Experiences with non-techies

I'll repeat what I said last time, literally anything posted on here and a correction by me is met with "Ah this shit again" when I have to explain that intel isn't always the answer and that their parents should of used a condom.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

33 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

most people just think they get smaller and more to a computer rather than improved arch or layout. Watch a crimesow, they cause the general computer ignorance of the public

*looks at big screen*

ah i bet its 12 cores

or when they call the PSU the hard drive and get data off of it, or when they can open a jpg and use special software to change the focus revealing people in a blurry reflection :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

29 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

I'll repeat what I said last time, literally anything posted on here and a correction by me is met with "Ah this shit again" when I have to explain that intel isn't always the answer and that their parents should of used a condom.

Same goes for Nvidia. 

Just now, Belgarathian said:

Same goes for Nvidia. 

I love my 970 87% Asic and 1670mhz core clock for benching 1630mhz stable. Need pascal to drop so I can hunt for a similar overclocking 970 and hard voltage mod them both.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

or when they call the PSU the hard drive and get data off of it, or when they can open a jpg and use special software to change the focus revealing people in a blurry reflection :D

my favorite was ncis "ill create a gui in visual basic and trace his ip" 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

8 hours ago, Bhav said:

Opera is the best browser.

That's purely opinion. I'd say Firefox paired with Google search (blech Bing) is the best IMO.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

5 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

my favorite was ncis "ill create a gui in visual basic and trace his ip" 

Ah, Hollywood. I wonder how their techs could stand working there, unless they also had no clue...

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

1 minute ago, MDPS said:

Ah, Hollywood. I wonder how their techs could stand working there, unless they also had no clue...

strange how none of the writers think to ask them for advice instead of just making up complete gibberish 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

32 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Limitless is a great show, apart from that PSU BS ... now when they have tech related stuff Brian just says it's boring so he shows the audience memes (last week was a "looping dog GIF), I guess the writers learned their lessons! lol

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

32 minutes ago, MDPS said:

That's purely opinion. I'd say Firefox paired with Google search (blech Bing) is the best IMO.

Having tried all browsers, opera is most superior.

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, RedWulf said:

single core 1.7ghz

Oh honey, you'll have to insert something else like a new CPU and GPU besides that RAM

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

strange how none of the writers think to ask them for advice instead of just making up complete gibberish 

Yeah you'd think a 2 minute convo with any of the tech people would be a thought bit no just jam works I've heard at best buy together

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

7 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

That is a feat in it of itself...

Like seriously, how do you break the case...that is supposed to be protecting the phone?

7 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

So she broke the case and then the phone! First I'm surprised that the PCBs aren't exposed yet, second did she just buy this cheap ass itty bitty bumper that does practically nothing?

I don't even know.

But she is incredibly ignorant when it comes to anything ever so slightly tech related.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"Let me just rotate this still image from a 240p camera like a 3d render to show the killer from the other side and then enhance his face so we can see it in HD"

3 hours ago, deWaardt said:

"Let me just rotate this still image from a 240p camera like a 3d render to show the killer from the other side and then enhance his face so we can see it in HD"

That just really hurts my brain. Like they even have this new show 'ncis cyber' and they still do that shit. They'll  have this dude that stole and Iphone and then they call it and using the calling phone copy all data to a random pc and get the location by 'hacking' into the phone

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

My brother was watching some TV show about phones and apps and there was an ad for a prebuilt NAS. They called it: "Your own personal cloud". That made really cringe.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

59 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

My brother was watching some TV show about phones and apps and there was an ad for a prebuilt NAS. They called it: "Your own personal cloud". That made really cringe.

well their correct sadly

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

13 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

That is a feat in it of itself...

Like seriously, how do you break the case...that is supposed to be protecting the phone?

this person should never have been allowed in this time period. if we ever discover time travel find her and take her as far back as possible before rocks even... if we let her near rocks she may break the earth somehow

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Screeninator:  Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
Powermathingy: EVGA 500W
Stickaminator: Crucial 16GB 「4x4GB」DDR3-1600
Procrastinator: Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Holdametalicizor:  Corsair 200R 
Noisoundacreator:  Razer kracken pro
Attatchamajiggy :  Asrock H97 Anniversairy ATX LGA1150
Remembrerthing:  i've got a-lot of drives
Flat-Colorful-Thing:  LG not actually sure the model of it
See-A-Move-O: Razer Mamba 2012
ButtonBoard:  Razer Deathstalker 

9 hours ago, Bhav said:

Having tried all browsers, opera is most superior.

im pretty sure opera is chrome based

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, DirtyDane said:

im pretty sure opera is chrome based

How is that even possible when opera was out for years before chrome?

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

How is that even possible when opera was out for years before chrome?

Opera switched to Chromium a few versions back...

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Oh, didn't know that.

its still a good browser man dont get me wrong my friend swears by it and while i dont use it ive heard good things about it

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Oh, didn't know that.

Yeah, not many people know!

From Opera version history;

http://www.opera.com/docs/history/

The information below describes version history for Opera browsers built using the WebKit/Chromium rendering engine, Opera versions 15.0 and above.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Oh, didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDane said:

its still a good browser man dont get me wrong my friend swears by it and while i dont use it ive heard good things about it

You can consider Opera a really lightweight Chrome. Their android version is amazing btw...