Experiences with non-techies

Earlier this week at school my teacher couldn't figure out how to get speakers to work on her projector, so some stupid boy and girl went up there and obviously had NO IDEA what they were doing. Later in that same period, she couldn't figure out how to put a disc into the disc drive on her laptop. xD The same guy from earlier went up and they fiddled around with it for a while until the kid figured out that you're supposed to push the disc down :lol: :lol: :lol:  before that though my teacher said "It says made for windows on the disc" :D oh my gosh

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

My media settings on my PC mean that anyone on the same same network can see the machine but can't access it. My mom was on her phone, can't remember what application but was complaining that I had access to her phone, had to explain that she can only see my device because we are on the same network.

Wow... Just... Wow... Everyone in the comments 4790k is faster then a 5820k xD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Wow... Just... Wow... Everyone in the comments 4790k is faster then a 5820k xD

That's because it's clocked higher and most games utilize no more than 4 threads.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's because it's clocked higher and most games utilize no more than 4 threads.

Yeah but games are starting to but if you've read what some of the people say they just sound stupid.

I recall one person saying the 4790k is better in rendering because of its 8 thread little does he know the 5820k has 12threads.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

have another one

@Echo off

color 02

:Start

tree

goto start

I feel sorry for @Echo

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

snip

So I was at school, my school uses TV to replace projector, ok nothing is wrong.

My teacher pulled her PC and somehow the TV became dark (No Signal).

Everybody was damn confused, nobody could fix it....

"It could be the PC! Restart it!" a friend of mine (boy) shouted

"No, it could be the mouse! Move the mouse around!" another friend (girl) shouted

"Uhh.... It could be the cable.... I mean HDMI cable." I said that

"Shut up Dim!" both boy and the girl

"Alright dude, chill."

Then this girl, who shouted me, wiggled the HDMI cable and it worked.

"So, *cough* did it work? *cough*"

"F*ck off Dim!"

"Alright dude <_<"

What a friend :mellow:

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Everything in this. Check out his other videos. His gaming setup is a laptop connected to a TV.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

4096 width is vertical lines from left to right, not horizontal. 1920x1080 vs 1920x1200. Both have same number of vertical lines. One has 120 less horizontal lines than the other. Playing 1080P movie, The 1920x1200 monitor with more horizontal space (lines) will result in 2 black bars on the top and bottom.

http://tvcalculator.com/index.html?f68bfb8d76c49e9036b44419ae6292cd

Vertical is up and down. Horizontal is left and right.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I honestly didn't read the OP posted that the OS is on SSD.

I already knew that defragmenting SSD is a bad thing.

The possible damage is greatly exaggerated. But it is absolutely pointless wear-and-tear.

@smashlaptop.bat person:

Did you use the one to execute all the batches at same time?

Make sure they don't make the non-techie mistake of throwing out the old one! Gotta be some ram in there that still works! ebay the mobo! (Guessing that the screen and HDD are likely GG)

...where does this forum software/GUI/website-deally hide the delete option?

I have't used a forum since forever. 4chan or Facebook and nothing in between. Not even reddit.

Everything in this. Check out his other videos. His gaming setup is a laptop connected to a TV.

The dislikes on that video though...

weT6Hgc.png

...where does this forum software hide the delete option?

I have't used a classic forum since forever. 4chan or Facebook and nothing in between.

Report the post you want deleted to a mod by clicking the report button ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------V

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Well my mom still doesnt understand how a cpu and gpu can get up to 50 to 80 c without starting a fire. Im like. mom................ please stop.  xD

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Vertical is up and down. Horizontal is left and right.

Yeah vertical is up and down and horizontal is left and right. I was also mentioning where they start and end. Vertical lines start at the left side of the screen and ends on the right. Horizontal lines starts at the top of the screen and ends at the bottom.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The possible damage is greatly exaggerated. But it is absolutely pointless wear-and-tear.

I knew that. :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

my steph sister is determined that an imac is superior to ALL computers.... even the titan supercomputer.... (help me enligthen her poor mind with a droplet of knowledge)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

my steph sister is determined that an imac is superior to ALL computers.... even the titan supercomputer.... (help me enligthen her poor mind with a droplet of knowledge)

Lost cause. Not worth the effort.

It's probably too late to RMA her huh ? :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

xD

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

HOW THE FUCK WOULD THAT WORK?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

HOW THE FUCK WOULD THAT WORK?

Life insurance?

Also 250th post.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Life insurance?

Also 250th post.

Oh. I was thinking of something else...

Something that can't physically happen....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!