Why no one talks about the 295x2 being an option?

theelitegamer

Bonjour folks, I just have a small question. How come people don't consider 295x2 in ''best bang for the buck builds''? It's almost on par performance with the big boy titan x and is 300 dollars less? I'm trying to see what is the problem?  

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Because it's not a "good bang for the buck" 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Requires a rad mount

lots of power

etc

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Also cross fire support can be flakey, not everyone has the space either or the power supply to back it up. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They do. But when people have the budget for a more expensive, newer card that will have a less chance of a failure, we will recommend it over an old card.

Its very powerful, but its basically a space heater

Please go away with statements like these, Enough with the heat jokes. 295x from what I heard is pretty cool actually.

I used the wrong term 

I used the wrong term 

They do. But when people have the budget for a more expensive, newer card that will have a less chance of a failure, we will recommend it over an old card.

When you say failure, you mean like DOA and such or simply setting it up?

The 295x2 is a fantastic option, especially at it's current price point. If you have $600+, do not hesitate to buy one.

But to be fair, you better be bringing a good PSU. ;)

As stated above, you may encounter some games that do not fair well in a CrossFire configuration, but other than that, the 295x2 is an absolute monster.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

It's cooler than a 780 Ti? And by a nice margin too...I don't hear any "780, nVIDIA" heat jokes

Please go away with statements like these, Enough with the heat jokes. 295x from what I heard is pretty cool actually.

I don;t have it, its just what I have heard, I guess I was wrong :D

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

The GPU itself stays cool because of the liquid cooling. it still pumps out an ungodly amount of heat into your room as a direct consequence of consuming up to 500 watts of power. Same goes for most SLI / Crossfire configurations. More power consumption = more heat generated, which is independent of how well the cores themselves are being cooled.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

It's cooler than a 780 Ti? And by a nice margin too...I don't hear any "780, nVIDIA" heat jokes

I don;t have it, its just what I have heard, I guess I was wrong :D

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

Nobody talks about the R9 295X2 because it's expensive relative to its performance. Depending on Crossfire isn't great since not every game works well with it, if at all. Not to mention that the R9 295X2 costs more than just getting 2x R9 290/290Xs or 2x GTX 970s, and the latter of those options would consume 150-200 watts less power.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

That's partially because it is watercooled, right?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Same.

Failure as in "the card dies"

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Further proving that it's an Nvidia biased forum, even the 3,5 GB fiasco was defended to the death by some sad sacks

That's partially because it is watercooled, right?

Yep, but still cool.

The GPU itself stays cool because of the liquid cooling. it still pumps out an ungodly amount of heat into your room as a direct consequence of consuming up to 500 watts of power. Same goes for most SLI / Crossfire configurations. More power consumption = more heat generated, which is independent of how well the cores themselves are being cooled.

So? Its a dual gpu card, pretty much expected

The 295x2 is a fantastic option, especially at it's current price point. If you have $600+, do not hesitate to buy one.

But to be fair, you better be bringing a good PSU. ;)

Yeah, true. Even though most people go overkill on the PSU anyway

Still puts out a ton of heat, my room gets incredibly hot with just a single 290 after about an hour of gaming.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I used the wrong term 

Naw I mean with the AIO on the 295x2. It's more prone to failure than an air-cooled card.

Further proving that it's an Nvidia biased forum, even the 3,5 GB fiasco was defended to the death by some sad sacks

Yeah, I like NVidia GPUs and develop in CUDA, but goddamn that is frustrating. You can't run compute that goes over 3.5GB or it's pointless it just slows down to a crawl.

Radeon is so overlooked. Yet in each price bracket, mostly, there is a Radeon card that beats a Nvidia card for around the same, or less, cash.

270x>750ti

280x>960

290x>970

295x2>980

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro