Why no one talks about the 295x2 being an option?

theelitegamer

I kinda wish I got a 295x2 over my 970 SLI, as it would of been cheaper, and I have wished of having one ever since it came out. However in my personal preference I would like to stick to 2 GPUs instead of 1 dual GPU card because I switch hardware in my systems a lot. My current main rig also actually helps cool my room as long as I am not gaming since they don't product much heat, and I have so many fans. :)

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I kinda wish I got a 295x2 over my 970 SLI, as it would of been cheaper, and I have wished of having one ever since it came out. However in my personal preference I would like to stick to 2 GPUs instead of 1 dual GPU card because I switch hardware in my systems a lot. My current main rig also actually helps cool my room as long as I am not gaming since they don't product much heat, and I have so many fans. :)

I love Nvidia don't get me wrong, but I think the 295x2 is overlooked like how the gtx 690 was overlooked. It is what it is though. I'll still get a gtx 980 or sell my soul for a titan x

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I love Nvidia don't get me wrong, but I think the 295x2 is overlooked like how the gtx 690 was overlooked. It is what it is though. I'll still get a gtx 980 or sell my soul for a titan x

If I hadn't of gotten my 970s for a really good price, and I waited for the 295x2 to drop in price I probably would of gotten it.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

295x2 is one bad mofo but that's only if SLI works perfectly, if not then 50% is wasted. I can't live with those odds when it comes to games. Rather just have 1 card and deal with it. I saw the 7990 for cheap on ebay and even though it beats my card.... I'm not going to risk it. The HEAT, Power Draw...everything..... nah....

The big problem with the 295x2 is that is huge and needs a fan mount with enough room for a rad, which rules it out for a lot of cases. It's also kind of hard to recommend at the moment with the 390x on the horizon, if that comes close in benchmarks it would be a better bet for most.

You would overcharge your friends? Sounds like something Putin would do.

Ofcourse I would. I'm a businessman

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Ofcourse I would. I'm a businessman

Maybe you should change the topic of that thread you created... you don´t have 4 Titan X.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

It has a 600 Watt TDP. I think at this point the heat comments are justified.

Obviously when it is a dual GPU card, quit it, plenty of people said it already and yes, the power draw is high. Stop it now you insufferable airhorn.

I'd take a Titan X over a 295x2 anyday, and it's not a single gpu card anyway "2 titan xs destroys a 295x2". Still a great single card though...

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

It's cooler than a 780 Ti? And by a nice margin too...I don't hear any "780, nVIDIA" heat jokes

The R9 295X2 produces loads and loads of heat, but it dissipates that heat very well in comparison to the 780 Ti.

Are you really going to tell me that at 500W power draw, it produces less heat than a 780 Ti? Pffffffffff.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Maybe you should change the topic of that thread you created... you don´t have 4 Titan X.

Maybe you should worry about your own threads and stfu about mine. :)

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

The R9 295X2 produces loads and loads of heat, but it dissipates that heat very well in comparison to the 780 Ti.

Are you really going to tell me that at 500W power draw, it produces less heat than a 780 Ti? Pffffffffff.

It vents the heat completely out of your case AND keeps the card very cool, If I remember right from reviews temps were in the low 60s under load, so how much heat it "produces" is basically irrelevant.

Two Titan Xs likely would produce a shit ton of heat as well, only due to their barely adequate blower cooler do not keep the cards cool. I haven't heard anyone mention the heat the Titan X produces or power it draws.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Maybe you should worry about your own threads and stfu about mine. :)

Okay then maybe you should stop being an imposter... it´s not about your epeen.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I'd take a Titan X over a 295x2 anyday, and it's not a single gpu card anyway "2 titan xs destroys a 295x2". Still a great single card though...

There's also a $400 gap between the cards.  It's not really fair to compare the two.

It vents the heat completely out of your case AND keeps the card very cool, If I remember right from reviews temps were in the low 60s under load, so how much heat it "produces" is basically irrelevant.

Those are load temperatures on a water cooling loop, I'm sure the Titan X could reach that same temperature or better if it had an AIO on it. What's funny is the fact that the Titan X doesn't need an AIO to run. The 295X2 might not need an AIO, but the air coolers that do exist for it... are massive.

How much actual heat the card produces is still very relevant, because it's not going to disappear, it's going to turn into a miniature radiator for your room. Honestly, when AMD chip owners themselves tell me their rooms heat up, I have a hard time believing it's "irrelevant."

Two Titan Xs likely would produce a shit ton of heat as well, only due to their barely adequate blower cooler do not keep the cards cool. I haven't heard anyone mention the heat the Titan X produces or power it draws.

Breaking news, the grass is green! It's two high end cards with a 250W TDP, I'm sure even dual Titans (non-X) will get pretty hot, too. In comparison to AMD, though, a single 290X does produce a lot more heat than a single Titan X, so chances are, a dual 290X will also produce more heat than a dual 295X2

Maybe you haven't heard of the heat output of the Titan X because it isn't quite the same miniature radiator that the 290X is, but that's just a guess, I don't own the Titan X to verify. Also, people have commented on the power draw of the Titan X, and while it is pretty high, typically people say it has a significantly higher performance per watt than the 290X, so it's justifiable. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

There's also a $400 gap between the cards.  It's not really fair to compare the two.

It's not price gap "original price anyway was $1,500MSRP", it's the fact it's a dual gpu card, not single like the Titan X.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Obviously when it is a dual GPU card, quit it, plenty of people said it already and yes, the power draw is high. Stop it now you insufferable airhorn.

Insults. Nice. 300W TDP for a single GPU is monstrous. 600W is absurdly high even for dual GPU.

Insults. Nice. 300W TDP for a single GPU is monstrous. 600W is absurdly high even for dual GPU.

Yes, insults, because you are the 4th person to say it , we get it.

Also that's hardly 'monstrous'. That is at  full load and probably OCed a bit. So 600W does make sense. It's doubled, that's not absurdly high, that's just math.

Yes, insults, because you are the 4th person to say it , we get it.

Also that's hardly 'monstrous'. That is at  full load and probably OCed a bit. So 600W does make sense. It's doubled, that's not absurdly high, that's just math.

600W is high, even for a dual GPU card. 300W is a lot for a single GPU card and is the entire reason the stock 290X was so bad. Stop being a ridiculous fanboy.

600W is high, even for a dual GPU card. 300W is a lot for a single GPU card and is the entire reason the stock 290X was so bad. Stop being a ridiculous fanboy.

Stock 290X, but who buys those, I am not being a fanboy, I am just annoyed beyond belief at people who overblow the situation. Also the 290x was never a bad card, just more power hungry than the Nvidia cards (Not to mention the 780ti coming close in power draw but you don't hear shit about that)

Stock 290X, but who buys those, I am not being a fanboy, I am just annoyed beyond belief at people who overblow the situation. Also the 290x was never a bad card, just more power hungry than the Nvidia cards (Not to mention the 780ti coming close in power draw but you don't hear shit about that)

I'm not saying it's a bad card. Wtf are you even reading any of this? It has a massive TDP, therefore people comment on its heat output and you're getting personally offended.

Putting a better cooler on it doesn't magically stop it emitting heat. I swear Linus needs to do a Techquickie on the difference between heat and temperature because there's literally like 4 people on this forum who understand that they aren't the same thing.

I'm not saying it's a bad card. Wtf are you even reading any of this? 

the entire reason the stock 290X was so bad.

That's where I read it.. -_-

No, it doesn't make it stop emitting heat, but I didn't say that anywhere, just saying that the situation is very overblown, in fact, I admitted it is true if you look some posts up before you posted in this very thread, I said I am okay with it

That's where I read it.. -_-

No, it doesn't make it stop emitting heat, but I didn't say that anywhere, just saying that the situation is very overblown, in fact, I admitted it is true if you look some posts up before you posted in this very thread, I said I am okay with it

Homfg seriously? The STOCK 290X is a bad card because it throttles. I never said that ALL 290Xs were bad cards.

At this point you are clearly more interested in twisting my words to suit your own agenda over having an actual discussion regarding the TDP of the 290X. The 290X is a space heater, whatever system of fans you put on it. Two of them is an extreme space heater, and people will not shut up about this just because it makes you cry.

Homfg seriously? The STOCK 290X is a bad card because it throttles. I never said that ALL 290Xs were bad cards.

At this point you are clearly more interested in twisting my words to suit your own agenda over having an actual discussion regarding the TDP of the 290X. The 290X is a space heater, whatever system of fans you put on it. Two of them is an extreme space heater, and people will not shut up about this just because it makes you cry.

Not a 'space heater', exactly what I am talking about, this level of overexxageration. 

The TDP is high, but not extremely high as people make it out to be, end of discussion really, you're making it out to be far more than it really is and when somebody says it isn't so bad you get sand in your vagina. 

If you really think it's weird for 290X's to have a combined power draw of 600W then I don't know what to say to you since it's a dual GPU card, end of story. 290x's, 2 of them, one being 300W,x= 600.

If that's high for you then too bad, don't buy it, you can call it a space heater if you want, that's really your decision, I however find no issue with my own card, I don't imagine a second one will make my room really hot either.

Anyway, best to put you on ignore and you do the same with me, since we can't agree.