Why no one talks about the 295x2 being an option?

theelitegamer

The reason AMD fanboys piss me off is that a lot of the time even the most die hard green team member will at the very least acknowledge that at some price points AMD has a better offering yet when it comes to the red team they're more often than not insisting that Nvidia cards are trash and AMD beats them at every price point no matter what, which is absolute bullshit.

If shredding frames is literally your only concern then it is a good bang for the buck. BUT this card brings a lot of baggage with it and a lot of enthusiasts prefer not to deal with the potential driver issues or the steep power requirements. I personally think the card looks and performs really nice but would not commit to it simply because I prefer the ease of use of single configs.

Handing out TechRx's

If I had to do it all over again i would have went with a pair of 295X2's

people with money be like.... xD honestly though, I'm just amazing at the performance to the dollar it currently holds. It's a little more than the gtx 980 (theres a 295x2 for 600 bucks atm). And it's on par with the titan z or x (don't know what's the latest one is 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

people with money be like.... xD honestly though, I'm just amazing at the performance to the dollar it currently holds. It's a little more than the gtx 980 (theres a 295x2 for 600 bucks atm). And it's on par with the titan z or x (don't know what's the latest one is

I'll probably replace my 980s with 390X Lightning's

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

If I had to do it all over again i would have went with a pair of 295X2's

And multiply the problems even more... the 4 individual cards suffer already with bad scaling and then dual cards with AIO...

The R9 295x2 is for people that don´t have enough space and want something powerful a nice option, but for people with enough airflow and options a R9 290X 2way CF is the better solution.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Please go away with statements like these, Enough with the heat jokes. 295x from what I heard is pretty cool actually.

The fact that the gpu itself is cool does not mean that it does not release a lot of heat. This gpu is cool because its able to release ablot of heat. Dont mix up temperatures and heat because those two concept are not the same thing and should be treated as such

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

And multiply the problems even more... the 4 individual cards suffer already with bad scaling and then dual cards with AIO...

The R9 295x2 is for people that don´t have enough space and want something powerful a nice option, but for people with enough airflow and options a R9 290X 2way CF is the better solution.

To be honest, scaling is a problem with every single card past 3. so like 1 and a half 295x2 and scaling sucks. What's wrong with the AIO though? It keeps cool the card cool and does the job. 

The fact that the gpu itself is cool does not mean that it does not release a lot of heat. This gpu is cool because its able to release ablot of heat. Dont mix up temperatures and heat because those two concept are not the same thing and should be treated as such

If you got good airflow in your case and room it's fine. Jeez

I would also agree with the fact that with the crossfire 290x BUT, it's around the same price. Which (again my opinion) the 295x2 would win because of the AIO cooler included. 

If you got good airflow in your case and room it's fine. Jeez

Did i speak about airflow?About case? I did not. I was being very geberic and did not discredit the 295x2 as a viable option. In fact,my comment was very generic and could apply to way more than just the 295x2

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Did i speak about airflow?About case? I did not. I was being very geberic and did not discredit the 295x2 as a viable option. In fact,my comment was very generic and could apply to way more than just the 295x2

It was, I took it the wrong way. It was I'm sorry, here take a like?

Yes, YES. We get it.

Yes, YES. We get it.

Me right now xD

The 295x2 is an option however your better off getting 2 290x cards for much cheaper (granted you have the power to feed them , Ik firsthand that they are hungry ) but they don't pump out as much eat as most people think. And crossfire support can be added in with programs like Radeon pro

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

What happened to the Titan X's?

Some friends offered some outrageous cash for them so I sold them.

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Some friends offered some outrageous cash for them so I sold them.

You would overcharge your friends? Sounds like something Putin would do.

Please go away with statements like these, Enough with the heat jokes. 295x from what I heard is pretty cool actually.

It has a 600 Watt TDP. I think at this point the heat comments are justified.

It has a 600 Watt TDP. I think at this point the heat comments are justified.

It's a dual video card... you can't expect a single card TDP. 

It's a dual video card... you can't expect a single card TDP. 

I don't. 300W is massive for a single GPU.

I don't. 300W is massive for a single GPU.

I know, but you got the AIO cooler on there that got to add atleast 50 - 75 watts

I know, but you got the AIO cooler on there that got to add atleast 50 - 75 watts

...wut? I think the cooler that adds 75W of heat to a system is either the worst cooler ever, or commonly called a fridge :P

Its very powerful, but its basically a space heater

Yo, it's hybrid cooled....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

...wut? I think the cooler that adds 75W of heat to a system is either the worst cooler ever, or commonly called a fridge :P

I think the wattage is worth tbh, the card is well cooled and does the gpu and is alright for the bang for the bucks imo it's the dream card dor a value buyer and I'm a green side fan gay

I think the wattage is worth tbh, the card is well cooled and does the gpu and is alright for the bang for the bucks imo it's the dream card dor a value buyer and I'm a green side fan gay

Yo, it's hybrid cooled....

Yes the cooler does a good job of dissipating the heat, but so does a space heater. A heater that doesn't dissipate heat wouldn't warm up anything.