PowerColor Releases Ad for Upcoming AMD GPU

nunya bus

So AMD has released this Advertisement.
It reads. did you know 99% of gamers don't use 4K?

And the statement. when 1080P isnt enough.

So what does that leave. 1440P gaming  

this is why Fiji is only 4GB because it doesn't have the ability or capacity to run the 6-8GB of memory for 4K 

So this is either a response to the constant berage of hate and ridicule that everyone is giving AMD for launching a sub par product. 
And they are re marketing this card. The problem is. 
They. Have conceded that Titan X will be a better card. it does 4K and well. and so will the 980 TI. 

So what I can deduce from all these Teasers . I mean terrible work again AMD, you are late! enough with the teasing... .Seriously 

the Fiji card will be a 980 beater by 10% So it may perform as well as 980Ti. But it will not beat a titan (AT 4K) it may do well at 1440P but NVidia will hold the 4K crown. 

the 980Ti 's are the better choice until AMD launch 8GB Fiji 
unless the Fiji is cheaper than a 980. 
Forget it if its dearer than a 980Ti, or on par with a titan

http://www.powercolor.com/event/comingsoon_2015/index.htm

http://wccftech.com/powercolor-teases-fiji-based-radeon-r9-390x-graphics-card-4k-gaming-giving-2-cards-free/

post-229208-0-90169100-1432433438_thumb.

Edited by Glenwing
Sources added and title edited

Wait till we get confirmation before making those assumptions...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Seriously....

"When 1080 isn't enough"

People can run on what they want. I'm still waiting when 4K screens become cheaper. Even if I have the graphics card to drive a 4K screen, i'll still be gaming on 1080 because at this point the graphic card isn't the problem, the problem for me is the price on the monitor. 

$500 ASUS Display. Right, I might buy that. But I would rather spend $200 on a 1080 or 1440 monitor and get multiple of those. 

Just a thought, I don't really like that ad.

"There is a reason 99% of gamers aren't on 4K. Its because the screens are fucking expensive" 

And yes, People are making the argument that "Why would you buy a expensive graphics card if you aren't driving 4K?" 

Because you do not cheap out on a graphic card! 

Edited by BrandonTheCat

Woah woah woah, the R9 290X was marketed as being designed for 4K gaming, but the upcomming R9 390X will be getting marketed for 2440p 1440p? WTF are they thinking? Because the GTX 980 itself is already a good 1440p card.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The ad says it all in black and white.... And some colour (LOL) 

Crowd_facepalm.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The ad says it all in black and white.... And some colour (LOL) 

It never says anything about 1440p, or that it'll be out performed by a Titan X.

It could be being marketed as the card that brings 4K to the 99% of gamers...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Dont forget to include a source: http://www.powercolor.com/event/comingsoon_2015/index.htm

Now onto the topic. If AMD releases Fiji for $850 with only 4GB of memory it will be an epic failure in every aspect (from a marketing standpoint).

Questionable thinking on amd's part. But if the renders are correct, this may be the best looking reference cooler you can get. 

And the card will still run great at 4k. The 290x runs decent at 4k, so what says this with 4gb hbm won't be any better?

Putting the obvious bias of the OP aside, the latest benchmarks would suggest AMD are about to unleash the beast, but then again only a very small minority of gamers use 4k or 1440p monitors, so clearly AMD must be conceding defeat by stating that fact and suggesting this card is for those running 4k monitors...  :rolleyes:

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_r9_390x_vs_gtx_980_ti_performance_leak/1

14090648884l.jpg

14090648358l.jpg

14090648172l.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Dont forget to include a source: http://www.powercolor.com/event/comingsoon_2015/index.htm

Now onto the topic. If AMD releases Fiji for $850 with only 4GB of memory it will be an epic failure in every aspect.

This is why I believe it will be marketed asa a 1440P beast. think about it. 1440P is enough with 4GB or Vram. 

But we know not for 4K. 

AMD were hoping we would not see this, and on a lot of other sites. I'm seeing people say things like. 

"its okay HBM is faster" 

LOL a 1TB SSD only holds 1TB it doesnt hold more cause its better and faster lol. CAPACITY is the issue. 

So they did a few things with this ad. they conceded 4K isnt necessary (but they will address is with Fuji XT or x2. The dual chip GPU that will do 4K well Only still no memory pooling! so still 4GB until 8GB models late next year. 

it makes more sense to market it as a card that is usable for everyone rather than making it as dream card that only a few people buy (ex Titan X). This card will be great for 4k but it will be even better for people who want to run eyefinity or use vsr to down-sample 4k to 1080p. Marketing it as a 4K only card won't help them sell more of them, this is a good move. 

If that wasn't clear enough. This card is for anything you throw at it whether it be 5760x1080, 7680x1440, 3840x2160or even maybe

11520x2160 this card can do it

also this is from PowerCooler not AMD don't misrepresent who made the ad

Putting the obvious bias of the OP aside, the latest benchmarks would suggest AMD are about to unleash the beast, but then again only a very small minority of gamers use 4k or 1440p monitors, so clearly AMD must be conceding defeat by stating that fact...  :rolleyes:

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_r9_390x_vs_gtx_980_ti_performance_leak/1

14090648884l.jpg

14090648358l.jpg

14090648172l.jpg

Putting the obvious bias of the OP aside, the latest benchmarks would suggest AMD are about to unleash the beast, but then again only a very small minority of gamers use 4k or 1440p monitors, so clearly AMD must be conceding defeat by stating that fact...  :rolleyes:

14090648884l.jpg

14090648358l.jpg

14090648172l.jpg

Im not biased.

my current systems are I7 I5 one has titan X. the other a 280 

and my 2 kids have AMD fx 6300's with 290's 

I am a TECHIE not an AMD or NVIDIA or INTEL boy. I reward each company with the best product at the time with my hard earned money. 

It might be different in high school but us real people dont think like this 

Im not biased.

I am a TECHIE not an AMD or NVIDIA or INTEL boy. I reward each company with the best product at the time with my hard earned money. 

right...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

You're not understanding their message.  

The point is that their new card is meant to cater to the 1% of the market by being "the most advanced graphic card in the world".  

Also no one needs 6-8 GB of VRAM for 4K.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Lol, you deduced all that from that ad?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Im not biased.

Dont be so cocky.

You are new here

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I just want a single card that can run every game available 1440p at ultra smoothery 60 fps all the time... not interested in 4k at the moment.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Link to source please. Also you should probably title the news post based on the actual news, not on your interpretation of it.

Here's the link if you want to add it yourself:

http://www.powercolor.com/event/comingsoon_2015/index.htm

http://wccftech.com/powercolor-teases-fiji-based-radeon-r9-390x-graphics-card-4k-gaming-giving-2-cards-free/

58492944.jpg

I just want a single card that can run every game available 1440p at ultra smoothery 60 fps all the time... not interested in 4k at the moment.

As long as this card is cheaper than a 980Ti  then I would say it will be perfect. but if its higher than Ti and not much less than an adjusted price Titan (they are still a little inflated) then its not worth it. 

I think you guys are reading it wrong.

They said 99% of gamers don't game on 4K yet and that 1080p is not enough for us. So they may be bringing 4K to those 99% of gamers.

I didn't see anything about 1440p. AMD released some 4K freesync monitors already, so it doesn't make sense for their flagship to be only "suitable" for 1440p.

That's the way I read it prior reading to everyone's else comments.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU