not 144hz @4K. It most likely has a way to swap to a 144hz mode in-which it swaps to 1080p/1440p or something like that.

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

oh look

another monitor that's...

"announced"

ha....

go ahead everyone, jump on the hypetrain. I'm sure it will come out "soon"...

like the 34um95

like the rog swift

like the acer 270hk

like the acer 280hk

yup. moving on...

Freesync is really useful for me /s

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

10 bit, 4k, 144hz ips freesync panel? that seems ludicrous. and literally ticks every box (except gysnc)

Yeah, I'd see that going for something closer to 1200$ ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So what's the catch?

Or do we finally have the perfect monitor?

I'd say even at $1200 this would be a steal of a monitor, but--you'd think they would give it thin bezels :x

So what's the catch?

Or do we finally have the perfect monitor?

The catch is probably that the bezel's aren't thin.  Hopefully it'll be one of the first freesync monitors with the refresh range from 1 or 4 to 60 or if it is a 144hz monitor-- 4 - 120 or so.  

...I am imagining this sandwiched between my 2 PB278Qs, nothing stopping me really...I'm going to need a bigger desk

my old monitor said 75Hz, but only at 1024x768, so this might also need to run at lower res for that to happen

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

If it's a 4k 144hz panel, you'll need a powerplant at your house for the hardware to run that thing. Like 2xTitans to play maxed last AAA titles... if even that

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

If it's a 4k 144hz panel, you'll need a powerplant at your house for the hardware to run that thing. Like 2xTitans to play maxed last AAA titles... if even that

If the monitor supported 144hz I would resolution downscale on certain games (like counter strike) in order to benefit from the 144hz. Even if current GPU hardware can't really run it, the flexibility is nice.

It's Freesync, so it's designed for smooth gameplay without tearing between 35 and 144 hz, it doesn't mean it has to run at 144hz, just that that's its maximum.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

4K 144hz? @_@ Is this real life?

Also if people stop quoting the entire OP... 

thatd-be-great.png

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

It's Freesync, so it's designed for smooth gameplay without tearing between 35 and 144 hz, it doesn't mean it has to run at 144hz, just that that's its maximum.

I know, but if you're buying a monitor like that, you're not buying it to play on 60 FPS right? Well maybe if you plan on maxing it in the future

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

its not 16:10 :(

Its all about those volumetric clouds

There's no way it's going to be 144hz. It would have been mentioned in the marketing specs and ips so far has not been technologically capable of refresh rates that high. I wouldn't get my hopes up, it's highly unlikely that lg developed a brand new ips panel type without announcing anything or without hyping this up