LGBT community

carguy86
6 minutes ago, KingCry said:

17017194.gif

Confirming, I'm gonna steal @Daring's bed 

I am okay with this.

19 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKgrwV

id suggest this. Kaby Lake instead of Skylake, and that mobo was overkill to be honest. No need for a $112 motherboard, this one is just fine and provide the same performance. Changed CPU cooler to a better one just so it's more comfortable and doesn't get very loud and/or too hot. The Rosewill is okay but this is a lot better for not a lot much more cost. Overall, the build is like $10 cheaper than your original.

Oh crap. I'd supposed to click informative but I clicked funny and for than I'm so sorry. But nonetheless, thank you very much for the suggestion. I picked Skylake because I thought the improvements brought by Kaby Lake are fairly marginal. I didn't picked a discrete GPU because the HD Graphics inside the i5 are enough and sometimes better than cheap GPUs. I even considered an AMD FX-9590 but I was concerned about thermals so I picked Intel instead. I'll definitely look into that cooler you suggested. Thanks.

@Ryan_Vickers is there a way to change the reactions on a post?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Oh crap. I'd supposed to click informative but I clicked funny and for than I'm so sorry. But nonetheless, thank you very much for the suggestion. I picked Skylake because I thought the improvements brought by Kaby Lake are fairly marginal. I didn't picked a discrete GPU because the HD Graphics inside the i5 are enough and sometimes better than cheap GPUs. I even considered an AMD FX-9590 but I was concerned about thermals so I picked Intel instead. I'll definitely look into that cooler you suggested. Thanks.

@Ryan_Vickers is there a way to change the reactions on a post?

Yes, you can just click "list" and remove your reaction, then set a different one

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, you can just click "list" and remove your reaction, then set a different one

Oops. My bad but thank you.

34 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I was thinking of getting them an AIO but the specs are quite disappointing for the price so I guess I'll just build one for them. I hope it's not an overkill for them but I think this build will serve them longer for like 5 years. I have to even get them a third party anti-virus because they're the kind of people who will click on anything.

I'd switch to an H110 chipset motherboard if it would be cheaper.  I'm not an expert on chipsets but no need to get H170 if H110 might be cheaper.

I'd switch the CPU cooler to a Cryorig C7 if you can get one and if it would fit in the case you plan to use.  It's nice and almost certainly better quality than that Rosewill cooler.  Though I assume ether will work.

I'd stick with 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB to save some money.  I'd think for basic use 8GB is enough.  

Otherwise it looks good unless you could swap the 500GB SSD for a 1TB WD Blue HDD if there's a spot for HDDs in the case.  Otherwise the ssd is good.  

I hope that helps.  Good luck.  ?

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Or you can be like me and somehow get three reactions in the same post

Yeah iirc that was a bit baffling and no one is quite sure how that happened still...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Removed my ex on Steam because why should I keep him around if he's just gonna continue to give me the silent treatment? Fuck that.

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd stick with 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB to save some money.  I'd think for basic use 8GB is enough.  

Otherwise it looks good unless you could swap the 500GB SSD for a 1TB WD Blue HDD if there's a spot for HDDs in the case.  Otherwise the ssd is good.  

My father is a civil engineer who uses Autocad but yeah, I think 8GB is enough and I think the iGPU of the i5 is enough for Autocad and a 1080p monitor. My mother is a teacher and all she uses is Microsoft Office and some games like Solitaire. I picked the SSD because of future proofing and the performance gains. I've seen by my own eyes the boot times difference between a SSD and a HDD. Their old computer are filled with files dating back five years ago and they're still essential for them. Opening their Documents folder alone, it will take minutes before all files are listed and search is slow. A M.2 NVMe ssd like the Samsung 950 Pro might be an overkill for them for what they do.

Did some one said that 8gb is enough. I eat through 8gb like it is 2gb. Maybe after efefcts and chrome do but still. I do too.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

I am one a quest to find one lost reg key:  PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable

Capture.PNG

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

40+?    There's only 2...  

ACX?  Is that what ASUS calls their GPU cooler?

It does seem a bit loud somewhere above 40% fan speed on my G1 1070.  I know for sure that it's rather noisy at 60%.  (I've set it to that with Afterburner a few times to check how loud it is at higher speeds.)

But even running Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The icey mountain part at the start with all the snow and weather effects that I assume put extra pressure on the GPU. (it was at 99% load according to afterburner, set to DX11 so the OSD would work) 

Idk if it would've gotten higher if I had run it longer but after a few minutes of playing it got up to 48% GPU fan speed.  While it was noticeable at that speed it wasn't loud enough to really bother me much.  

So from my observations just now when the G1 fans are at 40% or below they're fairly silent unless I'm right next to my tower.  At about 45-55 they're more noticeable even from a few feet away where I'd be sitting but not jet engine level noise yet.  At about 57%+ they get loud enough to be defintely annoying.  

Though if something rather demanding like Rise didn't get quite to 50% or above at 99% load I doubt it would get up to 57% or higher.  Not easily I think it's safe to say.

I also heard a strange sound if I put my ear right over the top vent of my case (no fan installed to affect listening) that I wonder if it might be from the fan bearings in the G1 when the fans are about 57% or higher.  The sound stops and I just hear the normal fan noise when the speed is set to 56% or lower.  

So it seems you have a point about the fans being iffy. ?

As for the card length I guess I would prefer a shorter card.  My 1070 fits in my NZXT Phantom 240 case without needing to remove the top HDD cage but just a few more mm and I'd have to remove the cage for it to fit.  

I defintely plan to look closer at ASUS or EVGA for my next GPU in case they turn out to be better.  

Or do you think EVGA is best to be avoided with the 10 series Nvidia cards?

Or would they have fixed the flaws if/when a 1080 ti is released?

So you have Gigabyte graphics card currently?

The problem is many people see anything animated as being for children.  Maybe because animated things are more easily made to appear cutesy and stuff that may cloud peoples' opinions of anime. 

Idk about ITX stuff but you could ask @M.Yurizaki since I know he's got an ITX build.

I'd avoid a touch screen especially if it's for your parents.  Unless you know they'd use that feature a standard monitor would work fine. 

Yes I know that there is only two biological genders. What I was referring to was the 40+ gender identities that some random person made up. I already said I dont agree with this,

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

So about that tournament..... we doing this? Because I really need to justify my profile picture soon or it's out

Hi...

10 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yes I know that there is only two biological genders. What I was referring to was the 40+ gender identities that some random person made up. I already said I dont agree with this,

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

why the f#ck do you care?

Because she's trans, so she thinks that the topic of gender is something she's an authority on.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

is anybody? Gender is stupid. It's an extension of "boys wear blue and girls wear pink" that permeates into every aspect of our lives and our social interactions

I never said she was an authority.  I just said she thinks she is one. :P

9 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

why the f#ck do you care?

Because it is being forced that now people have to start pandering to people who think they are demi third gendered

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Because she's trans, so she thinks that the topic of gender is something she's an authority on.

Never once have I said that, I'm simply giving my opinion on the matter which is a legitimate opinion. Notice how I said opinion. However if you read my posts you would know that I simply said there is only 2 biological genders and that there is no need for more then a handful of labels to describe someones gender identity. I don't agree with the fact that there is labels for everything on the masculine and feminine spectrum for males, females, and trans people, non binary people will always be binary due to the fact they have not only a biological gender but fall somewhere in the male and female spectrum personality wise. 

If you want to discuss this I'm more then happy to hear your views so I'm not an authority because I'm trans as you say. Just a word of advice if you disagree with someones have a discussion instead of the standard passive aggressive reply you tend to give when you disagree with someone.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

20 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I'm turk505 on chess.com, we can start a correspondence game although we'll probably have to finish tomorrow because I do have some homework

Added

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

*sighs*

I mean, honestly?

21 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes I'm trans I never said I had or think I have an authority on gender. However I do have my opinions and facts about it. You said "because she's trans" as if that was a plus 1 point for me when I speak about gender.  Never once said I'm trans I have authority on gender or have felt that. Like I said if you want to voice your opinions and have facts to go against what my views are Im open to discussion maybe if you were less passive aggressive and voiced your point of view instead of just being passive aggressive towards me. 

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yes I'm trans I never said I had or think I have an authority on gender. However I do have my opinions and facts about it. You said "because she's trans" as if that was a plus 1 point for me when I speak about gender.  Never once said I'm trans I have authority on gender or have felt that. Like I said if you want to voice your opinions and have facts to go against what my views are Im open to discussion maybe if you were less passive aggressive and voiced your point of view instead of just being passive aggressive towards me. 

Wait, you're trans? Honestly, I would've never guessed if you gave me $500 to guess such.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Wait, you're trans? Honestly, I would've never guessed if you gave me $500 to guess such.

I had a few posts in the past about it. I dont bother telling people because it's not pertinent to anything unless someone asks.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

I had a few posts in the past about it. I dont bother telling people because it's not pertinent to anything unless someone asks.

Hmm. Fair enough.

Ain't got nothing against it, never will. :)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I kinda figured that out on my own.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hmm. Fair enough.

Ain't got nothing against it, never will. :)

I think I said I transitioned somewhere on here, when I havent by the strict definition of the word. In person I dont bring it up unless someone asks or unless Im out dressed as a girl that day. It's not something I usually bring up outside of the lgbt community.