A TJ07 Mod Log

Hello, and thanks for visiting my topic:) So I bought a Silverstone Temjin TJ07b-w USB3.0 case a little while a go, and I'm going to make a watercooled Z87 system in it.

Here are some of my plans:

1. 360mm front radiator (this will be the main focus on this mod log)

2. Cable management holes

3. Cleaning up ugly holes that silverstone makes in my case

4. Paint everything black (not sure what texture)

5. Maybe removing top 2x120mm fan grill and putting a clear plexi window there

6. Put some 3,5" drives somewhere

7. Cool stuff you guys suggest!

Subbed, good luck :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Update #1:

img0181uw.jpg

So cut the front open so I can have a 360mm rad in the front

img0182uk.jpg

Think it turned out quite nice. At least good enough for me

img0133jv.jpg

Kinda off topic, but I bought this PSU. I think it looks very good

TJ07? W/C? OK, count me in! :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Subbed!

You certainly did cut out the front! Looking good. What kind of paint did you use to touch-up the edges?

That huge opening will allow plenty of space for the rad. I cut out one slot (the flip-out door) when I did mine, but this is the first build I've seen with that much removed!

Are you planning on using vented 5.25 slot plates, or a custom front plate?

A clear top is nice if you don't plan on putting a rad there. If you go IATX, the top video card is upright, and you would be able to see it through the top window, which looks good with a clear topped gpu block.

TJ07 :O.  My suggestion would be something like Singularity Computers did.  http://youtu.be/ENssW2PAC5U?t=16m10s

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

A mini update: I finally ordered some stuff (420 & 360 rad, fans, cable sleeving, switches and some mesh) from FrozenCPU, so a full update will probably be coming in a few days! The front of the case is going to have a plate to clean up (see pic below), and then some mesh in front of that. img0294tbg.jpg U can barely see the plate because of the light lol. But that one failed (tried to make it 3x140mm), so gonna make a new one soon and paint it in black. Also got my Canon EOS 700D, so images will be a lot better!

Subbed!

You certainly did cut out the front! Looking good. What kind of paint did you use to touch-up the edges?

That huge opening will allow plenty of space for the rad. I cut out one slot (the flip-out door) when I did mine, but this is the first build I've seen with that much removed!

Are you planning on using vented 5.25 slot plates, or a custom front plate?

A clear top is nice if you don't plan on putting a rad there. If you go IATX, the top video card is upright, and you would be able to see it through the top window, which looks good with a clear topped gpu block.

Thanks for subbing! The paint I used for the edges was just something cheap and random I bought in a local car acessory kinda shop (don't think u are gonna be able to get this unless u live in Norway like I do lol). The front is gonna have a custom plate and some mesh(see my latest post). Also, I think I'm just gonna stick with the dual 120mm fans in the top for now. Might put a rad there later, but that does require a lot of modding, and might turn out bad.

Thanks for subbing! The paint I used for the edges was just something cheap and random I bought in a local car acessory kinda shop (don't think u are gonna be able to get this unless u live in Norway like I do lol). The front is gonna have a custom plate and some mesh(see my latest post). Also, I think I'm just gonna stick with the dual 120mm fans in the top for now. Might put a rad there later, but that does require a lot of modding, and might turn out bad.

The shipping and duty must be terrible from the US to Norway, but what can you do.

I know exactly what you mean by the paint! It is difficult to get a good match with the anodized unibody. But for the edges it's not so critical, as long as it's black.

You mentioned painting everything later, so that should look good.

The custom front plate and mesh is a great idea for your project, and for your 360 rad to breathe.

I don't think you'll need another rad up top with a 420 and 360 already, but that's up to you. The stock mesh top fan assembly does look good, and fits well with the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Another mini update:

I finally got my stuff from FrozenCPU after some toll complications.

Short summary of all the stuff I got:

watercooling parts: MPC655, 420 and 360 rad, fans, 250mm tube res, comp. fittings, 1/2"ID tubing.

cable sleeving (black and blue sleeving, black heatshrink)

Switches (4 x 22mm vandal resistant)

LED strips

And some other minor stuff.

Also ordered this hardware (hopefully will be coming next week):

Gigabyte Z87-UD3H

Intel Core i7 4770k

Corsair Vengeance ProSeries 1600MHz CL10 4x8gb (32gb total)

Zotac GeForce GTX 770

Corsair Link USB fan/LED controller

Win 8 Pro 64-bit

This is what I still need to buy:

EKWB Supremacy CPU waterblock

EKWB FC-770GTX + backplate (when that is released)

Blue Coolant of some sort

(sorry for bad image quality, taken with my iPhone, DSLR is at school).

img0267euv.jpg

Keep the pics coming :D I'm considering buying this case this fall and doing a z87 rig in there also. And if I get the money and the dremel working I'm definitely water cooling it. I'm not going to buy a tj-07 and air-cool it. Thanks for the idea of front mounted 360

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

This is gonna be an absolute beast. Keep it up mate!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well, it's worked out great, that massive front cutout! :)

The 360 has room to spare in the front, and the custom front panel looks great, nice clean grille. Lots of airflow, and a custom cutout on top for the switches. That is another unique feature, I've never seen four 22mm vandal switches used on a TJ07!

I like the components you've chosen, the AlphaCool rads, Cape Corp res, D5 pump, fans, etc, all  good class parts.

I'm sure if Linus wasn't busy in Taiwan now, he would be commenting on your build!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, case modding is really done now, and i tested all of the hardware as well as doing a leak test of all the W/C parts. This is the last post by me in this topic before I make the full build log of the whole computer. Here is another sneak peak of how it's going to look! Also thank all you guys for your support on this topic:) It means a lot!

6yqw.jpg

Kinda crappy quality =p sorry for that

3f2y.jpg

Nice case mod. Wish I can do something like this but sadly I don't got the cash for it :/

Haha, very nice.  Great looking rig.  Dropped my TJ07 at the powdercoater a couple days ago.  Hopefully will have that log up soon.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Nice case mod. Wish I can do something like this but sadly I don't got the cash for it :/

Know the feeling bro:) Saved like 3 years for this project

Know the feeling bro:) Saved like 3 years for this project

Similar here, I saved up for my build for a bit more than two years. But in the long

run persistence and patience do pay off. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic