The Apple Watch Reviews are Here (Verge, NYT, CNET, etc.)

The Apple Crotch (i mean watch) looks good, and um... looks good? The little OS on it looks kinda, good? Right?

apel y u do dis 2 uz?? ;_;

Those pricing options are just insane!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

ouch thats harsh but people will get it because apple

Aye, can't wait for an avalanche of loyal users to scream "Nooo! Our king is not naked! LOOOK AT HIS BEAUTIFUL MODERN OUTFIT!!!!!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

But is he saying that he can't control what notification content is pushed to Watch, or is it just him not controlling what is pushed? Surely he would feel less distracted if less relevant/important data was left for his phone.

I don't watch TV so I'm not sure how it was marketed, I haven't seen any marketing for it personally so I don't know what angle they tried to take when pitching the product. But from my understanding from what he is saying, apparently the watch was supposed to keep you updated without the actual distractions of having your phone. It appears he is saying that this product does the exact opposite. I'm not sure if it's because the notification system is limited in what you can modify (control) or if it's him not actually taking advantage of these controllable notification options if they exist. 

This feels like a cherry picking of the bad side. Also, that first complaint is more his fault than the watch's unless it's way of delivering notifications is intrusive on the overall experience.

Yeah I agree. As much as I don't like Apple, his complaint really isn't the watch's fault. Unless of course there is no "mute" option on the Apple Watch like there is on Android Wear watches or at least the option to block apps.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

People buying this watch are stupid.

stupid is harsh, its expensive sure, but its only a bit of money and its a solid piece of kit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

stupid is harsh, its expensive sure, but its only a bit of money and its a solid piece of kit

It carries a pretty large price premium over similar products. More than a bit of money ;)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

It carries a pretty large price premium over similar products. More than a bit of money ;)

it carries a premium but in my view is a better product, technically for somebody who doesnt use android phones, there are limited options, and the apple watch seems a fantastic device from reviews and seeing it in action

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dem quotes tho.

That's all I read and had a pretty fun time doing so. Especially the one about Siri stinking :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

it carries a premium but in my view is a better product, technically for somebody who doesnt use android phones, there are limited options, and the apple watch seems a fantastic device from reviews and seeing it in action

I'll have to determine if it's a better product when I get my hands on one. Having used several android wear devices already. That goes for every single person on this thread that comments on something having not used it yet :)

Hail Sithis!

It seems reviews say this is the best smartwatch as of yet. But like other smart watches its not yet reached its potential.

Every smart watch is lacking in some way and it will be a problem until we get good batteries.

I feel like what most people say, it's not really practical yet, I don't even have a smart phone!  However when they go down in price, and are actually useful for more than notifications and sending texts, then yeah I'm all for it.  But again battery life will prob suck which isn't cool...

the only problem i have with this device is that it seems people forgot android wear is a thing, it does almost the same thing, expect for the custom emojis (which seems to be useless anyways), apple pay ( i admit that is a nice bonus) and the draw thingy to other Awatchs (again useless) everything else can be done on wear, the biggest advantage apple has vs wear is the hardware, which is to be expected if they want to charge a minimum of 400$, a price range that wear devices aren't available ATM, and the biggest reason Awatch will probably smite wear despite not being better that it, is the massive marketing machine apple has put behind it, something that i will never understand google isn't doing so, the literally announced wear like "k, this thing does this, here you go, soon in retailers" its like they give a damn about it

yeah the Awatch is not bad, it has first gen problems like everything, but i don't see the software being better that wear, or the device in general too, if you could get official wear support on iOS, i don't see the reason someone should buy this, seriously the greatest advantage Awatch has is that its main competitor doesn't run on the companion device the Awatch needs

lastly, i like how the verge went to fashion reporters and said the Awatch isn't a device that should be owned by its looks, so get rekt on that apple

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

SNIP

I simply prefer the look of the device and the OS, it will probably integrate really nicely to the apple Eco system too

I can't wait for the member reviews @beebskadoo

Reviews from actual people instead of tech reviewers will be rather interesting. 

Also, agreed @Misanthrope

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Was debating on picking up a steel Watch at launch...

Now, i'll wait 1-2 months and see how reviews and will likely pick up a used one.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Here's the full quote from that statement:

I'm sure there is going to be a 'do not disturb' feature in the watch software, so this really isn't an issue unless the end-user wants it to be  :D

I for one would love one of these, it's just the pricetag that sets me back. They are definitely the most 'stylish' smart watches, most end users will love it because they think :aesthetics > functionality

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

I like how everyone in the media is giving this watch a chance but for every other one , even the decent ones they clamp down on it so hard. ah the apple-infatuated world we live in.

I like how everyone in the media is giving this watch a chance but for every other one , even the decent ones they clamp down on it so hard. ah the apple-infatuated world we live in.

Maybe its because some of the other smart watch offerings have been pretty lack-lustre in design, performance, looks and build quality

There has been plenty of coverage of the others though

Maybe its because some of the other smart watch offerings have been pretty lack-lustre in design, performance, looks and build quality

ios8-still066.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

There has been plenty of coverage of the others though

yea thats true. but I did say the Better designed ones. Theres been alot of late.

Also if ppl can diss on the moto 360 for being abit laggy -> But iwatch with it's middling perf it's okay?

Battery life of one day urgh horrible on android wear -> Apple watch it's fine?

wow dual standards haha

But don;t mind me. I don;t hate the apple watch, i just hate the amount of free passes they get. IT DOESN'T help anyone but Apple themselves. 

SNIP

The moto 360 is a decent looker, but has plenty of short comings, they failed to make a round display, which cuts off some notifications, it has a super old slow processor, super poor battery life etc

The apple watch seems to have all day battery life, not forgetting its emergency time mode, which android wear does not have, middling performance is not the same as judder and slowdowns

Its not getting a free pass.. all the reviews say " probably the best smartwatch yet.. but far from perfect"

I think functionality wise, aesthetically, that it comes in 2 sizes, awesome band and colour options etc - its got more right than it has wrong, and just needs battery battery life, a bit more performance etc and I think it will be close to perfect