CS:GO TIPS

asdfghjkl987

I have recently started playing cs:go and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on hjow to get better?

Thanks

I have recently started playing cs:go and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on hjow to get better?

Thanks

Wish I could play but I would say practice and try to work with your team also only play cs go when you want to focus otherwise play cod or battlefield.

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

The only thing I've learnt so far is that strafing while shooting is no good.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Create your own cross-hair if you have not already, learn the spray patterns and mainly just play the game a lot you will get better over time. 

Learn each weapon's spray pattern, practice with bots, learn the maps, look at some tutorials etc

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

The only thing I've learnt so far is that strafing and shooting is no good.

It is, if you stop after strafing.

OP, learn the maps by playing vs bots, practice gun skill on arms race, then play competitive

It is, if you stop after strafing.

Fixed :D 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Thanks

Pretty much stand still while shooting rifles - it's okay to move with pistols.

Always aim at head level, the crosshair is your eye, and should really be the thing that you should follow with your eye.

Learn nades and map callouts

Learn spray pattern for AK, A4 and A1-S

Don't be afraid to die for a better cause

Learn how to "trade" (kills), aka - never go into 1v1, try engaging in 2v1 so you at least can get the trade

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Watch WarOwl's videos and check smokes and such for certain maps. Also, practice the recoil control.

Warowl videos aren't always that good, they just help you get out of Silver but that's mostly it. Just use one of those smokes map, recoil practice map, aim practice maps, callout sheet instead.

Warowl videos aren't always that good, they just help you get out of Silver but that's mostly it. Just use one of those smokes map, recoil practice map, aim practice maps, callout sheet instead.

I know, but they still are useful. IMHO that is.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

There are a lot of good training and configuration(viewmodel/crosshair) maps available on the Workshop;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210194828
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=365126929
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308490450

Also I'll x-post a big reply I did in another thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/367311-how-did-you-improve-in-csgo/?p=4981572

Well first you can't improve if you don't have a solid foundation. What I mean by that is make sure you can get a consistent FPS so you aren't affected constantly, you have a decent mouse & sensitivity that is high, but not too high so you can maintain control and aim properly.

I have a Logitech G502, I play at 600DPI and 3 Sensitivity in-game. This is low enough for me to aim at a distance consistently, but also allows me to look around quickly as well. Also mouse acceleration is turned off since that introduces too many variables to allow consistent play.

Next I use these Launch Options;

-novid -high -threads 4 -full -w 1280 -h 960 -freq 150 -refresh 150 -tickrate 128 -nojoy -noaafonts +exec autoexec.cfg
  • "-novid" disables the intro movies/videos, this is preference
  • "-high" sets the CPU prioritization to high so if you are multitasking CSGO won't be affected and instead the other programs will. This helps with consistent FPS.
  • "-threads 4" sets 4 threads/cores for the game to use, there is an in-game option for "Multicore Rendering", but this is to make sure it happens
  • "-full" this sets fullscreen, again this is to make sure it happens
  • "-w 1280" and "-h 960" are my set in-game resolutions, I play in a 4:3 for the "stretched" effect and also for a more consistent FPS. Video explaining what I mean. This is all personal preference!
  • "-freq 150" and "-refresh 150" are my artificial limits that I set for my FPS. Some people like playing at 300FPS due to mouse input lag, I enjoy ~145
  • "-tickrate 128" is for LAN servers for testing/practicing, like the community recoil map linked above
  • "-nojoy" disables gamepad/controller, I have a controller plugged in and this is to make sure that CSGO doesn't use it by some rare event
  • "-noaafonts" disables the use of anti-aliased (smoother/cleaner) fonts, this is personal preference
  • "+exec autoexec.cfg" makes the game use the commands that I have in my autoexec file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg"
So now I'll post my autoexec command list, this list was copied from budi's(also thanks Budi for your list!), but adapted for my personal use;
// budi's CS:GO config https://gist.github.com/nickbudi/3916475 // Ratesrate "128000"cl_cmdrate "128"cl_updaterate "128"cl_interp "0.0"cl_interp_ratio "1"cl_lagcompensation "1" // Mousesensitivity "3.0"zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "1.0"m_rawinput "1"m_pitch "0.022"m_customaccel "0"m_mouseaccel1 "0"m_mouseaccel2 "0" // Videomat_monitorgamma "1.6"mat_queue_mode "-1" // auto detect multi-core renderingmat_vsync "0"fps_max "150"fps_max_menu "150"r_dynamic "0"r_drawtracers_firstperson "0"mat_savechanges // write video settings to registry // Audiovolume "0.55"voice_enable "1"voice_scale "1" // receive volumewindows_speaker_config "1" // headphone audio outputsnd_musicvolume "0"snd_mixahead "0.05" // sound delaysnd_headphone_pan_exponent "2"snd_headphone_pan_radial_weight "2"snd_legacy_surround "0" // emulated surround soundsnd_mute_losefocus  "1" // mute game when alt-tabbedlobby_voice_chat_enabled "0" // voice chat in lobby// HUDhud_scaling "0.80" // CS:S sized HUDhud_showtargetid "1"cl_hud_background_alpha "0.100000"cl_hud_bomb_under_radar "0"cl_hud_color "1"cl_hud_healthammo_style "1"cl_hud_playercount_pos "0"cl_hud_playercount_showcount "0"cl_hud_radar_scale "0.900000"cl_draw_only_deathnotices "0"cl_righthand "0"cl_showloadout "1"cl_showpos "0"cl_showfps "0"net_graph "0"net_graphproportionalfont "0" // small netgraph font// Radarcl_radar_always_centered "0"cl_radar_rotate "1"cl_radar_scale "0.50"cl_radar_icon_scale_min "0.4"cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard "0"// Reposition gun model to mimic CS:Sviewmodel_presetpos "0"viewmodel_fov "68"viewmodel_offset_x "2.500000"viewmodel_offset_y "0"viewmodel_offset_z "-1.500000"// Reduce gun shifting when crouchingcl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt "0.5"cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt "0.5"// Reduce gun and scope shifting/bobbing when movingcl_bobcycle "2" // 0.98 is enforced by ESEA/ESLcl_bob_lower_amt "5"cl_bobamt_lat "0.1"cl_bobamt_vert "0.1"// Regular Crosshair// cl_crosshairstyle "4"// cl_crosshairsize "2"// cl_crosshairthickness "1"cl_crosshairgap "-1" // classic// cl_fixedcrosshairgap "3" // newcl_crosshairdot "0"cl_crosshairusealpha "1"cl_crosshairalpha "999"cl_crosshair_drawoutline "1"cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"// cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue "0"// Box Crosshaircl_crosshairthickness "2.6"cl_crosshairsize "0.5"// White crosshaircl_crosshaircolor "5"cl_crosshaircolor_r "255"cl_crosshaircolor_g "255"cl_crosshaircolor_b "255"// Debug accuracy (sv_cheats)weapon_debug_spread_show "0" // show possible shot accuracy weapon_debug_spread_gap "0.67" // Miscdeveloper "0"con_enable "1"con_filter_enable "2" // print console on screencon_filter_text "Damage " // highlight damage in consoleui_steam_overlay_notification_position "bottomright"player_nevershow_communityservermessage "1"mm_dedicated_search_maxping "80" // max ping for matchmaking gamesmm_dedicated_force_servers ""gameinstructor_enable "0"option_duck_method "0"option_speed_method "0"cl_forcepreload "1"cl_downloadfilter "nosound" // mapsonly pls volvocl_disablehtmlmotd "0"cl_autohelp "0"cl_showhelp "0"cl_disablefreezecam "1"cl_dm_buyrandomweapons "0"cl_teammate_colors_show "1"cl_autowepswitch "0" // auto weapon switch on pickupcl_use_opens_buy_menu "0" // E opening buy menucl_scoreboard_mouse_enable_binding "showmouse" // press `,` to enable mouse on the scoreboardcloseonbuy "1"hud_takesshots "0" // scoreboard screenshot at end of matchcl_clanid "" // rip in pepperinos afterlifepassword "" // Bindsunbind yunbind uunbind kunbind altbind enter "messagemode"bind \ "messagemode2"bind v "+voicerecord"bind  "TAB" "+ng"bind space "+jump"bind w "+forward"bind a "+moveleft"bind s "+back"bind d "+moveright"bind MWHEELDOWN "invnext"bind MWHEELUP "invprev"bind home "spectate"bind mouse1 "+attack"bind mouse2 "+attack2"bind mouse3 "bhopon" // toggle scroll wheel bhopbind mouse4 "use weapon_smokegrenade"bind mouse5 "use weapon_flashbang"bind del "exec autoexec"bind shift "+speed" // defaultbind f "+lookatweapon" // defaultbind g "drop" // defaultbind h "bot_place" // places bot for practicebind n "+jumpthrow" // consistent smoke jump throwsbind - "toggle voice_scale 1 0" // toggle voice volumebind = "toggle volume 0.55 0.08 0" // toggle game volumebind f1 "say ;noclip;say .noclip;sv_cheats 1;impulse 101;sv_showimpacts 1;sv_showimpacts_penetration 1;sv_infinite_ammo 1;sv_grenade_trajectory 1;sv_grenade_trajectory_thickness 0.5;mp_freezetime 0;mp_roundtime_defuse 60;mp_buytime 60;mp_buy_anywhere 1;bot_stop 1;mp_warmup_end;" // noclip and sv_cheats practicebind , "showmouse"bind . "" // custom ready for pugs// Aliasesalias "showmouse" // for mouse on scoreboardalias "+ng" "+showscores; net_graph 1"alias "-ng" "-showscores; net_graph 0"alias bhopon "bind MWHEELDOWN +jump;bind MWHEELUP +jump;bind mouse3 bhopoff"alias bhopoff "bind MWHEELDOWN invnext;bind MWHEELUP invprev;bind mouse3 bhopon"alias "+jumpthrow" "+jump;-attack"alias "-jumpthrow" "-jump" // Keypad buy bindsbind kp_ins "buy vest; buy defuser" // 0bind kp_del "buy molotov; buy incgrenade" // .bind kp_enter "" // Enterbind kp_end "buy hegrenade" // 1bind kp_downarrow "buy flashbang" // 2bind kp_pgdn "buy smokegrenade" // 3bind kp_leftarrow "buy deagle" //4bind kp_5 "buy tec9; buy fiveseven" // 5bind kp_rightarrow "buy p250" // 6bind kp_home "buy awp" // 7bind kp_uparrow "buy m4a1;buy ak47" // 8bind kp_pgup "buy famas;buy galilar" // 9bind kp_slash "buy p90" // /bind kp_multiply "buy negev" // *bind kp_minus "buy scar20; buy g3sg1" // -bind kp_plus "buy xm1014" // + host_writeconfig // write settings to config.cfgecho ""echo ""echo "autoexec.cfg executed"echo ""echo ""echo ""

There is A LOT in here, stuff from keybinds for buying, crosshair settings, viewmodel settings, mouse settings, misc items, radar, HUD,  audio, etc.

Also here is my "video.txt" settings;

These settings are just to be extra sure that my video settings are correct and will always be set to these when I start up CSGO. Again, these are mostly personal preference, but it has made a difference in my skill level.

It makes a difference to have a good foundation to start your skill building. There are tons of guides and videos on how to do these things, so if you haven't set your own exact settings, I'd recommend you do so now.

Other tips I can give you are things you have to learn by doing, like learning how to control recoil and burst firing. Also check your corners!

Another good thing to do is lead with your crosshairs. What I mean by that is when you're running/walking around a corner don't just check your corners with your eyes, check with your crosshair. Adren_TV has some great videos on this as well as other tips/tricks, so I suggest you watch his other videos as well.

Here is one from Adren about crosshair placement that I highly recommend watching;

"VideoConfig"{	"setting.cpu_level"		"-1"	"setting.gpu_level"		"-1"	"setting.mat_antialias"		"0"	"setting.mat_aaquality"		"0"	"setting.mat_forceaniso"		"-1"	"setting.mat_vsync"		"0"	"setting.mat_triplebuffered"		"0"	"setting.mat_grain_scale_override"		"-1.000000"	"setting.gpu_mem_level"		"-1"	"setting.mem_level"		"-1"	"setting.mat_queue_mode"		"-1"	"setting.csm_quality_level"		"0"	"setting.mat_software_aa_strength"		"1"	"setting.mat_motion_blur_enabled"		"0"	"setting.fullscreen"		"1"	"setting.defaultres"		"1280"	"setting.defaultresheight"		"960"	"setting.aspectratiomode"		"0"	"setting.nowindowborder"		"0"}

practice?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Learn call outs for maps before you play them on comp! Don't be that asshole!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

That's the point in his videos. They're there to help new players get in and get decent at the game. Nothing more. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Stand still when shooting someone or run to cover.

Fight or flight.

This helped me so much rather than running while shooting of SHIFTing while shooting, trust me.

With AK and M4 with medium distance, don't spray for more than 5 shots (or learn exactly when the AK/M4 start pulling a vertical and stop there)

Also Try to think about how many went where and try to think like them as to where they would go.

My tactics have always been superior in my team I just can't do well myself :P

Thanks

You should download Steam Workshop training maps such as these three....

Aim training

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241148414

Fast Aim vs Bots

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=368026786

Crosshair generator

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308490450

These three are essential to improving your skill.

And please do not get frustrated, it will take you like 6 months from a noob to "average player", and many more months from average player to "slightly above average player" the skill ceiling of this game is very high. So you should just enjoy and game while learning the ropes. When I was a CSGO noob after playing 2 weeks I gave up and never played for another 2 months then I came back and started to enjoy the game so much that I regretted leaving in the first place, that extra 2 months could've gotten me an extra rank or two in matchmaking.

And play with atleast ONE friend! Do not play by yourself with strangers, CSGO can be as toxic as League of Legend unfortunately.

Also (don't laugh) do watch Warowl's videos, they are a good source of CSGO materials, you can watch his tutorials or his analysis of professional matches of which you can learn a lot from.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU