HyperParadise [a heavily modded powerhack g5]

vctg.jpg

What is HyperParadise?

Recently I found my old 2004 DP PowerMac g5 in my basement.

Used to love that old beast, so why not bring it back to life?

So this is going to be a worklog of me rebuilding it.

With the name “HyperParadise”

So what is this wonderful machine going to consist of?

Well in the moment, I am left with a beautiful, empty case that measure about 580x520x205mm.

What are the plans for this project?

In this build I am mostly going to focus on the following things:

·        It is going to be quite low powered with an air-cooled haswell or broadwell CPU (probably i3 or i5)

·        All new internal layout for ATX mobo/psu

·        Rotated motherboard tray (with i/o on the top)

·        Sound dampening

·        Side panel window (maybe make something cool with SmartGlass?)

·        Just make it look beautiful both inside and outside

So thank you very much for having a look at my threadJ I will probably post an update with some pics tomorrow, and more of my plans. Stay tuned…

Subbed!

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Edit: put some white LED strips in there :)

shame you wont be able to lift it haha

subbed

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Edit: put some white LED strips in there :)

Yea, the color scheme is going to be purple/white so probably white LED's:)

shame you wont be able to lift it haha

What u mean about that lol:) The handles will still be there=p

Yea, the color scheme is going to be purple/white so probably white LED's:)

What u mean about that lol:) The handles will still be there=p

If i remember correctly they weighed a tonne 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If i remember correctly they weighed a tonne 

oh yea hahahah xD Think my old one was about 25kgs lol. But I have removed everything and now the case itself is lighter than most ATX cases because it is aluminum only. But I'm not going to take it out of my home anyways i think

Yay another one. There is another user with a G5 mod on the forums. If you have solid works he has posted the backplate with all of the correct dimensions on Grabcad it might be under something like powermac G5 to something :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

HyperParadise... Inspired by the song by Hermitude? (flume remix is pretty sweet lol) Or am I just making a random connection? Like the sound of the build, can't wait to see what you can do with this case! :P

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

I have seen a few G5 hacks, and oh boy do I love them!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

HyperParadise... Inspired by the song by Hermitude? (flume remix is pretty sweet lol) Or am I just making a random connection? Like the sound of the build, can't wait to see what you can do with this case! :P

considering the picture to go with it, ima have to say there is some connection! good song tho

Hmm the title of this thread makes my eyes do blackflips :P

yea haha, I really like Flume and that song in particular :) build-up before the 3rd chorus kinda ruins the song...

So I promised an update today, and here it isJ

First off all, I am going to watercool it. This obviously means that the build will be a lot harder for me. But of course, when it’s done it is going to be more awesome aswellJ Also, the case has a few small scratches, and one big(pics of that down below). So do you guys have any tips on how I can make it less noticeable? Painting the case is an option, but what color if so?

So the plans for this build is to have a rotated ATX mobo with i/o in the top, a 360mm push-pull rad in the front, probably a watercooled GTX770, and space for at least two hard drives. Also, I am making a brand new plate for the back, which is going to have some cool visual effectsJ Also a big thing is that the case has 0 mounting points, but I will figure it out somehow.

Part One: Disassembly, and planning

sljg.jpg

1dmm.jpg

The old cooler for the dual 2,7GHz CPU's was so insane lol

1rzr.jpg

Motherboard, Y U SO BIG?!

l0xk.jpg

Insane how much u can put in a case...

oamb.jpg

One of the smaller scratches (this being on top of the front handle)

gbt3.jpg

The biggest scratch (side of the case)

ng7u.jpg

4oyg.jpg

Yup, stuff is gonna happen

q3kf.jpg

subbed but WTF that stock cooler, how does that make sense?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

subbed but WTF that stock cooler, how does that make sense?

Its Apple it doesnt :P

-----

Looking good so far mate, how much did that cooler weigh about 24.9KG? :o

And you might want to look on ebay for PCI Risers. means you wont have to make the GPU sit in the motherboard you  could rotate it so it faces outwards like a CPU cooler would.

as for the scratches i really have no idea..... light grey Sharpe :D

Get a pump top please for the love of Jobs

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

• 4 weeks later...

I found one of these cases for 50$.  My first full blown mod shall rise soon enough lol

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Gotta say, I'm liking these G5 builds that are popping up! Looking forward to seeing this one!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

fantabulous.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Wow that cooler hahahah nice job so far i want more :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

thank you for all the support guys! :) There has been a little stop in the project right now because of christmas and school. But it will definately continiue pretty soon:)

Such hack, so modded, wow. And hurry up :P i bet this will be really good :)