The Apple Watch Reviews are Here (Verge, NYT, CNET, etc.)

Nope. Doesn't look appealing at all. I don't like the design and I see no use for most of its gimmicks. My Pebble Steel still seems like a much better option (for me at least). But people will still buy it and for a large part of the mainstream audience this will still be the first ever smart watch that then Apple must have invented. (I also don't like Apple, so that might influence my decision)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

i dont like how they designed it to be an hybrid of its own separate device and an extension of a phone because then it achieves neither very well

I like the design but I won't be picking up a first gen watch. Ima wait for the next model as it will hopeful be a nice upgrade and will justify its price to me. Plus in a year I'll have more money and that helps when buying "toys" :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I wish they made a blue modern clasp in 42mm, I probably won't buy one since its either that or a sony rx100 mk3 and I'm traveling a lot this year, so the camera it is this year, apple watch gen 2 next year. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Probably getting one, maybe even the Stainless Black with black stainless strap. 

I eagerly await people of LTT to tell me how I'm bad for spending my money this way (when you all know you spend just as much on equally useless shit, but thats none of my business now is it?) 

I think you're an idiot for wasting money on a smart watch, i don't care that it's from apple :)

JK i don't really care. I have a 290x and game at 1080p, i'm in no position to judge anyone

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I think you're an idiot for wasting money on a smart watch, i don't care that it's from apple :)

JK i don't really care. I have a 290x and game at 1080p, i'm in no position to judge anyone

I spent 1200 more on a lens just to gain 0.2 in aperture wideness. 

Can't ascribe logic to some purchasing decisions, at all. 

Then 300 dollars or whatever it is for a watch is relatively small.

it must be nice having money

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

its a luxury device, designed to add some convenience and fun, its far from essential, but in the future, it will make more and more sense

I wouldn't buy the first gen device personally. I smell another iPad here :D

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

mmm wide apetures :3, next lens is a 50 f0.95 mark my words

I wouldn't buy the first gen device personally. I smell another iPad here :D

Potentially yes, I think things can only get better from here

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Welp, the lag only proves one thing- Apple animations are super expensive and demanding whether it's on OS X, iOS, or watch. Here's to hoping that the future updates improve performance without simplifying animations (like windows and android).

650u0w.jpg

Apple Watch has been released and the reviews are out. Now at first, they seem positive, but once you start getting into the details of what the reviewers say, it's clear: the reviews are brutal. Sad because many will not read the full reviews and dive into the specifics of it. Many will just read the headlines and it will be enough for them to go out and buy one. Also many reviewers disguise their complaints by adding compliments.

Here are some of the comments made by reviewers, once you read the reviews thoroughly (these are all taken from current popular reviews):

• Topolsky says that the Watch too often interrupts him with notifications while he's trying to do other things.

• Patel says the Watch is too slow. 

• Manjoo says the Watch, unlike the iPhone or iPad, is not for "tech novices."

• Manjoo also says Watch apps don't work very well

• Manjoo says you have to use Siri to use the Watch, and Siri still stinks.

• Patel says the Watch, unlike the iPhone, requires two hands to use.

• Topolsky says the Watch isn't a very good watch.

• Patel says it's not as good as an iPod at playing music.

• Patel says it's not a very good communications device. 

• Re/Code's Lauren Goode says the Watch isn't very fashionable.

• Yahoo's David Pogue says the Watch's software is hard to navigate. 

• The WSJ's Joanna Stern tells her friends to wait till next year to buy a Watch. 

• Patel says the Watch isn't a great fitness tracker.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-watch-reviews-are-bad-2015-4

Read the full article to get the full quotes in detail. Nothing too surprising here, I just don't think a watch is something that needs to have extended technology behind it right now. It's made for telling time. Sure people will buy it, and sure people will say they need it. But in my opinion I think the market needs to mature before this technology becomes even close to being adopted. Since people have their cellphones in their pockets the majority of the time, there is no real need for the watch. They need to work on developing them to become the actual phone rather than something that simply connects to a phone. Once this happens, they will make more sense. 

apple-watch-141.jpg 

Apple Watch reviews are out today.At first, they seem positive.For example, New York Times tech reviewer Farhad Manjoo writes that he "fell" for the gadget — "fell hard."

The Verge's Nilay Patel says it is "the first smartwatch that might legitimately become a mainstream product."

BloombergBusiness's Joshua Topolsky says "you'll want one…After using it, I had no question that the Apple Watch is the most advanced piece of wearable technology you can buy today."

But once you start getting into the details of what the reviewers say, it's clear: the reviews are brutal. 

• Topolsky says that the Watch too often interrupts him with notifications while he's trying to do other things.  "I’m in a meeting with 14 people, in mid-sentence, when I feel a tap-tap-tap on my wrist… A version of this happens dozens of times throughout the day—for messages, e-mails, activity achievements, tweets, and so much more. Wait a second. Isn’t the promise of the Apple Watch to help me stay in the moment, focused on the people around me and undisturbed by the mesmerizing void of my iPhone? So why do I suddenly feel so distracted?
  • Patel says the Watch is too slow. "The Apple Watch, as I reviewed it for the past week and a half, is kind of slow. There’s no getting around it, no way to talk about all of its interface ideas and obvious potential and hints of genius without noting that sometimes it stutters loading notifications."
  • Manjoo says the Watch, unlike the iPhone or iPad, is not for "tech novices." " There’s a good chance it will not work perfectly for most consumers right out of the box, because it is best after you fiddle with various software settings to personalize use. "
  • Manjoo also says Watch apps don't work very well. "The Uber app didn’t load for me, the Twitter app is confusing and the app for Starwood hotels mysteriously deleted itself and then hung up on loading when I reinstalled it."

Source

There are more at source. I cant belive people payed for this, at the 10K one lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

mmm wide apetures :3, next lens is a 50 f0.95 mark my words

Potentially yes, I think things can only get better from here

Yup exactly. The second generation could be leaps and bounds ahead of the current model, so I'd wait personally... First gen products no matter the company tend to kinda suck anyway...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344075-apple-watch-reviews-the-results-are-bad/

Not sure who started on their topic first, but this has already been posted :/

lmao posted at the same exact time :o

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

ouch thats harsh but people will get it because apple

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This feels like a cherry picking of the bad side. Also, that first complaint is more his fault than the watch's unless it's way of delivering notifications is intrusive on the overall experience.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This feels like a cherry picking of the bad side. Also, that first complaint is more his fault than the watch's unless it's way of delivering notifications is intrusive on the overall experience.

Here's the full quote from that statement:

I’m in a meeting with 14 people, in mid-sentence, when I feel a tap-tap-tap on my wrist… A version of this happens dozens of times throughout the day—for messages, e-mails, activity achievements, tweets, and so much more. Wait a second. Isn’t the promise of the Apple Watch to help me stay in the moment, focused on the people around me and undisturbed by the mesmerizing void of my iPhone? So why do I suddenly feel so distracted?"

Here's the full quote from that statement:

But is he saying that he can't control what notification content is pushed to Watch, or is it just him not controlling what is pushed? Surely he would feel less distracted if less relevant/important data was left for his phone.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

People buying this watch are stupid.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I'd agree with this. Though I do feel the "smart watch" has left the relm of "watch" and entered into the category of "wrist PDA" or "wrist PC". This is why I still love my pebble steel v1.0. First and foremost is a watch but it gives you notifications as well. Plus there are some apps you can install if you choose so but I have not.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

But is he saying that he can't control what notification content is pushed to Watch, or is it just him not controlling what is pushed? Surely he would feel less distracted if less relevant/important data was left for his phone.

I know with pebble I can have notifications on my phone with out getting them pushed to pebble.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Dem quotes tho.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650