Steam pulls "Kill the Faggot" off Steam Greenlight

FakezZ

Ok so most replies are actually not unreasonable, let me add what I said on another thread: There is an easy way to avoid being lumped in with the "extremist" Christians if you're concerned: Don't call yourself a Christian. A follower of the philosophy and teachings of Abrahamic  non-denomination teachings and scripture would suffice.

Or to be more clear on that: Yes believe in Christ if you want, just don't go to church and specially don't give any money to a Church since you are only facilitating the existance of dogmatic teachings without any kind of logic that some men enforce to benefit themselves and their status quo as Church leaders.

It's ok to have religion and faith, but it is not ok to support organized religions.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Christianity is not socially extreme in the 2nd testament.....it is in the first.....just pick and choose your religious parts now? Moral Christians are the worst as they have total disregard for there own religion anyway.

There are different branches of Christianity that believe different parts of the Bible. That's just how it turned out to be

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

There are different branches of Christianity that believe different parts of the Bible. That's just how it turned out to be

Thats why people are stupid :lol:

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

It's a game. It isn't real. Games like Hatred are getting released with so much violence it's beyond stupid but a game in which the main objective is to kill homosexuals gets removed and bashed on? Wut wut.. The world has gotten too soft and politically correct. Catholics despise homosexuals and think of it as a illness but they don't get shut down?

GTA is very violent but it doesnt target a specific group. This does. My reaction would be the same if the target was black people, jews, etc. This is xenophobia and it doesnt have it's place.

The thing is, it's called Christianity. A Christian is someone who follows the example of Christ, who is only in the new (2nd) testament. What Jesus Christ said to do was to "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to those who hate you" (Matthew 5:44), "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39) which is certainly not what the maker of this game is doing. How then can people call him a Christian when he is directly contradicting the definition of Christianity?

Christianity is not socially extreme in the 2nd testament.....it is in the first.....just pick and choose your religious parts now? Moral Christians are the worst as they have total disregard for there own religion anyway.

People often generalise "the Bible" as a single book of Christian values, when in fact, it is a collection of 66 works written over a span of thousands of years by various authors. some are collections of poems, some are letters, some are stories, some historical accounts.

What you call "picking and choosing religious parts" I call reading the different books of the bible in the context in which they make sense.

it doesn't make sense to read a here-say historical account of what someone did a thousand years before the birth of Jesus as strict guide on how to live your life. It does however make sense to read them to give some historical context to what Jesus says in the new testament and how his teachings contrast with what was previously seen as right.

I get what you're saying, it seem people just pick and choose the bits of the bible that suit their own ends. For Christians what matters is what Christ says and the rest is useful context.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno. what do you think?

i like turtles