Experiences with non-techies

I touched the bare pcb and rubbed my hand all over that beautiful silicon including the connector, worked afterward, no socks, yes carpet.

That was the key.  Try it again pretty much any other way and the voltage you generate will be at least 10 times more

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

One of my teachers in high school was really not tech-savvy, and i usually helped her whenever she needed some pc help in the classroom. Anyways, i'm out of school for about 4 days with a bad case of strep throat(I literally could not swallow my own saliva for 3 days it hurt so bad), and she calls my home number saying that her smart board did not have any sound. As it turns out, she had the smart board sound on and the pc it was hooked up to muted, we had a good laugh about it once i got back to school.

Yep. That's what product sheets are for, right?

Boy I wish Nvidia or AMD would have a product sheet depicting how fast each model is. I have to look at a hierarchy on Tom's Hardware or compare benchmarks

But then someone would probably say that a  old 9800GTX is better than a GTX 980 

Well that's Nvidia's fault for fucking up their own naming scheme

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

*sigh*

Friend a while ago was telling me his GT610 was better than my HD7770 because his GT610 has 2GB of VRAM ...

So today we started to talk about GPUs (can't remember why) and the conversation went that way;

ME - Oh yeah, I bought a used GPU this weekend!

HIM - Yours broke?

ME - No, it's to upgrade my 7770!

HIM - How much RAM does it have?

ME - 2GB, why?

HIM - Oh! I could've sold you mine! It has 2GB too, it's a powerful card!

ME - ... no, I bought a HD7870, there's no way you GT610 is better ...

HIM - It has 2GB!!!

ME - *sigh* ...

dw you can download some more VRAM and then your card will be better than his

That was the key.  Try it again pretty much any other way and the voltage you generate will be at least 10 times more

Yeah, fair enough, but I said naught about wearing pantyhose or leggings.... (First in the list I had on at the time) Doesn't count as socks, but its pretty damn similar personally (At least the material sometimes)

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Boy I wish Nvidia or AMD would have a product sheet depicting how fast each model is. I have to look at a hierarchy on Tom's Hardware or compare benchmarks

Well that's Nvidia's fault for fucking up their own naming scheme

Windows 9 vs 98 vs 95

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

*sigh*

Friend a while ago was telling me his GT610 was better than my HD7770 because his GT610 has 2GB of VRAM ...

So today we started to talk about GPUs (can't remember why) and the conversation went that way;

ME - Oh yeah, I bought a used GPU this weekend!

HIM - Yours broke?

ME - No, it's to upgrade my 7770!

HIM - How much RAM does it have?

ME - 2GB, why?

HIM - Oh! I could've sold you mine! It has 2GB too, it's a powerful card!

ME - ... no, I bought a HD7870, there's no way you GT610 is better ...

HIM - It has 2GB!!!

ME - *sigh* ...

:P Best main rig ever. at least it's a quad core, my school doesn't even have an amd quad core. Ahem, I mean tri core.

Also, what about his fingers wrapping over the other side and holding onto the PCB? Definite chance though, although tiny still a chance

Still not a big deal at all. You can touch the pins on an amd cpu and it'll still work.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Bear in mind the amount of static electricity you generate is based on humidity - less you have, the more likely you'll generate it. That being said, you still may not generate enough to cause damage to the IC's or electrical circuits.

so i should soak my pc before touching it? because i want to avoid static electricity at all costs

you could try returning it to them /s

http://azerty.nl/

Haha lol :D I live in Belgium (I don't know which idiot decided to take an annoying french keyboard layout in a non french speaking part of the country and made it mainstream...) and I have a laptop

:P Best main rig ever. at least it's a quad core, my school doesn't even have an amd quad core. Ahem, I mean tri core.

I have been slowly "upgrading" my main rig but it's old, it was originally a C2D E8400 on a cheap Intel Mobo with a HD4770, all bought used in 2009 (that was a nice mid-range PC back then) ... but since I got married, got a house, anew car AND a kid ... so even though I have enough cash to buy myself a new Skylake base PC with a 980ti, it would just gather dust since I only game a few hours a week (before the family, I could game 40-50 hours a week!!! lol).

If you calculate how much I paid for all that, it's pretty good! Apart from a few parts, I almost got all of it for free, got a brand new PSU and SSD a few months back, changed the mobo to a multi GPU and a second 7770 last year (but my original 7770 died). In total I paid less than 300CAD for a Q9400 (free), a P5W CF mobo ($40), a Seasonic PSU ($120), a HD7870 ($70), 8GB DDR2 (free) and a 120GB SSD (45$) ... and I recently made a 2TB NAS out of the remaining parts I had!!! lol

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I have been slowly "upgrading" my main rig but it's old, it was originally a C2D E8400 on a cheap Intel Mobo with a HD4770, all bought used in 2009 (that was a nice mid-range PC back then) ... but since I got married, got a house, anew car AND a kid ... so even though I have enough cash to buy myself a new Skylake base PC with a 980ti, it would just gather dust since I only game a few hours a week (before the family, I could game 40-50 hours a week!!! lol).

If you calculate how much I paid for all that, it's pretty good! Apart from a few parts, I almost got all of it for free, got a brand new PSU and SSD a few months back, changed the mobo to a multi GPU and a second 7770 last year (but my original 7770 died). In total I paid less than 300CAD for a Q9400 (free), a P5W CF mobo ($40), a Seasonic PSU ($120), a HD7870 ($70), 8GB DDR2 (free) and a 120GB SSD (45$) ... and I recently made a 2TB NAS out of the remaining parts I had!!! lol

your kid, girl or boy or expecting?

My friend asked me what GPU I have:

Me: AMD 7950

Him: They made 7950 Cards?! When's the 7951 coming out then?

Me: Epic face-palm. No that's the name of the card, not how many were made.

Him: Oh. Would it would on my laptop?

Me: No, you need a desktop PC. 

Him: Oh. Okay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

your kid, girl or boy or expecting?

4yo girl ... she like to look when I play GTA5 (online races only without sound when she's around) and I let her "help" when I'm fixing or changing parts on the PCs! lol

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4yo girl ... she like to look when I play GTA5 (online races only without sound when she's around) and I let her "help" when I'm fixing or changing parts on the PCs! lol

aww so cute, I want a girl when I eventually have kids.

snip

way way to expansive

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

I was asking someone in class next to me what version of Linux they were going to install on their laptop for schoolwork as it's a requirement to use it. He turned around and looked me straight in the face and said "Linux doesn't run on laptops." What in the actual fuck. This happened in a college level computer science class.   

I was asking someone in class next to me what version of Linux they were going to install on their laptop for schoolwork as it's a requirement to use it. He turned around and looked me straight in the face and said "Linux doesn't run on laptops." What in the actual fuck. This happened in a college level computer science class.   

dat smart

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

I was at work, talking to one of my female coworkers about Windows 10.  In the middle of the conversation a guy that was just transferred to our department comes over and starts screaming at us.  It turns out he is her ex-boyfriend.  I'm guessing he isn't very tech savvy (or very bright) because he thought we were talking about his penis when we kept saying Microsoft.  :lol:

Windows 9 vs 98 vs 95

Well that's Microsoft's fault for fucking up their own legacy code...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!