AMD announces Computex 2015 press conference

zMeul

I feel the 370 will be a GCN 1.0, because according to the Spec sheet by AMD it doesn't feature bridge less CF (According to Wikipedia Introduced in GCN 1.0), or Free Sync.

What happened to no rebrands?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Your own speculation and opinion is not fact. Claiming you know this and that doesn't make it any more true. The need to express yourself in such a way is ludicrous. It doesn't justify your own opinion and is nothing more than an unconventional way of going "I know more than you so trust me". When it comes down to flaunting what little skill set you have in order to get people to buy into your propaganda I think it's time to start coming to a realization of how foolish you actually sound. There's people here who do and will always know more than you regardless to what you think you know. Even I would put myself into that demographic immediately. This post of yours would single handedly probably make the best signature on this entire forum. Not just because the fanboy is strong but because the superego is completely burning out my retinas.

This coming from the one user I've demolished in practically every debate we've come to and refuses to even acknowledge that any idea I have COULD be legitimate.

Also, this is fact. It's plain business fact staring you in the face. Talk to any broker who deals in tech stocks and he/she'd tell you the same. Intel doesn't want a better equipped rival. The best way to avoid that situation is let AMD recover until stable. Causality and induction (when careful) are all the proof you need in both the mathematical and real world.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm a certified genius. While on its own that doesn't mean much, I don't spend my days just lazing around.

I'm not sure one could be an any less humble, conceited individual with strong emphasis on the former third.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm not sure one could be an any less humble, conceited individual with strong emphasis on the former third.

There's a difference between conceited and jaded. Not everyone in the LTT community is a tween looking for fun games to play and more toys to build with. Some of us actually participate in the big league companies which produce the software and technology you use on a daily basis. I'm one of those people. Yet my opinions aren't popular and get tossed aside despite continually being proven right/wise. People continually underestimate me which leads to no change, no challenge, and nothing new. Do you have any idea how dull life gets when there's no challenge in it and no significant change? I'm looking for a peer who can stand at my level and keep me on my toes. So far this community has not delivered that to me, but it holds other values. Still, that's no reason to not stir things up and see what I can see each day.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

There's a difference between conceited and jaded. Not everyone in the LTT community is a tween looking for fun games to play and more toys to build with. Some of us actually participate in the big league companies which produce the software and technology you use on a daily basis. I'm one of those people. Yet my opinions aren't popular and get tossed aside despite continually being proven right/wise. People continually underestimate me which leads to no change, no challenge, and nothing new. Do you have any idea how dull life gets when there's no challenge in it and no significant change? I'm looking for a peer who can stand at my level and keep me on my toes. So far this community has not delivered that to me, but it holds other values. Still, that's no reason to not stir things up and see what I can see each day.

40Idny0.png?1

Probably a more accurate reason to why your opinions keep getting ignored  :lol:

Not meaning call you an ***hole though, but that meme was so fitting. 

Do you have any idea how dull life gets when there's no challenge in it and no significant change? I'm looking for a peer who can stand at my level and keep me on my toes. So far this community has not delivered that to me, but it holds other values. Still, that's no reason to not stir things up and see what I can see each day.

You're probably looking at the wrong community to find challenge.

Also your statements just screams "I'm way smarter than anyone in LTT forums!".   

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

With utmost respect to this community inparticular, I will go out on a limb and say a large portion are self-taught (myself included (this is not a negative connotation either)), so I wish you the best of luck. There are inherent barriers to being self-taught (in this field anyway) as resources are limited or one simply doesn't know where to find them, but I'll bet on the former.

TL;DR: "Certified genius" are likely a rare breed around these parts.

Then again, (John) Carmack is a self-taught aerospace engineer, so all of what I said may be invalid. :0

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

R9-3xx confirmed

I see what you did there. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

This coming from the one user I've demolished in practically every debate we've come to and refuses to even acknowledge that any idea I have COULD be legitimate.

Also, this is fact. It's plain business fact staring you in the face. Talk to any broker who deals in tech stocks and he/she'd tell you the same. Intel doesn't want a better equipped rival. The best way to avoid that situation is let AMD recover until stable. Causality and induction (when careful) are all the proof you need in both the mathematical and real world.

Every debate we've had on this forum has resulted in your demise. Your will to impose your knowledge onto others is your immediate undoing. Notice I never said your initial post that correlated with the thread is wrong but more over calling you out on your "know it all" bluffs. Twisting it into a debate over right and wrong is just a distraction over the idea of you being a self proclaimed genius. Lets note for someone who does "code optimizations" on the daily you've yet to ever post in the programming section of this community. You can continue throwing what little credibility you have away, that's your choice. As you can see above I'm not the only one calling you out on this so reserving the thought that it's just me is obscure.

Well I already know what this is probably going to be, hopefully full carrizo launch and GPU announcements...

i notice there are a lot of comments like hyp and take my money, not really much of a discussion though.

Would really like the carrizo laptops with pricing here though, that'll really decide whether it'll be a good buy or just another confusing mess.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Seriously, did everyone think that cute guinea pig avatar was all there was to me? I'm a certified genius. While on its own that doesn't mean much, I don't spend my days just lazing around. Hours of analysis go through my brain every day even as I write advanced code optimizations.

Wow, you're even more self deluded than I thought. With that amount of arrogance, you're like the Kanye West of LTT.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

calm down peeps..how is every thread a debate?  :D

even more so this an announcement for computex  :D  :D

on topic: i actually hope 390x delivers something concrete..i've never been in a tech community such as this before, so this is a first

Well I already know what this is probably going to be, hopefully full carrizo launch and GPU announcements...

i notice there are a lot of comments like hyp and take my money, not really much of a discussion though.

Would really like the carrizo laptops with pricing here though, that'll really decide whether it'll be a good buy or just another confusing mess.

I think pricing will be the ultimate deciding factor with how well Carrizo performs based on the leaked benchmarks we've seen thus far. The FX-8800P offers near A10-7850k desktop performance at just 15w TDP. Hopefully manufactures won't be scared of buying in bulk and we see some cheap $500-600 laptops packing them.

Any 390 non-x rumors? That's the card in most interested in. If it stomps the competition like the 290 did, than they have a almost guaranteed purchase from me.

GameWorks will make sure that it doesn't. It'll be thrashed by the 980 in the big games of the year, and AMD won't be able to do anything about it. It'll need to be priced around $300 to be relevant.

I'm a certified genius.

And I always respected you even when our opinions were wildly different. Now it's all but lost.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Every debate we've had on this forum has resulted in your demise. Your will to impose your knowledge onto others is your immediate undoing. Notice I never said your initial post that correlated with the thread is wrong but more over calling you out on your "know it all" bluffs. Twisting it into a debate over right and wrong is just a distraction over the idea of you being a self proclaimed genius. Lets note for someone who does "code optimizations" on the daily you've yet to ever post in the programming section of this community. You can continue throwing what little credibility you have away, that's your choice. As you can see above I'm not the only one calling you out on this so reserving the thought that it's just me is obscure.

No one's doing anything interesting in the programming section of the community. Furthermore, I am hosting a blog on high performance and parallel computing concepts right now. Since my men's glee club is recording a professional CD this week, it's on hold right now, but you can see how in-depth just the introductory material is.

Did you mean obtuse?

With utmost respect to this community inparticular, I will go out on a limb and say a large portion are self-taught (myself included (this is not a negative connotation either)), so I wish you the best of luck. There are inherent barriers to being self-taught (in this field anyway) as resources are limited or one simply doesn't know where to find them, but I'll bet on the former.

TL;DR: "Certified genius" are likely a rare breed around these parts.

Then again, (John) Carmack is a self-taught aerospace engineer, so all of what I said may be invalid. :0

The resources are there. iTunes U, MIT OpenCourseWare, Lynda.com, public github repositories, algorithm textbooks, C++ and assembly manuals, and even more, and most of these you can get for free to some extent.

Probably a more accurate reason to why your opinions keep getting ignored :lol:

Not gonna deny that. When fanboyism trumps rationality, evidence, and strict informal logic, I get irritable.

You're probably looking at the wrong community to find challenge.

Also your statements just screams "I'm way smarter than anyone in LTT forums!".

Nah. I perceive a difference in maturity of thought, but that's not to say I know everything and am unable to be wrong. I do more research each day, learn new things, etc..

Not gonna deny that. When fanboy ism trumps rationality, evidence, and strict informal logic, I get irritable.

Nah. I perceive a difference in maturity of thought, but that's not to say I know everything and am unable to be wrong. I do more research each day, learn new things, etc..

Well someone always has to play the villain anyway :lol:  

We don't live in a perfect world.   

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

AMD's right to be pushing APUs as much as they are. Intel is very much doing the same, though more quietly. If AMD is going to have a shot in the HPC space, it needs compute density on a level Intel can't touch. APUs combined with HBM FirePro in a single system woven together via HSA and OpenMP would be quite the sight.

That would be awesome. Do you think AMD, with their rumored 16 Core APU, will have a Firepro on board? If so that would be so cool.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Now imagine they just talked about Freesync when everybody is shaking with inpatience for 3XX cards :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

That would be awesome. Do you think AMD, with their rumored 16 Core APU, will have a Firepro on board? If so that would be so cool.

Those already exist. There are "Pro" APUs that have ECC GPUs. There will be an HPC APU with 16 Zen cores, a big iGPU, and some HBM.

Yes, that's the plan of the HPC APU is to combine high performance Zen cores with FirePro graphics on the same die. Making for some ridiculous compute performance with an extremely easy programming model (HSA).