LGBT community

carguy86
2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I felt the need to buy you six pack beer and talk about it.

I'll bring another 12

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

There's always our lord and master Gigabyte.  ? lol

f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

If you can stand the tiny fans, their crappy bearings and the silly size of some cards, then they're alright. No idea what their customer support is like though (I know EVGA is supposed to be top tier)

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

6 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

IMG_8296.JPGDat heatpipe contact. 

Either way, they have the best cooling this gen.

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

7 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

IMG_8296.JPGDat heatpipe contact. 

Also:

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

56 minutes ago, Celli said:

Also:

Could just have a copper plate or something contacting the die, meaning it's still direct copper contact (DirectCU) but all the heatpipes would be used more.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Could just have a copper plate or something contacting the die, meaning it's still direct copper contact (DirectCU) but all the heatpipes would be used more.

Well, on the bright side, none of their cards have caught fire. Unlike EVGA.

@Celli The MSI GTX 1070 is also good. They also have a silver model in case you don't want black and red.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Well, on the bright side, none of their cards have caught fire. Unlike EVGA.

@Celli The MSI GTX 1070 is also good. They also have a silver model in case you don't want black and red.

So which should I get?

1 minute ago, Daring said:

It's up to you.

True.

The concept of this is good, however its a bit insulting as it makes gay people look like we have a childs mentality. Also MAN and BOY and WOMEN and GIRL are NOT 2 separate GENDERS! Its the unicorn that has me trigger yo!

IMG_20170110_130749.jpg

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

The concept of this is good, however its a bit insulting as it makes gay people look like we have a childs mentality. Also MAN and BOY and WOMEN and GIRL are NOT 2 separate GENDERS! Its the unicorn that has me trigger yo!

What exactly is it for? Like, I can see what it means, but is it meant to be used for anything?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

What exactly is it for? Like, I can see what it means, but is it meant to be used for anything?

I guess it would be for people who don't understand basic things such as identity vs gender and physical attraction vs mental attraction. The unicorn only triggers me because lately all the gay propaganda refienforces the stereo type of lgbt people as overtly feminine and demasculinizes hey men in the eyes of larger society. It's more of a pet peev of mine.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

10 hours ago, Energycore said:

I have this sudden need to hug you

Awww.  That's really nice of you.  I appreciate the thought.  ?

10 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I felt the need to buy you six pack beer and talk about it.

Whiskey would be better but I'd say the offer is more important than what the drink would be.  Again I appreciate the thought.

4 hours ago, TheElt said:

If you can stand the tiny fans, their crappy bearings and the silly size of some cards, then they're alright. No idea what their customer support is like though (I know EVGA is supposed to be top tier)

The fans on my G1 1070 seem ok to me.  Maybe a little small but I'd think that helps keep the card from being too wide for some cases.  

There are three of them though doesn't that help?

Are some of their cards a non-standard size?

ASUS is better you'd say?  EVGA too?   

2 hours ago, Celli said:

So which should I get?

I'd stick with ASUS.  That's my impression anyway.  Though I don't like the design/coloring of the MSI cards so that's part of my preference for ASUS between the two brands.  

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

IMG_20170110_130749.jpg

I like MLP (which includes unicorns) and I don't think I'm childish if that helps.

I don't think they're implying that woman and girl or man and boy are all separate genders but rather that for example female, woman, and girl are synonyms.  

/ is used to mean "or" or to group things together I think.  Or at least that's how I use it.   

2 hours ago, Celli said:

True.

Follow your heart?  

Go with your instincts?

Trust the Force?  

?

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Awww.  That's really nice of you.  I appreciate the thought.  ?

Whiskey would be better but I'd say the offer is more important than what the drink would be.  Again I appreciate the thought.

The fans on my G1 1070 seem ok to me.  Maybe a little small but I'd think that helps keep the card from being too wide for some cases.  

I'd stick with ASUS.  That's my impression anyway.  Though I don't like the design/coloring of the MSI cards so that's part of my preference for ASUS between the two brands.  

I like MLP (which includes unicorns) and I don't think I'm childish if that helps.

I don't think they're implying that woman and girl or man and boy are all separate genders but rather that for example female, woman, and girl are synonyms.  

/ is used to mean "or" or to group things together I think.  Or at least that's how I use it.   

You would think but there is a gender called demon demi boy third gender so I think they dont mean it like that. Its just as a whole most lgbt stuff is cute things with rainbows coming out its butt. This sends the wrong message to straight men and thus why they think gay males and trans men are just well pussified compared to straight men which for most cases isnt true.

40 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

You would think but there is a gender called demon demi boy third gender so I think they dont mean it like that. Its just as a whole most lgbt stuff is cute things with rainbows coming out its butt. This sends the wrong message to straight men and thus why they think gay males and trans men are just well pussified compared to straight men which for most cases isnt true.

What is "demon demi boy"?    I've never heard of that and it's not in that picture.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What is "demon demi boy"?    I've never heard of that and it's not in that picture.

Me either and its one of the 40+ some odd genders.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Compare a G1 card to an ACX card and you'll hear the difference, smaller fans need to spin faster to move the same amount of air. The third fan does give them a little bit more but I'd rather sacrifice temps slightly for a quieter card. Gigabyte use cheap bearings, and that's most of the noise you hear at high rpms.

They're just really stupidly long, but if that's your thing I won't judge :ph34r:

Depends on the card from Asus, and for me it depends on how much I'm willing to spend for EVGA. If I didn't have as much money, I'd have gone for an ACX 970, if I had more, I'd have splashed for a 980 Classy or something. Only reason I went for a G1 970 was because it OC'd extremely well and had a good price, other than that it's a mediocre card

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

3 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

IMG_20170110_130749.jpg

For one, the unicorn is cutely drawn. But it took me some time to understand what the drawing is about. I'd like to think I'm not childish but some of my relatives think so because I watch animé but they think it's cartoons and I wear shirts with cartoon characters as design and I live in my parents' house even though I have a job and I help pay the bills. But yeah, the drawing is a little bit stereotypical.

Speaking of parents, I want to build them a mini ITX build. Any cases and motherboards to recommend? I already have a Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB and a Windows 10 Home 64-bit license. Also, are touchscreen monitors worth it?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Me either and its one of the 40+ some odd genders.

40+?    There's only 2...  

1 hour ago, TheElt said:

Compare a G1 card to an ACX card and you'll hear the difference, smaller fans need to spin faster to move the same amount of air. The third fan does give them a little bit more but I'd rather sacrifice temps slightly for a quieter card. Gigabyte use cheap bearings, and that's most of the noise you hear at high rpms.

They're just really stupidly long, but if that's your thing I won't judge :ph34r:

Depends on the card from Asus, and for me it depends on how much I'm willing to spend for EVGA. If I didn't have as much money, I'd have gone for an ACX 970, if I had more, I'd have splashed for a 980 Classy or something. Only reason I went for a G1 970 was because it OC'd extremely well and had a good price, other than that it's a mediocre card

ACX?  Is that what ASUS calls their GPU cooler?

It does seem a bit loud somewhere above 40% fan speed on my G1 1070.  I know for sure that it's rather noisy at 60%.  (I've set it to that with Afterburner a few times to check how loud it is at higher speeds.)

But even running Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The icey mountain part at the start with all the snow and weather effects that I assume put extra pressure on the GPU. (it was at 99% load according to afterburner, set to DX11 so the OSD would work) 

Idk if it would've gotten higher if I had run it longer but after a few minutes of playing it got up to 48% GPU fan speed.  While it was noticeable at that speed it wasn't loud enough to really bother me much.  

So from my observations just now when the G1 fans are at 40% or below they're fairly silent unless I'm right next to my tower.  At about 45-55 they're more noticeable even from a few feet away where I'd be sitting but not jet engine level noise yet.  At about 57%+ they get loud enough to be defintely annoying.  

Though if something rather demanding like Rise didn't get quite to 50% or above at 99% load I doubt it would get up to 57% or higher.  Not easily I think it's safe to say.

I also heard a strange sound if I put my ear right over the top vent of my case (no fan installed to affect listening) that I wonder if it might be from the fan bearings in the G1 when the fans are about 57% or higher.  The sound stops and I just hear the normal fan noise when the speed is set to 56% or lower.  

So it seems you have a point about the fans being iffy. ?

As for the card length I guess I would prefer a shorter card.  My 1070 fits in my NZXT Phantom 240 case without needing to remove the top HDD cage but just a few more mm and I'd have to remove the cage for it to fit.  

I defintely plan to look closer at ASUS or EVGA for my next GPU in case they turn out to be better.  

Or do you think EVGA is best to be avoided with the 10 series Nvidia cards?

Or would they have fixed the flaws if/when a 1080 ti is released?

So you have Gigabyte graphics card currently?

50 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

For one, the unicorn is cutely drawn. But it took me some time to understand what the drawing is about. I'd like to think I'm not childish but some of my relatives think so because I watch animé but they think it's cartoons and I wear shirts with cartoon characters as design and I live in my parents' house even though I have a job and I help pay the bills. But yeah, the drawing is a little bit stereotypical.

Speaking of parents, I want to build them a mini ITX build. Any cases and motherboards to recommend? I already have a Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB and a Windows 10 Home 64-bit license. Also, are touchscreen monitors worth it?

The problem is many people see anything animated as being for children.  Maybe because animated things are more easily made to appear cutesy and stuff that may cloud peoples' opinions of anime. 

Idk about ITX stuff but you could ask @M.Yurizaki since I know he's got an ITX build.

I'd avoid a touch screen especially if it's for your parents.  Unless you know they'd use that feature a standard monitor would work fine. 

22 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The problem is many people see anything animated as being for children.  Maybe because animated things are more easily made to appear cutesy and stuff that may cloud peoples' opinions of anime. 

Idk about ITX stuff but you could ask @M.Yurizaki since I know he's got an ITX build.

I'd avoid a touch screen especially if it's for your parents.  Unless you know they'd use that feature a standard monitor would work fine. 

I was thinking of getting them an AIO but the specs are quite disappointing for the price so I guess I'll just build one for them. I hope it's not an overkill for them but I think this build will serve them longer for like 5 years. I have to even get them a third party anti-virus because they're the kind of people who will click on anything.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I was thinking of getting them an AIO but the specs are quite disappointing for the price so I guess I'll just build one for them. I hope it's not an overkill for them but I think this build will serve them longer for like 5 years. I have to even get them a third party anti-virus because they're the kind of people who will click on anything.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKgrwV

id suggest this. Kaby Lake instead of Skylake, and that mobo was overkill to be honest. No need for a $112 motherboard, this one is just fine and provide the same performance. Changed CPU cooler to a better one just so it's more comfortable and doesn't get very loud and/or too hot. The Rosewill is okay but this is a lot better for not a lot much more cost. Overall, the build is like $10 cheaper than your original.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

17017194.gif

Confirming, I'm gonna steal @Daring's bed 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14