Noctua announces new NH-D15S & NH-C14s CPU Coolers

UltraNeonGaming

I got the single tower cooler, that came with the 140mm fan that has 120mm mounts. The cooler worked great, but the fan that came with it just made this terribly annoying whining noise.

Actually, I switched back to my Corsair H110. Looks cleaner.

Oh, I have two of those fans (NF-A14's) and they are awesome, you should have given noctua a call, You have a 6 year warranty

I got the single tower cooler, that came with the 140mm fan that has 120mm mounts. The cooler worked great, but the fan that came with it just made this terribly annoying whining noise.

I was debating for awhile between the h110i GT or the NH-D15--because the D15 is so damn beautiful(to me).  But.. I need those extra 6c cooler temps for when I OC.

Oh, I have two of those fans (NF-A14's) and they are awesome, you should have given noctua a call, You have a 6 year warranty

Didn't really need the fan. Already had the fans I needed to fill out my system like I wanted with the water cooler. That and just, too much trouble for a fan.

I was debating for awhile between the h110i GT or the NH-D15--because the D15 is so damn beautiful(to me).  But.. I need those extra 6c cooler temps for when I OC.

Funny thing is, I don't even overclock lol (my CPU that is)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think I am one of the few people who actually like the stock Noctua colors.

i'm with you on that. i like it.

They look good alone, but as soon as you put them in a system they look horrible. Wish they had the design of corsair af140s,thrn that would be the best looking fan ever.

- snip-

The fan or the heatsink?

[/spoiler

I agree

If only they had the "Now in plain black" edition.

Both !!! I need that Stealth look !!!

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

They look good alone, but as soon as you put them in a system they look horrible. Wish they had the design of corsair af140s,thrn that would be the best looking fan ever.

I like that they stand out in comparison with the color, but then again--I'm partial to Fractal's Define series, so that means I'd never even see the fans :P

Thanks, I really wanted a downdraft cooler for my current build but didnt want it touching my GPU, now its time to sell this NH-U12S  :D

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

I also like their colors

Sick design, looks cool. But the price...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

That 140mm fan with 120mm mounts absolutely SUCKS. Mine makes a constant whining noise, ended up having to throw it out because of that.

You had a screw down too tight or loose then, causing resonance. I've seen so many systems that don't have that problem.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You had a screw down too tight or loose then, causing resonance. I've seen so many systems that don't have that problem.

It made that sound even when not bolted down to anything. It was something wrong with the motor.

It made that sound even when not bolted down to anything. It was something wrong with the motor

Probably a fluke. QA never catches everything.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Probably a fluke. QA never catches everything.

I'm sure. But like I said, not worth it over a fan that came with the cooler when I had better ones that I bought directly from them.

noctua is poop?

The only time that reference is acceptable.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You didn't contact Noctua? Their after-sales support is usually excellent, they'd probably have couriered you a new fan for free.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

You didn't contact Noctua? Their after-sales support is usually excellent, they'd probably have couriered you a new fan for free.

I figured they would want me to send the old fan back, not paying money for that (also too much work, too lazy lol)

I figured they would want me to send the old fan back, not paying money for that (also too much work, too lazy lol)

From what I've heard from friends, that wouldn't happen.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

From what I've heard from friends, that wouldn't happen.

I'll keep that in mind. I just hate RMA'ing stuff

Man, I can't wait to see reviews of the NH-D15s are out.  Curious to see if there is a performance change.

NH-C14S is pretty cool. :D If i ever have too much money (which will probably never happen) I'll buy one.  B)

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

I just want the black versions of the base fans. (NF-F12/S12/A14) Not them industrial stuff.

kind of like this black NF-P12 I have :^)

c3M3D8p.jpg

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

kind of like this black NF-P12 I have :^)

c3M3D8p.jpg

What? How?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

What? How?

took it out of my seagate nas. they will make black ones for mass orders like to system manufacturers

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

took it out of my seagate nas. they will make black ones for mass orders like to system manufacturers

Why not for the usual folk though, I just don't understand why they don't want to make much more money.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler