Experiences with non-techies

I just found this on imgur and it is an exaggeration of what I have had to dealt with when fixing peoples computers.

http://imgur.com/a/Ai3R3

I kinda threw up on my PC when I saw that unsightly object full of crap. Just obnoxiously hoarding dirt and little particles that mean nothing to a PC. What the fuck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

IKR. I have asthma, so looking into people's desktops who never clean them (everybody who doesn't care about their computer's health), often results in some rather unpleasant fits of coughing.  

I have asthma too.  I clean my system periodically so that I won't run into those issues.

Instead of simply clicking fullscreen on a video in science class, our teacher likes to manually expand the window to fit the screen with the annoying bright blue bars all around the video. It might not bother some people, but it definitely bothers me... Especially when there's a mouse cursor in the middle of it...

Even after telling him this was not the case, I was sent down to the principal's office and got banned from using the school's computers for 2 months. 

You poor person you, since you got into trouble anyway you should have gone full "hacker style" and also typed in color 0a xD

I just found this on imgur and it is an exaggeration of what I have had to dealt with when fixing peoples computers.

http://imgur.com/a/Ai3R3

Almost as bad as a story a former IT told me, he got called to a house two hours away, gets there, opens the computer, and EVERYTHING is covered in nicotine (from cigarettes).  He had to wear gloves and a mask just to handle it lol

Also, my dad came home from work today and told me a someone at work wanted to know if you could transfer files from a apple to a hp.  I just stood there for a second thinking how sad that question was. lol

CPU: i5-3570K Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus MB: MSI Z77MA-G45 Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 770 4GB Case: Rosewill Challenger-U3 ATX PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit Monitor: ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Keyboard: Some Dell Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Logitech G930

I work at an electronics and computer accessories shop and a man came in asking for an HMDI to SUB cable to hook his computer up to his tv, I politely corrected him :P

Today:

I was sharpening a pencil when the following conversation ensued.

Me: Ms. ---, you should shut your computer off.

Ms. ---: But I don't know how to, I always just log off. Can you shut it off for me?

Me: Fuck you! *Slaps her face*. (I wanted to, but doing that would land me in the suspension room)

Me: *Shows her how to shut it off*

Ms ---: Yay you are a genius!

I shut her monitor off after the system shutdown. Let's see if she figures out how to turn it on tomorrow.

PS She is just my after-school teacher, let's see what happens.

Just now:

Person: (name), why is somebody's account showing on the login screen?

Me: ??? Show me.

Person: Shows site with person's password saved

Me: *FACEPALM*

Me: Somebody saved their password onto it.

Person: OOOHHHH!!!

I have to deal with this every day. God help me.

Maybe understand that not all people are good with tech and maybe actually teach them in a nice way without acting all douche-y?( Fuck you! *Slaps her face* [ I know you really didn't do this, but still... you had the idea of wanting to do it ] and facepalming.. Oh and shutting your teacher's monitor off... come on, seriously.)

You should be proud that they're acknowledging you because you're helping them out with tech-related problems. Although if they become bitchy and tries to correct you like they know about tech even though they are totally wrong, then that's the perfect time to rage.

When my father's HDD fried, he thought he'd have to pay a bunch of money to get the data recovered off of it.  Turned out he was worried about losing his emails...it had never occurred to me before that some people thought stuff they get off the internet wasn't physically saved on their PC.  I also find this with my uncle who I believe has had his email "hacked" before, but he thinks people are getting into his PC itself.  During the time that I was helping my father pick a new PC(told him I would build him one...still don't know why he didn't want that), he suddenly decided he always called the PC(case) a hard drive.  Before that he had no clue what a hard drive even was or possibly that it existed.  He had also in the past mixed up acronyms I've used for part names(CPU, GPU, etc.) while trying to sound like he has a clue what he's talking about.

Sadly I seem to have him almost trained(accidentally) to come and ask me questions first before trying to figure things(some of them excessively simple) out on his own.  And then of course when he does try to explain things he does so in the most bland and least descriptive way possible, so in return I have no clue what the problem is or how he expects me to fix it.

Just found this..... Only read if you want to be disgusted or angry.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/slideshow/371675/10_reasons_hate_pc_gamers/?image=1

I mean seriously WTF is this!?!?!?

didn't Logan from tek syndicate do a video on this???? 

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I remember having an issue in class a few years back - the school used a thin client setup with XP and server 2003 (right up until extended support ran out) and it was badly setup so there were always issues. Plus people treated stuff poorly.

I was getting the infamous domain NSNET is not available error that plagues our system and since people often pull out cables or kick them out accidentally I looked to see if the Ethernet was plugged in. I then traced it to the wall and gave it a quick unplug replug and the teacher came over and told me off for 'fiddling with the computers'. After that the school put up messages saying 'don't touch the wires near the back of the computers as they may be dangerous'.

Another time we were told in science to go onto a website called 'doddle' and I went to chrome and typed in the URL for it. Teacher came over and said 'don't go on via the internet, go to the school website and click on the link there'. Sorry what? Don't go to a website via the internet? How else do I do it?

Oh yeah, I forgot XP support ends today. Sad. :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh yeah, I forgot XP support ends today. Sad. :(

And my dad, stepdad, and sister are all still clinging to it, like a beat-up 10+ year old blanket (non-techie story right there by itself).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And my dad, stepdad, and sister are all still clinging to it, like a beat-up 10+ year old blanket (non-techie story right there by itself).

Lol, I'm at school on my iPad sitting here while people are hanging out outside...

Diamond 5 in League :)

Lol, I'm at school on my iPad sitting here while people are hanging out outside...

I'm sitting at home on my netbook, waiting for the Windows 8.1 Update 1 to come out. Spring Break is nice...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm sitting at home on my netbook, waiting for the Windows 8.1 Update 1 to come out. Spring Break is nice...

I had mine last week, and my friends had it two weeks ago... :-; I thought I had a late spring break...

Diamond 5 in League :)

I had mine last week, and my friends had it two weeks ago... :-; I thought I had a late spring break...

That's Michigan for you.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I'm sitting at work, well I say work...

Funny story, once at school me and my friends all had Asus EEE machines? (remember the origional 4gb 7" ones?) and we had halo 1 CE installed and were playing a multiplayer game. The head teacher came in, saw us playing when we were meant to be in class and just casually went "I love playing medal of honour" then walked off

Probably the best moment of my lfie

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Somebody just said:

"Why are you in CMD? CMD does nothing except for changing passwords and unblocking websites."

I did a face-keyboard.

Last week, my dad called Xubuntu 12.04 LTS (and just Linux in general) an antiquated piece of shit. He still uses XP for the record.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Girl: hey im a gamer too

Me: whats your name baby?

Girl: censoar

Me: what games do you play?

Girl: Tetris, sims, and gamehouse games...

*leaves*

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

*leaves*

Yea... How about no, babe. xD

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Somebody just said:

"Why are you in CMD? CMD does nothing except for changing passwords and unblocking websites."

I did a face-keyboard.

Just now:

"Is Windows 8 Windows XP?"

Apparently 128GB off DDR4 RAM sucks.

Stupid.

You know you can just edit your previous post to avoid multiposting? It's good that you're keeping this thread alive without going off-topic, but multiposting is still multiposting...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

*leaves*

Tetris counts as a game and for the record so does Sims (never heard of gamehouse)