Possible Alien Signals From Space ?

Yes and no...Nerds are the most amazing and productive people alive...The problem is that nobody has found out of way to direct the power of the nerds to a sufficient level for us to get an advanced society like that...

Instead, we have nerds doing shit like building a  working 16 bit computer in mine craft....If we could some how harness our productivity, we could take over the world....

The world run by nerds would be better than the world run by jocks that we have today.

Simple solution: Stop fighting natural selection. Make drinking and driving legal, get rid of seat belt laws and warnings that tell people not to stick their hands under the mower decks of running lawn mowers, and let nature take its course.

A great deal of them wouldn't live past high school lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Once you can go a fraction of the speed of light 1/10 even 1/20 it only take a few million more years to explore a galaxy. Being that the galaxy is only 20kish light years across. When to do travel, it will take a while and when we get there we wont be who we left. Really we're already on a space ship going through the galaxy at a brisk pace, we arent the same as we were when we started, check out how many wisdom teeth people have, we are losing them very rapidly. Compared to other things...

Once you can go a fraction of the speed of light 1/10 even 1/20 it only take a few million more years to explore a galaxy. Being that the galaxy is only 20kish light years across. When to do travel, it will take a while and when we get there we wont be who we left. Really we're already on a space ship going through the galaxy at a brisk pace, we arent the same as we were when we started, check out how many wisdom teeth people have, we are losing yhem very rapidly.

That's if you assume that Einstein was correct. There's a reason it's still a "theory" and not a law of physics. Mainly because the claim that nothing can travel faster than light is impossible to prove (because it's a negative statement). Kind of like "you can't prove god doesn't exist" you can only say "there is no proof that he exists". There is no proof that we have found that shows something can move faster than light.

I remain hopeful that we'll find a way around it though, a universe where interstellar travel is impossible doesn't make any sense at all.

Simple solution: Stop fighting natural selection. Make drinking and driving legal, get rid of seat belt laws and warnings that tell people not to stick their hands under the mower decks of running lawn mowers, and let nature take its course.

We should just completely return to the nature ways then. Nothing should be illegal. If we stop fighting crime, people are going to die....a lot......

Are you sure you were not a wise woman in a fictional british comedy in a previous life?

"Wise woman: Hail Edmund, Lord of Adders Black.

Blackadder: Hello.

Wise woman: Say no more, for already I see thy bloody purpose.  Thou plottest Blackadder, thou wouldst be king, and drown Middlesex in a bath of wine!  (laughs maniacly)

Blackadder: No its much worse than that.  I'm in love with my manservant.

Wise woman: Oh well.  I'd sleep with him if I were you.

Blackadder: What?!?!?!?!?

Wise woman: When I fancy people I sleep with them.  Oh, I have to drug them first of course, being so old and warty.

Blackadder: But what about my position, my social life?

Wise woman: Oh well then.  Three other paths are open to you, three cunning plans to cure thine ailment.

Blackadder: Oh, good.

Wise woman: The first is simple.  Kill Bob!

Blackadder: Never!

Wise woman: Then try the second.  Kill yourself!

Blackadder: Hmmmm.  The third?

Wise woman: The third is to ensure that no one else ever knows.

Blackadder: Now that sounds a bit more like it.  How?

Wise woman: Kill everybody in the whole world!  (laughs maniacly)"

Your solutions are similar :P

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

We should just completely return to the nature ways then. Nothing should be illegal. If we stop fighting crime, people are going to die....a lot......

Are you sure you were not a wise woman in a fictional british comedy in a previous life?

"Wise woman: Hail Edmund, Lord of Adders Black.

Blackadder: Hello.

Wise woman: Say no more, for already I see thy bloody purpose.  Thou plottest Blackadder, thou wouldst be king, and drown Middlesex in a bath of wine!  (laughs maniacly)

Blackadder: No its much worse than that.  I'm in love with my manservant.

Wise woman: Oh well.  I'd sleep with him if I were you.

Blackadder: What?!?!?!?!?

Wise woman: When I fancy people I sleep with them.  Oh, I have to drug them first of course, being so old and warty.

Blackadder: But what about my position, my social life?

Wise woman: Oh well then.  Three other paths are open to you, three cunning plans to cure thine ailment.

Blackadder: Oh, good.

Wise woman: The first is simple.  Kill Bob!

Blackadder: Never!

Wise woman: Then try the second.  Kill yourself!

Blackadder: Hmmmm.  The third?

Wise woman: The third is to ensure that no one else ever knows.

Blackadder: Now that sounds a bit more like it.  How?

Wise woman: Kill everybody in the whole world!  (laughs maniacly)"

Your solutions are similar :P

Not entirely. I'm just saying stop helping the stupid quite so much. And actually blame people for their ignorance.

That's if you assume that Einstein was correct. There's a reason it's still a "theory" and not a law of physics. Mainly because the claim that nothing can travel faster than light is impossible to prove (because it's a negative statement). Kind of like "you can't prove god doesn't exist" you can only say "there is no proof that he exists". There is no proof that we have found that shows something can move faster than light.

I remain hopeful that we'll find a way around it though, a universe where interstellar travel is impossible doesn't make any sense at all.

most of the laws in science are based off of math theory, take it allwith a grain of salt, i for one don't believe in real numbers, or i hold them in great skepticism. There is a limit on how much energy you can fit in a given space, at the plank lenght it about the weight of a flee, a shit ton for such a small space. Theres no reason for the speed limit it just is, it can also be derived from some electromagnetism equations. Info can only travel so fast, check out v sauces speed of dark. Also chances of us leaving the solar system is less than me winning the lottery consecutively. Never make it if we don't try.

most of the laws in science are based off of math theory, take it allwith a grain of salt, i for one don't believe in real numbers, or i hold them in great skepticism. There is a limit on how much energy you can fit in a given space, at the plank lenght it about the weight of a flee, a shit ton for such a small space. Theres no reason for the speed limit it just is, it ca also be derived from some electromagnetism equations. Info can only travel so fast, check out v sauces speed of dark.

I've seen that video.

Point remains, the statement that "nothing can travel faster than X" is still an impossible statement, given the idea of an "infinite universe". It would require you to be able to test the speed of well...everything in the universe, that will ever exist, to be considered "true"

Wow the narrow mindedness of these two statements is beyond comprehension to think that people can be judged by there interests is moronic you can't put people in to categories like that and you certainly can't judge someones intelligence by it. People from all walks of life contribute to the collective knowledge of our race in many different ways. You clearly believe that you are more intelligent than the rest of us which is a strong indication that you are in fact a moron. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I've seen that video.

Point remains, the statement that "nothing can travel faster than X" is still an impossible statement, given the idea of an "infinite universe".

could be finite awell, could be everything that travel faster doesn't interact with us, would never know. We only know a lot of this stuff because we made some head way in differential geometry in the late 1800s. Euclid last axiom isn't correct, well it is in normal space.

Wow the narrow mindedness of these two statements is beyond comprehension to think that people can be judged by there interests is moronic you can't put people in to categories like that and you certainly can't judge someones intelligence by it. People from all walks of life contribute to the collective knowledge of our race in many different ways. You clearly believe that you are more intelligent than the rest of us which is a strong indication that you are in fact a moron. 

I hate to tell you, but the human brain works by seeking and identifying patterns, and you certainly can put people into patterns and categories, it just depends on how big or small that category might be. I'm not "narrow minded" I'm intelligent enough to realize that we are not all unique or even special. Quite a lot of us appear to be inconsequential or average at best. The problem I have with the large majority of people is their belief (subconscious or conscious) that their lives are somehow more important than the future of the species. The idea that "everyone has infinite potential" only counts for people who try to make themselves better (intellectually speaking). I find people who play sports, and politicians, to be considerably worthless as they don't actual contribution to society, and spare me the inclusion of charities, the money for those charities comes from the rest of us, which makes their "charitable actions" actually ours since we decided to give them money instead of doing something intelligent with it.

Also, if you're going to make an argument, make a valid point, don't just end with insulting your opponent.

I hate to tell you, but the human brain works by seeking and identifying patterns, and you certainly can put people into patterns and categories, it just depends on how big or small that category might be. I'm not "narrow minded" I'm intelligent enough to realize that we are not all unique or even special. Quite a lot of us appear to be inconsequential or average at best. The problem I have with the large majority of people is their belief (subconscious or conscious) that their lives are somehow more important than the future of the species.

Also, if you're going to make an argument, make a valid point, don't just end with insulting your opponent.

First of I didn't say that the human brain doesn't work by recognizing patterns I also didn't say you can't put people in to categories, You can arrange people in to any category you want the only limiting factor is the common subject you choose for example, all of the people in group B enjoy sports whilst all the people in group A don't. I think if you actually read and try to understand what I was saying was that you can't judge peoples intelligence by those categories as they have nothing to do with a persons intelligence like the groups/categories which you chose with your narrow mind to collate people in to. Even if people were to be arranged in to categories of intelligence there would be no way of saying that one group was more intelligent than the other only that one group were more versed in the particular type of intelligence you chose to judge them on. And as far as a group of people deciding that there lives are more important than the future of the many species that live on earth I couldn't agree more and that would also be a perfect example of the complexity of intelligence as it could be argued that your point was based out of intelligence further more a shared belief that two people of totally different views on life can agree on.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

First of I didn't say that the human brain doesn't work by recognizing patterns I also didn't say you can't put people in to categories, You can arrange people in to any category you want the only limiting factor is the common subject you choose for example, all of the people in group B enjoy sports whilst all the people in group A don't. I think if you actually read and try to understand what I was saying was that you can't judge peoples intelligence by those categories as they have nothing to do with a persons intelligence like the groups/categories which you chose with your narrow mind to collate people in to. Even if people were to be arranged in to categories of intelligence there would be no way of saying that one group was more intelligent than the other only that one group were more versed in the particular type of intelligence you chose to judge them on. And as far as a group of people deciding that there lives are more important than the future of the many species that live on earth I couldn't agree more and that would also be a perfect example of the complexity of intelligence as it could be argued that your point was based out of intelligence further more a shared belief that two people of totally different views on life can agree on.

1. Punctuation, use some.

2. Intelligence is meaningless if not used for something.

You can be the most intelligent football player in the world, but in the end, you're still just a football player, and what you do for a living has no actual, tangible benefit to society. Entertainment is a cultural gain, not a physical, tangible one, compared with say, curing cancer, inventing penicillin, etc. All you really do, is chase a ball, or hit people.

Some jobs and interests are more beneficial to society than others.

1. Punctuation, use some.

2. Intelligence is meaningless if not used for something.

You can be the most intelligent football player in the world, but in the end, you're still just a football player, and what you do for a living has no actual, tangible benefit to society. Entertainment is a cultural gain, not a physical, tangible one, compared with say, curing cancer, inventing penicillin, etc. All you really do, is chase a ball, or hit people.

Some jobs and interests are more beneficial to society than others.

So punctuation is what you picked up from that. And there you go again deciding what's good for society. Obviously curing cancer would be immensely good for society as a whole but that doesn't mean it's not important for people to have culture. Happiness is a very underrated gift of life and it all once again comes down to opinion. There are many ways in which someone can contribute to society and personally I feel any contribution to society is something to be proud of.    

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass