Experiences with non-techies

Shitty Twitch chat/Youtube comments include:

• Rampant Swearing
  • Non-sense that is just plain stupid
  • Some prick saying how they did your mom
  • Pushy dicks who insist they're a hacker/soldier and can find out where you live
  • Blatant anger and frustration over practically nothing
  • Misspelling and lazy typing
And for linus's videos, #firepole

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Also, a 144Hz monitor is so much better for console gaming because a higher number is obviously better (+ those who buy that 1ms response time stuff because it makes ppl aim better... lol)

I dont know if you are being sarcastic or not (like " a 144Hz monitor is SO much better..."), but a console cant even push anything more than 24fps, cause the human eye cant see it.

About the 1ms response time, it does matter to competitive gamers, cause every millisecond matters. Its the difference between playing with 5ms ping or 10ms ping. However it does not make people "aim better".

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

I have experienced this a lot in my place with elderly people saying this

All tablets are called ipads and music players are called ipod.

Some even call tablets as Ipods as if tablets and music players are the same.

Even though they haven't heard about the company APPLE.

Well R.I.P Ipod and all music players.

Its also great when companies list ipad and tablets as two seperate product categories.

Dad when loading windows " Why does my laptop load (boot up) so slow it has an i7 processor shouldnt it be fast"

Me: "My computer with an i5 loads faster than you" (WD Black in my com vs his 5400RPM hard drive)

Dad: "...."

Me: "I can always unscrew your laptop and put in a new SSD in there"

Dad: "No"

Oh the people at my school

(Teachers upgrade from i3/i5 laptops to i7 laptops)

Friend: Hey look they upgraded to an i7 (points at the sticker)

Me: They don't help, the teachers only use microsoft word and email an i3 wouldnt differ from an i7

Friend: But an i7 makes it faster

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Oh the people at my school

(Teachers upgrade from i3/i5 laptops to i7 laptops)

Friend: Hey look they upgraded to an i7 (points at the sticker)

Me: They don't help, the teachers only use microsoft word and email an i3 wouldnt differ from an i7

Friend: But an i7 makes it faster

Paint it red and put some fire decals on it while you're at it ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Paint it red and put some fire decals on it while you're at it ;)

don't forget the laptop coolers with the LED fans...

I dont know if you are being sarcastic or not (like " a 144Hz monitor is SO much better..."), but a console cant even push anything more than 24fps, cause the human eye cant see it.

About the 1ms response time, it does matter to competitive gamers, cause every millisecond matters. Its the difference between playing with 5ms ping or 10ms ping. However it does not make people "aim better".

I dont know if you know a thing about consoles. There are certainly games that run on 60fps, unless you were being sarcastic.

Also response time is the time between the color shift of pixels (it determines the bluriness of moving objects on screen), so technically it's mostly irrelevant to console players anyway - the point that I'm trying to make.

144Hz goodness

don't forget the laptop coolers with the LED fans...

And the LED motherboards as well (not the laptop obv) haha

I dont know if you know a thing about consoles. There are certainly games that run on 60fps, unless you were being sarcastic.

Also response time is the time between the color shift of pixels (it determines the bluriness of moving objects on screen), so technically it's mostly irrelevant to console players anyway - the point that I'm trying to make.

For the first point I was being sarcastic.

For the second point I get you now.

Someone on YouTube comments said Minecraft ran on RAM and it had nothing to do with cpu and gpu performance. I did not get a screenshot sadly.

Then how does my i5 spike up to 86% while loading mc? Well that's just 216 mods doing its work though. No shaders or texture packs either. Anyways, most people are haters on pc gaming, just because they have old shitty hp's that run Windows 98 that cant run any games.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

EDIT: feel free to quote this comment, I like seeing peoples reactions even though the comment is 2+ years old.

OMG LOOOL wth

She scanned the drive? What would that do lool

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

People in my school steal the RAM (they only start with 2GB of DDR2 anyway) from the machines.

Sata machines with core 2 duos from 2009 and the PCs were purchased THIS YEAR BRAND NEW FROM DELL.

Me and my friends stole the DVI to VGA adapters that were on every PC in my highschool, it was Fucked up because they were core duos that had a VGA and DVI out on the motherboard and every PC had a adapter that went from the DVI port into a VGA cable to the moniter.

A former friend tried to install MSI afteburner on an Acer Aspire V5. I told him he needed a desktop GPU for it to work properly. He said he DID have a DESKTOP r9 280  even though the card is bigger than the entire device and Windows shows the Intel Graphics Control Pannel. Not a trace of AMD in sight other than an attempted download of Catalyst 14.12

Keyword: FORMER Friend

Then how does my i5 spike up to 86% while loading mc? Well that's just 216 mods doing its work though. No shaders or texture packs either. Anyways, most people are haters on pc gaming, just because they have old shitty hp's that run Windows 98 that cant run any games.

Exactly. I saw his videos. Default Minecraft userpic, the voice of a 7 year old on X-Box Live, Everything on it's lowest settings and STILL getting around 10-15 FPS. Oh, did I mention he spoke like a 7 year old on XBox live?

I really need to find the comment.

So here's a short story of mine I'd like to share.

Sometime in 2014 April - May, My dad had wanted to buy an android tablet for the family and for his business use as well (Square). So later on sometime in the end of June when school was finishing up, me and him decided to go to best buy and purchase the Dell Venue 7 Tablet (Great tablet by the way). Now as we come forth towards where all the devices are displayed, on the other side of the display  was a kid about 12-13 years old who had wanted a laptop for "gaming".

Now had I mentioned the other side of this display... were chromebooks.

tl;dr

Last year I went to bestbuy with my dad to go buy an android tablet, and where they devices where displayed on the other side were chromebooks.

a kid wanted a computer for gaming and his parents got him a chomebook.

tldr: dumb consumer buys a dumb thing.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Those browser based games, yo. Quake III FTW!

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I think thats great

i would never use a laptop for more than what Chrome can do,,,,and chrome does a lot........

Thats why you get a Beast Desktop.... :)

good. hes 12. go mow lawns

-bought my own pc from trading up and doing yardwork(others, not my own) and hardwork. computers are a luxury. How I see it as if its enough to do schoolwork, your parents have zero obligation to give you anything more. 

/old man rant of a 18 year old

computers are a luxury.

Not anymore.

Not anymore.

Read past first sentence mate. 

How I see it as if its enough to do schoolwork, your parents have zero obligation to give you anything more. 

-bought my own pc from trading up and doing yardwork(others, not my own) and hardwork. computers are a luxury. How I see it as if its enough to do schoolwork, your parents have zero obligation to give you anything more. 

They are not obliged to give you anything more..  But I mean.. If you kid does well in school you could give you something in return?

I mean, it's kind of stiff to assume all parents act/should act the same..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

McDonalds was my first job at 15, parents had to sign a permission slip saying I could work. Bought a old SUV and then a laptop. Used my neighbor's wifi for a year and a half because my dad wouldn't let me pay for internet at home. I still don't understand how a Wireless B (5.5Mpbs wireless signal, around 768Kbps-1Mbps throughput) signal traveled as far and gave me such a good connection.

Meanwhile today, all my siblings get consoles, phones, tablets, laptops and iPods handed to them. They have it so easy. *grumble*

/slightly older man rant of a 25 year old.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |