Noctua announces new NH-D15S & NH-C14s CPU Coolers

UltraNeonGaming

noctua_logo_1326_409px.jpg

All information listed below is from the official Noctua press news page: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=100&lng=en

TL;DR: Noctua has made another version of the D15 (D15S) that has much better compatibility. The C14S is an improved version of the C14, the C14S is a top flow style cooler, while the D15S is a dual tower cooler.
Both of these coolers don't overhang any PCIe slots! :D

Quote:
Noctua today announced two new additions to its portfolio of premium-quality, quiet CPU coolers with 140mm fans. Whereas the NH-D15S is a high-compatibility single fan version of the elite-class dual tower model NH-D15, the NH-C14S replaces the proven top-flow cooler NH-C14. Both the NH-D15S and NH-C14S feature an asymmetrical layout in order to avoid blocking the top PCIe slot.
noctua_nh_d15s_c14s.jpg
"140mm coolers have become the default choice for enthusiasts who seek superior cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent operation, but these tend to block the top PCIe slot on many current motherboards" says Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "With the NH-D15S and NH-C14S, we've updated our successful 140mm dual tower and top-flow coolers with asymmetrical layouts that ensure the best PCIe compatibility."

NH-D15S Tailored to provide superior RAM and PCIe compatibility, the NH-D15S is an asymmetrical single fan version of Noctua’s award-winning flagship model, the NH-D15. Thanks to its asymmetrical design, the NH-D15S clears the top PCIe slot on most µATX and ATX motherboards. At the same time, the single NF-A15 PWM fan setup and recessed lower fins guarantee 100% RAM compatibility with memory modules of up to 65mm height. Users who have sufficient room can also upgrade the cooler with either a 120mm or round 140mm fan on the front fin stack for further improved performance in dual fan mode.

NH-C14S: Successor to the award-winning NH-C14, the NH-C14S is an elite-class top-flow CPU cooler that is extremely efficient, highly compatible and remarkably adjustable. Thanks to its deeper fin stack and the renowned NF-A14 PWM fan, the single fan NH-C14S provides similar quiet cooling performance to its dual fan predecessor while being even more versatile: With the fan installed on top of the fins, the cooler is compatible with RAM modules of up to 70mm height. With the fan installed underneath the fins, the total height of the cooler is only 115mm, making it suitable for use in many HTPC cases. At the same time, the new offset layout allows it to clear the top PCIe slot on most µATX and ATX motherboards.

Both the NH-D15S and the NH-C14S come with Noctua’s trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2™ multi-socket mounting system, the company’s proven NT-H1 thermal compound, Low-Noise Adaptors and full 6 years’ manufacturer’s warranty.

Prices and availability
The NH-C14S is currently shipping and will be available shortly. The NH-D15S will ship in June. The manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are as follows:
NH-C14S: EUR 74.90 / USD 74.90
NH-D15S: EUR 79.90 / USD 79.90

"Noctua is love, Noctua is life"   - UltraNeonGaming  

With that kind of clearance, I'm pretty sure you can probably fit a kit of DomPlats.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

damn they`re so gooood, yet soooo expensive :`(

to game or not to game, that`s the question

They're expensive, but they're worth every penny.

I own a NH-U14s, 3 NF-S12a PWM's and 2 NF-A14's

those prices are to shit

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

But they are certainly worth it. I have an NH-D15 and I've been super-happy with it. Easy to mount, even as a first-time system builder

I just want the black versions of the base fans. (NF-F12/S12/A14) Not them industrial stuff.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

noctua is poop?

Nah man noctua is sweg

They're expensive, but they're worth every penny.

I own a NH-U14s, 3 NF-S12a PWM's and 2 NF-A14's

I`m afraid that they are too expensive to what you`re getting, I probably going with everlasting Hyper212 EVO

M-mmm those poop and prosthetic leg colours, but looks very shiny. I do wonder, why we won't see them coloured black (both fan and heatsink.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

But they are certainly worth it. I have an NH-D15 and I've been super-happy with it. Easy to mount, even as a first-time system builder

I`m probably not able to spend that amount of money for a cooler, hyper212 EVo ftw

I`m afraid that they are too expensive to what you`re getting, I probably going with everlasting Hyper212 EVO

They aren't for everyone, but I really love what Noctua does

They aren't for everyone, but I really love what Noctua does

I do get it, but the price is just wayyyy to high

That 140mm fan with 120mm mounts absolutely SUCKS. Mine makes a constant whining noise, ended up having to throw it out because of that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

NH-D15S Tailored to provide superior RAM and PCIe compatibility, the NH-D15S is an asymmetrical single fan version of Noctua’s award-winning flagship model, the NH-D15. Thanks to its asymmetrical design, the NH-D15S clears the top PCIe slot on most µATX and ATX motherboards.

And, uh, Rampage IV and V Extreme eATX motherboards to name two. Was a massive problem on the D15 that quite a few high performance motherboards' first PCIe slot is x16 and so was rendered unusable.

Ossum that this has been addressed :)

That 140mm fan with 120mm mounts absolutely SUCKS. Mine makes a constant whining noise, ended up having to throw it out because of that.

Which cooler is this about?

And, uh, Rampage IV and V Extreme eATX motherboards to name two. Was a massive problem on the D15 that quite a few high performance motherboards' first PCIe slot is x16 and so was rendered unusable.

Ossum that this has been addressed :)

It has :D

Which cooler is this about?

I got the single tower cooler, that came with the 140mm fan that has 120mm mounts. The cooler worked great, but the fan that came with it just made this terribly annoying whining noise.

Trik uses the NH-U14S

Actually, I switched back to my Corsair H110. Looks cleaner.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think I am one of the few people who actually like the stock Noctua colors.

I like them too!