Experiences with non-techies

I don't think Apple uses AMD CPUs at all.

"Intel-based macs" is to specify the difference between the past Macs that previously used PowerPC CPUs. You're right that Apple doesn't use AMD, and AMD isn't the reason we have to specify Intel. PowerPC is

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

"Intel-based macs" is to specify the difference between the past Macs that previously used PowerPC CPUs. You're right that Apple doesn't use AMD, and AMD isn't the reason we have to specify Intel. PowerPC is

I thought that the only CPU manufacturers were AMD (or GlobalFoundaries if you want to be specific) and Intel.

I thought that the only CPU manufacturers were AMD (or GlobalFoundaries if you want to be specific) and Intel.

Well now that is (pretty much) the case, but in the ye old times it was different xD

(also, there is ARM and other cpu's made by different companies)

CPU: i5-3570K Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus MB: MSI Z77MA-G45 Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 770 4GB Case: Rosewill Challenger-U3 ATX PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit Monitor: ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED Keyboard: Some Dell Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Logitech G930

A few months back my friend was on an anime forum and decided to teach people how to get Godmode on a windows PC.  His thread got taken down because one person came on and said it's a virus.  He did explain what it was and was later able to post it up again and not have it removed, but man these days everything people don't understand is a virus.

A few months back my friend was on an anime forum and decided to teach people how to get Godmode on a windows PC.  His thread got taken down because one person came on and said it's a virus.  He did explain what it was and was later able to post it up again and not have it removed, but man these days everything people don't understand is a virus.

GodMode?

Is there one for Windows 8. or is it universal?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

IBM still make PowerPC chips. There's a few other semiconductor companies making CPUs. You have to remember there's ARM CPU manufacturers like Samsung, Apple and Qualcomm etc. too.

Back in the day the CPU market share was much more diverse, with even Sun Microsystems making chips and stuff.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Is there one for Windows 8. or is it universal?

Yeah, it works on 8 also, already put it on my father's PC for whenever I have to muck around with it.  I assume it's something that's going to continue to be a sort of "easter egg" in windows OS's from 7 and on.

Yeah, it works on 8 also, already put it on my father's PC for whenever I have to muck around with it.  I assume it's something that's going to continue to be a sort of "easter egg" in windows OS's from 7 and on.

Bookmarked it :D it will be nice when I finally have a windows PC again and not this shitty chromebook. -_-

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Bookmarked it :D it will be nice when I finally have a windows PC again and not this shitty chromebook. -_-

Well, it's not really special. It's just options loaded in one file.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, it's not really special. It's just options loaded in one file.

It's convenient! Instead of looking around the control panel also it allows me to show off :D

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

I haven't posted anything in this topic for a while so here goes my rant:

So we run multipoint server 2011 which in itself is great for teaching students (you can lock and project screens etc) but is horrible as a regular os. The person who screwed are school over in doing this has since left his name was Bob or something so Bob HAD to ONLY have Internet Explorer anything else was not going to work with are grade management software and other teaching tools. It's been a mess. Teachers get 1 computer with a promethean board. The teachers comouters consist of a core 2 duo and like 4 or 8 gigs of ram the multipoint servers in the lab consist of an i7 and 16gigs of ram not super bad but Photoshop runs horribly on them...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

It's convenient! Instead of looking around the control panel also it allows me to show off :D

Agreed. Also fun to name it something like one file to rule them all or something like that xD

Well apple has used amd(ATI) gpus

every time @Lays dose something stupid with his OC and almost blows up his pc...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

every time @Lays dose something stupid with his OC and almost blows up his pc...

mad :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@XtremeTechGaming told me the following today:

One time he was building a PC. Top of the line, GTX 780 and an i7 and whatnot. It just so happened that the timing of his build coincided with his tech-illiterate relatives visiting. His uncle took the PC WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION and brought it back to Texas for his six-year-old to play, guess, FUCKING FLASH GAMES ON A 780. XTremeTech said that the computer slowed down due to the family installing random shit, and they got so mad that they RIPPED THE 780TI out (without unscrewing or releasing the bracket on the slot) and BROKE THE FUCKING THING IN HALF. He said to me that he would never let them touch his technology again. I told him to get the system back, but apparently the illiterates got so mad at it they destroyed the entire thing.

A moment of silence was held for the system.

One time he was building a PC. Top of the line, GTX 780 and an i7 and whatnot. It just so happened that the timing of his build coincided with his tech-illiterate relatives visiting. His uncle took the PC WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION and brought it back to Texas for his six-year-old to play, guess, FUCKING FLASH GAMES ON A 780. XTremeTech said that the computer slowed down due to the family installing random shit, and they got so mad that they RIPPED THE 780TI out (without unscrewing or releasing the bracket on the slot) and BROKE THE FUCKING THING IN HALF. He said to me that he would never let them touch his technology again. I told him to get the system back, but apparently the illiterates got so mad at it they destroyed the entire thing.

130911103446-911-anniv-14-horizontal-gal

Jesus, that's tragic. How the hell did they end up taking an entire computer without him knowing though?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Jesus, that's tragic. How the hell did they end up taking an entire computer without him knowing though?

They took it from him like this:

"Gimme that PC." *Takes it and gets on next flight to Texas*

I feel bad for him.

How did he even split a card in half? I thought it would be physically impossible. Extreme system just to play a flash game? Man, that's a waste. 

I think my pofile image descibres my feelings

How did he even split a card in half? I thought it would be physically impossible. Extreme system just to play a flash game? Man, that's a waste. 

If you get mad enough it is possible, one time I got mad and ripped a towel dispenser off it's mounting screws.

There were also VIA and Cyrix (I think) chips back in the day.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)