AMD announces Computex 2015 press conference

zMeul

source: http://www.amdcomputex.com.tw/

AMD would like to cordially invite you to our press conference at Computex 2015. You will get the opportunity to see AMD’s latest products and leading-edge technologies, while experiencing immersive visual, computing, and gaming demonstrations.

During this event, AMD executives and special guests will be introducing new, comprehensive details on AMD’s 2015 product lineup.

R9-3xx confirmed

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

WCCF already posted an article about all the launches AMD will make, including R9 390X and Carrizo (non-L).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

390x HYPE!!!!!

:P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I just want the damn 390x to come out so i can replace my 7970s

I have high hopes AMD don't let me down.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Betting it's rebrands all the way down from 380x

Just like last year.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Any 390 non-x rumors? That's the card in most interested in. If it stomps the competition like the 290 did, than they have a almost guaranteed purchase from me.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

at this point!?

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets!  :lol:

• 3xx rebrands
  • Fiji water cooled
  • 8Gb HBM
  • Windows 10 release date
  • GTX980 Ti launch

Lol, I got a funny mental image of a 980ti being snuck onto a presentation table with the rest of the 300 series cards at a press conference.  :lol:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Lol, I got a funny mental image of a 980ti being snuck onto a presentation table with the rest of the 300 series cards at a press conference.  :lol:

Jen-Hsun tip toes over to the Radeon table of HBM goodness, and places a briefcase with the 980ti on the table before tip-toeing away like nothing happened.

at this point!?

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets!  :lol:

• 3xx rebrands
  • Fiji water cooled
  • 8Gb HBM
  • Windows 10 release date
  • GTX980 Ti launch

We can only hope. In reality I'll go like this:

• An APU
  • Another APU
  • Guess what? More motherfucking APUS!
  • Oh yeah we have this other product...a very low powered APU!
  • You get and APU and YOU get and APU and YOU get an APU, everybody gets an APU!
  • Have we told you about how awesome Zen will be......specially the APU!!!?
  • Oh the other geeks on the company made some new videocard, it's pretty cool beats the titan, you can talk to them after we're done or whatever

-------

Current Rig

-------

<p>

We can only hope. In reality I'll go like this:

• An APU
  • Another APU
  • Guess what? More motherfucking APUS!
  • Oh yeah we have this other product...a very low powered APU!
  • You get and APU and YOU get and APU and YOU get an APU, everybody gets an APU!
  • Have we told you about how awesome Zen will be......specially the APU!!!?
  • Oh the other geeks on the company made some new videocard, it's pretty cool beats the titan, you can talk to them after we're done or whatever
AMD's right to be pushing APUs as much as they are. Intel is very much doing the same, though more quietly. If AMD is going to have a shot in the HPC space, it needs compute density on a level Intel can't touch. APUs combined with HBM FirePro in a single system woven together via HSA and OpenMP would be quite the sight.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

AMD's right to be pushing APUs as much as they are. Intel is very much doing the same, though more quietly. If AMD is going to have a shot in the HPC space, it needs compute density on a level Intel can't touch. APUs combined with HBM FirePro in a single system woven together via HSA and OpenMP would be quite the sight.

I understand why they do it sure. I just wish they didn't neglect the rest of the stuff: Intel makes the bulk of their cash on lower end stuff most consumer products are the i3s and low powered chips but they know that the prestige and recognition the high end, enthusiasts stuff sells your brand very well overall. It's not unlike car companies most people don't actually like to hear much about the crap cars they actually can afford to buy but everyone likes to salivate around their most new, luxurious cars and how many seconds it takes them to break the fucking law and speed limits!

-------

Current Rig

-------

I understand why they do it sure. I just wish they didn't neglect the rest of the stuff: Intel makes the bulk of their cash on lower end stuff most consumer products are the i3s and low powered chips but they know that the prestige and recognition the high end, enthusiasts stuff sells your brand very well overall. It's not unlike car companies most people don't actually like to hear much about the crap cars they actually can afford to buy but everyone likes to salivate around their most new, luxurious cars and how many seconds it takes them to break the fucking law and speed limits!

Intel needs to stay quiet on enthusiast stuff for now until AMD is on better financial footing. 2.4 billion in debt comes due over just 5 quarters starting October-December 2018 through December 2019. If Zen, Radeon 300, and Radeon 400 don't sell spectacularly well, AMD will be crushed under the weight of the ATI buyout. That means the FTC forces Intel to give an x86 license potentially to IBM, Samsung, Oracle, or Nvidia. All of those would mean fresh, deep-pocketed competition. That's about the last thing Intel needs in the HPC space while breaking into phones at last.

Intel needs to stay quiet on enthusiast stuff for now until AMD is on better financial footing. 2.4 billion in debt comes due over just 5 quarters starting October-December 2018 through December 2019. If Zen, Radeon 300, and Radeon 400 don't sell spectacularly well, AMD will be crushed under the weight of the ATI buyout. That means the FTC forces Intel to give an x86 license potentially to IBM, Samsung, Oracle, or Nvidia. All of those would mean fresh, deep-pocketed competition. That's about the last thing Intel needs in the HPC space while breaking into phones at last.

11274146.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

No apu's plz

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

-snip-

Seriously, did everyone think that cute guinea pig avatar was all there was to me? I'm a certified genius. While on its own that doesn't mean much, I don't spend my days just lazing around. Hours of analysis go through my brain every day even as I write advanced code optimizations. As a business Intel's current best interest is to play slow until AMD's safe again. Then it can just knock Nvidia out of the HPC space, effectively ending their competition status, letting Intel buy out Nvidia and remove the last thorn in its side to more advanced chip development. Intel has huge plans in the works, or it wouldn't have tried to buy Altera. HPC and embedded systems are due for a quantum leap very soon, and the ways there can be laid out easily if you have the right combo of IP to support new technological combinations.

At that point it could knock out AMD entirely, effectively killing HSA unless IBM or Samsung really decide to go for it, and leaving any new x86 competitor back at square one. The devil's in the details.

Seriously, did everyone think that cute guinea pig avatar was all there was to me? I'm a certified genius. While on its own that doesn't mean much, I don't spend my days just lazing around. Hours of analysis go through my brain every day even as I write advanced code optimizations. As a business Intel's current best interest is to play slow until AMD's safe again. Then it can just knock Nvidia out of the HPC space, effectively ending their competition status, letting Intel buy out Nvidia and remove the last thorn in its side to more advanced chip development. Intel has huge plans in the works, or it wouldn't have tried to buy Altera. HPC and embedded systems are due for a quantum leap very soon, and the ways there can be laid out easily if you have the right combo of IP to support new technological combinations.

At that point it could knock out AMD entirely, effectively killing HSA unless IBM or Samsung really decide to go for it, and leaving any new x86 competitor back at square one. The devil's in the details.

Woah calm down I didn't even immediately placed you true but I meant no disrespect, I was actually rather pleased to see your responses.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Woah calm down I didn't even immediately placed you true but I meant no disrespect, I was actually rather pleased to see your responses.

That is calm. My writing's more conversational if you let it be.

This is what I want from Computex; 3xx / 4xx series.  More variable sync monitors.  ADATA SSD's(2tb - 3tb preferably).  More information on Cooler-Master's Kinetic cooler.  Z170 Mobo's and Skylake information.  Topre keyboards.  Noctua finding away to improve the NH-D15 to the NH-D16.  More Topre keyboards.  And.. hopefully an entire slew of SSD's from various manufacturers that can support sata-e, SFF-8639(NVME), and hopefully more widespread use of PLP in consumer drives, higher capacity, and V-Nand.  So, in short--I want Computex to be amazing.  Amazingly painful on my wallet.

Your own speculation and opinion is not fact. Claiming you know this and that doesn't make it any more true. The need to express yourself in such a way is ludicrous. It doesn't justify your own opinion and is nothing more than an unconventional way of going "I know more than you so trust me". When it comes down to flaunting what little skill set you have in order to get people to buy into your propaganda I think it's time to start coming to a realization of how foolish you actually sound. There's people here who do and will always know more than you regardless to what you think you know. Even I would put myself into that demographic immediately. This post of yours would single handedly probably make the best signature on this entire forum. Not just because the fanboy is strong but because the superego is completely burning out my retinas.