Steam pulls "Kill the Faggot" off Steam Greenlight

FakezZ

So a guy called Randall Herman, also a Christian released this game, where your sole purpose is to kill gays and transgenders.

Herman told the outlet he made the game by himself and that it was removed from the site within two hours, before calling the gaming community "overly sensitive and easily offended."

The thing is, how did this make it to Steam Greenlight in the first place? Youtube critic Jim Sterling said

"Perhaps having absolutely zero vetting process on Steam isn't the best idea" 

Also, while not mentioned in the source, the creator of the game says he made it (along with a line of Christian-targeted shoes - I'm sure that went well xD) due to the oversensitivity of people to gays and trans. And I'm here all like "What?". This game really has no purpose to exist...

o-TRANSGENDER-KILL-570.jpg

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/kill-the-faggot-video-game_n_7214374.html

There is also this video I found about it with another guy's opinion on it, but it does provide some more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBuSx1gdGTE

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

It's a game. It isn't real. Games like Hatred are getting released with so much violence it's beyond stupid but a game in which the main objective is to kill homosexuals gets removed and bashed on? Wut wut.. The world has gotten too soft and politically correct. Catholics despise homosexuals and think of it as a illness but they don't get shut down?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

It's a game. It isn't real. Games like Hatred are getting released with so much violence it's beyond stupid but a game in which the main objective is to kill homosexuals gets removed and bashed on? Wut wut.. The world has gotten too soft and politically correct.

"too soft and politically correct"

o rly

No. This is just stupidity. It deserves to be banned.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

It's a game. It isn't real. Games like Hatred are getting released with so much violence it's beyond stupid but a game in which the main objective is to kill homosexuals gets removed and bashed on? Wut wut.. The world has gotten too soft and politically correct. Catholics despise homosexuals and think of it as a illness but they don't get shut down?

Doesn't mean Steam has to host it and doesn't mean we can't bash it for being a shitty game.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Big difference between a maniac without reasons and a politically motivated statement in the form of a game.

Also, I'm sure this forum isn't ready for any serious discussion on this topic given the results on the dev that killed herself so, good first and last post here in this thread, in before lock

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why? Because his lyrics offend people of all sexuality even though he himself isn't homophobic?

Inside joke if you listen to LP2.

Honestly to call that man a Christian is ridiculous. You're more supposed to LIVE BY A RELIGION instead of just believe in one. A much more important part of the religion is not killing people. He's making a game against homosexuality whilst contradicting a more important part of his religion

EDIT: This post made me sound like I'm against homosexuality... I'm not

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

It's a game. It isn't real.

Entertainment and art isn't exempt from hate speech laws.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Entertainment and art isn't exempt from hate speech laws.

I am pretty sure they are. If they weren't then the developer of this game would be fined or put in jail.

Right now the only thing happening is a privately owned store has told him they won't sell his product.

The same law that allows us to draw pictures of Muhammad also allows us to make games where the objective is to kill homosexuals.

Honestly to call that man a Christian is ridiculous. You're more supposed to LIVE BY A RELIGION instead of just believe in one. A much more important part of the religion is not killing people. He's making a game against homosexuality whilst contradicting a more important part of his religion

EDIT: This post made me sound like I'm against homosexuality... I'm not

You mean like the christian terrorist organization called "Eastern Lightning" in China that have killed over 3000 people since the 80`s?

They`re only doing what the one true god - jesus - wants them to do - purge the world of deamons before the end times.

I see this thread spiraling down very quickly. 

EDIT: nevermind, it has already started.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I am pretty sure they are. If they weren't then the developer of this game would be fined or put in jail.

They aren't. And nobody pressed charges, did they.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You mean like the christian terrorist organization called "Eastern Lightning" in China that have killed over 3000 people since the 80`s?

They`re only doing what the one true god - jesus - wants them to do - purge the world of deamons before the end times.

That would be a wildly different interpretation of the religion. Extremists are extremists, that's not Christianity that's extremism. My interpretation would be that since the Bible teaches people to forgive others and not hurt their fellow man, that they shouldn't do it. If you're a Christian who actually believes that homosexuality is evil or wrong, then you need to forgive homosexuals anyway because you're a Christian

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

That would be a wildly different interpretation of the religion. Extremists are extremists, that's not Christianity that's extremism. My interpretation would be that since the Bible teaches people to forgive others and not hurt their fellow man, that they shouldn't do it. If you're a Christian who actually believes that homosexuality is evil or wrong, then you need to forgive homosexuals anyway because you're a Christian

By the same logic, its interesting to see that you are agreeing that Islam is also a religion of pure peace, love and understanding for everyone.

Just some extremists in the name of it are being loud and obnoxious in the last decade.

By the same logic, its interesting to see that you are agreeing that Islam is also a religion of pure peace, love and understanding for everyone.

Just some extremists in the name of it are being loud and obnoxious in the last decade.

Exactly. You can't blame all of Islam for the actions of few extremists. That is called prejudice

Exactly. You can't blame all of Islam for the actions of few extremists. That is called prejudice

The only issue i still have with it is that the people with extremist tendencies make up an equally large (below 1% still tho) portion of the muslim community and the exact same for the christian community.

Plus the anti-education movement both of these religions are strongly in favor for makes me think this percentage will only go up in the future.

At which point does the "tool to calm the uneducated masses" outweigh its own validity?

The only issue i still have with it is that the people with extremist tendencies make up an equally large (below 1% still tho) portion of the muslim community and the exact same for the christian community.

Plus the anti-education movement both of these religions are strongly in favor for makes me think this percentage will only go up in the future.

At which point does the "tool to calm the uneducated masses" outweigh its own validity?

I agree that there are extremists for all religions, and we shouldn't choose to ignore some and not others. It is crazy to see people believing that all of the middle east is full of terrorists and blaming it on their religion. There are crazy people everywhere in the world.

The bigger thing to see is that these violent extremists are INSANE but instead people just look at what religion they believe in and blame it on that

Looking at this game and saying "Christians, man" is prejudice. It's not Christianity, it's bad people who happen to be Christian

Christianity is not socially extreme in the 2nd testament.....it is in the first.....just pick and choose your religious parts now? Moral Christians are the worst as they have total disregard for there own religion anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

Hatred is overly violent, but its hardly offensive, it is not making a horrible statement, it just lets you have a little rampage - I can do that in GTA already, grab a minigun and mow down the police and army - its no differnet here

it isnt racist, or homophobic or anti women or anything its just violent

We cant exactly just "shut down" Catholics, it would probably create a massive war and rioting etc

The game has been pulled from steam, not banned from existence - they can still release the game - just Steam do not want that kind of message spread on their store - its their store they can sell or ban whatever they want

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii