Possible Alien Signals From Space ?

So for the past several years(8 years) their has been multiple radio frequencies that have been received from outer space. These radio transmissions come in on a "fast radio burst" and some scientist even started to think that this is no way a natural signal created by a natural event(like a super nova. Ext). Some scientist have called this a so called "Wakeup Call" from other intelligent life.

"These fast radio bursts could conceivably be 'wake up calls' from other societies, trying to prompt a response from any intelligent life that's outfitted with radio technology." - Dr. Seth Shostak

If this type of thing was to be created from a natural event, so let's say a super nova it would have a different Dispersion measure each time - however these fast burst radio signals are exactly the same at 187.5

So what do you think about these radio signals coming from outer space ? Are they from an alien species or do you think they are from a natural cause somewhere in the universe.

Links / sources

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02/radio-bursts-alien-signals_n_6984870.html

P.S - posted from my tablet, will fix some things and quote things on my of when I get a chance. I will also keep this updated.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

There is a whole lot left to explain and explore we have only just begun however it would not surprise me at all, in fact I'm 100% sure there is another colony of beings out there. The question I always think of is "How far ahead are they?" 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't think we know enough about the universe as a whole to draw conclusions like this.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

all i know is that if aliens exist they can be weirder than jelly fish.

....damn those things are messed up.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

If there is intelligent life that is trying to communicate to us, I don't see how they would specifically pick out radio frequencies to use to communicate. 

I highly doubt that aliens would be on the same wavelength as us in technology, even biologically, that is if these aliens were to consists of biological matter. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I think it's possible that life does exist, and i think they do. But i severely doubt that these transmissions are from 'aliens' or other life, just because chances of using similar technology seem pretty slim in my opinion. Chances that those creatures can send signals like us silly hoomans do seem kinda low too. Also as @DIV1D3 said, i don't think they would use the same wavelength as us

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

all i know is that if aliens exist they can be weirder than jelly fish.

....damn those things are messed up.

Wot u got against the lil phishys?

060119_jellyfish.jpg

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

If there is intelligent life that is trying to communicate to us, I don't see how they would specifically pick out radio frequencies to use to communicate. 

I highly doubt that aliens would be on the same wavelength as us in technology, even biologically, that is if these aliens were to consists of biological matter. 

i highly doubt them to exist, i mean, i dont believe in chance ''evolution'' or anything about that. but if they were to have come out and into existance like what evolution says ~we~ did, then i hope they're silicon based life forms. 

carbon is boring. science needs to advance more. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Wot u got against the lil phishys?

060119_jellyfish.jpg

BITCH U WANT ME TO JUST ACCEPT THAT AS PART OF MY LIFE?!?!?

NOOOOOO

SHITS WEIRD

ITS NOT EVEN ALIVE.

ITS JUST NATURES SICK JOKE OF AN ORGANISM, 

THEY'RE A PLANT WITH A NERVOUS SYSTEM AND 'MUSCLES'

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS IS VALID LOGIC

SCIENCE DOESNT EVEN LIKE IT. 

(sadly i have to put this here, because alot of people are either ignorant or idiotic enough not to see the comedy behind this. and i know few people are getting probably the best reference in all of alien talk)

-Jim Hensen

i highly doubt them to exist, i mean, i dont believe in chance ''evolution'' or anything about that. but if they were to have come out and into existance like what evolution says ~we~ did, then i hope they're silicon based life forms. 

wait, 

shit........

i said something smart.

SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

-Jim Hensen

You'd think the aliens would have a sense of humour, why didn't they choose 133.7?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Personally I believe that there is other life forms out there.

Now theres a difference between "life forms" and what everyone sees as Aliens.  

They could be freaking bacteria with no intelligence whatsoever, or they could be intelligent humanoid creatures, or not humanoid whatsoever and could look like slugs that are actually smarter than us.  Or anything in between.  It's also entirely possible that there is nothing at all.  I just believe that there is. 

The thing about these radio frequencies, is that radio waves actually travel really, really slow...  Whatever sent them (if something sent them) in order to contact other life in the cosmos, then they're probably millions of years past the point from when they first sent the signals, unless they are alarmingly close to us.  They could have pulled a humanity and destroyed their own planet and all other life on it within a few thousand years pretty easily as well. We probably will never know, and most definitely not in any of our lifetimes. 

It's pretty cool nonetheless

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

I think there definitely is a possiblity of another life somewhere out there. Our planet and the living beings here are just an incredibly tiny part of the universe so its not like we have to be the only ones out there.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Yeh, I really don't think there'll be too many life forms that are similar to us. 

I do believe that they would exist, because saying no to such a thing is close minded, we don't know the extent of the Universe (even the possibility of a Mulitverse). 

Long story short: Life forms other than humans exist, almost certainly not using the same technology as us. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

if there is inteligent life out there and they are further then us, ask the question.

will they be peacefull or are they formed by war like humans?

because if they aren't we will attack them and wipe out ourselves.

and if they are formed by war, are then the question is, are they here yet?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

wait, 

shit........

i said something smart.

SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

I would like to see Lead-based Organism .

And also why are we so sure that Radio signals will be pick up by other alien life forms ? The Math and Physics maybe different between world . Maybe They are sending out a signal as well ... I have no idea what I'm saying now so I'm gonna stop  ;)

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

if there is inteligent life out there and they are further then us, ask the question.

will they be peacefull or are they formed by war like humans?

because if they aren't we will attack them and wipe out ourselves.

and if they are formed by war, are then the question is, are they here yet?

If we're talking about species that have learnt how to jaunt around the galaxy with ease one assumes that their all but infinite access to resources would make violence almost entirely a thing of the past. Why fight over resources when one only need travel in a different direction to fine more and entirely avoid contact with others?

I suppose the possibility of a Covenant from Halo style psychotic religious order of FTL capable beings might be out there, but I tend to think that the level of science, technology and societal development needed to travel between stars will have put a fairly large dent in any religions that are still around.

Even Human explorers of space come to understand how futile violence against other Humans is in the face of the fact that they get to see Earth as the tiny pale blue dot that it truly is.

The sort of mind who could look back at Earth as a singular fragile entity and still justify violence against people from some other corner of it... Gotta wonder...

It all depends on the ideals we take with us when we finally head out there. And what kind of society we'll be when we decide that exploring the galaxy, or even the Solar system is a worthy cause. 

The analogy is either a Humanity like in Alien or a society like that of Star Trek. I know which I'd prefer.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Most probably a pulsar of some sort... ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Get your tinfoil hats y'all.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I'm not an expert in radio signals, but I'm pretty sure this sort of thing would have been distorted out of existance with all the interference there is in space and considering how far away we are from the nearest star system with planets that could be abitable... besides if we could receive that, there's no way the other race wouldn't have received at least a part of all the constant radio signals we send out all the time. By now they could have figured out how to send an image that we can decode over if they had been listening for long enough. It's also weird that we received no other signals if they use radio as much as we do.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It would be really stupid to believe we are the only life in the universe, stupid and impossible both scientifically and religiously. That said, I really hope the signals they picked up are of alien origin but I doubt it is. I want to finally be done with this and form the Galactic Republic where we all live in peace and prosperity, and insane technological advancements.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

To be honest the null hypothesis is that it's just a natural phenomena that we're not yet aware of (rather than an artifact created by an alien intelligence).

Also, it's useful to note that Huffington Post isn't a reliable source for this kind of thing. As great as they may otherwise be, when it comes to this type of stuff they "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

The "Wow! Signal" is (as far as I personally know at time of writing) the best example of a signal that might actually have originated from another intelligent species but again it's probably more likely the result of natural phenomenon and not the product of an extra terrestrial intelligence.

Basically it's much much more likely that there's still at least one or two undiscovered natural phenomena that are emitting this stuff. Personally I would think that if an extra terrestrial intelligence were to go to the trouble of creating transmissions on this scale then they'd at least stagger the transmission to create a binary profile. :0/ 

Some good info. on the "Wow! Signal" here...

Was the Wow! Signal Alien?

A signal received by a radio telescope in 1977 may be the best evidence yet for extraterrestrial intelligence.

http://skeptoid.com/audio/skeptoid-4342.mp3

www.skeptoid.com

Skeptoid: Critical Analysis of Pop Phenomena

More critical analysis of Alien and UFO pop phenomena here: http://skeptoid.com/episode_guide.php?cat=8

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Radio frequencies take forever to travel, just imagine how long it would take for something intelligent to respond to it.

I believe in other life, orgasms can pretty much grow anywhere, even in dark places with no oxygen and toxic chemicals. I would say intelligent life is pretty rare and maybe impossible to ever interact with them because we've only adapted to our own environment. Viruses, bacteria, and other crap can kill aliens before ever being able to make direct contact.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

The Drake equation is a probabilistic argument used to estimate the number of active, communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy

[...] 

The Drake equation is:

24b31e87c6c617382237ab57357bd539.png

where:
N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which radio-communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
and
R* = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[8]

Don't get me wrong, I think there's intelligence out there (if the universe is infinite (and if it is indeed expanding then I guess we have to assume it's not, although that's probably completely fallacious logic :rolleyes:) it's a statistical certainty that there's other life out there), I'm just not sure that we'll be able to find them within the lifespan of our species or that if we do, that we'll ever be able to reach them. :0/

I'm not sure about this however. I'd like to see the math (albeit translated into something I can understand) but my instinct (based on what I do know) is that it's an extremely remote possibility that we'll ever find other life, let alone be able to make some kind of physical contact with them, to the point of really being at least a "practical impossibility"? :0/

(I know right? Better double down on the sex-bots guys) :0/

I guess, basically what I'm saying is, don't bank on it? :0/

And if some alien intelligence did go out of it's way to make a detour to us, the only stuff we have that it couldn't get anywhere else on its route (as far as I know at time of writing) is chlorophyll and protein.   :unsure:

But, truly I"m not an expert on this stuff, I just have a keen interest and a desire to add to the discussion :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

wait, 

shit........

i said something smart.

SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

Someone should call the mental hospital with you quoting your own post. :huh:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.