LGBT community

carguy86
3 minutes ago, Daring said:

I kinda figured that out on my own.

Meh, if I put more effort into giving a shit about context clues, I probably would've found out sooner or later.

On another note, I wanna get Brendan something for his birthday but there's two problems with that.

1: it'd have to be from Steam

2. I don't know when my shitty unusual will sell.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I think I said I transitioned somewhere on here, when I havent by the strict definition of the word. In person I dont bring it up unless someone asks or unless Im out dressed as a girl that day. It's not something I usually bring up outside of the lgbt community.

Ah.

As I said, I probably would've never noticed or asked unless a big chunk of context was staring me right in the face.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ah.

As I said, I probably would've never noticed or asked unless a big chunk of context was staring me right in the face.

Probably the only way people would know. I did it on purpose so I could blend in without people knowing unless I was dressed in female cloths. Makes work life easier.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

So today I dropped $220 CAD on old computer case parts from 1999.  No joke, I started hunting down the components to rebuild an eMachines eMonster 500a, though I intend to 'modernize' it with an Intel ITX board, SFX PSU, get USB3 in the front working, but also get the Gameport and floppy drive working in Windows 10.  It'll also be fun to try an decase the optical drive to mount the plates onto a modern SATA optical drive.

So I find a thread on Reddit, it's 10 months old, seller doesn't respond to direct messages, I Google Stalk him, add him to STEAM of all things, and get chatting. He has the faceplate, stupid stickers and all which is the hardest part.  Though I'm having to put up with him being kinda inaprops, I think he's called me 'Sexy' like 3-4 times, ugh.  I just want to do a business transaction, you know?  But yeah, $93 CAD after shipping on an eMonster 500a faceplate, graphics intact and all.  So I'm happy this is enroute to me.

FtKp2T6.jpg

But of course this is JUST a faceplate... But finding an alternate eMachines box to use for donor parts is easier. So I hit up eBay and found an eTower 566i which will give me almost all of the other case parts including the missing front Gameport/USB cover and the specific formfitting optical drive. But the vertical HDD mounting bracket appears to be missing, but I may have found a UK site selling them.

$_57.JPG

So this was another $128 CAD for this FlexATX beauty.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to hunt down the keyboard and mouse, thought he Keyboard was apparently a rebraned Logitech model so I could get it unbranded and silk screen it.

I'm building this computer cause that machine from Christmas 1999 was a big deal to me, it was a big upgrade, it was the computer that got me into digital video editing that put me in the career I'm in now, I discovered much of the internet on it, downloaded my first torrent and fansub on it, a lot of firsts happened on that box and I want to bring it back to life.  ...But with a quad core Intel instead a Katamai Pentium III at 500mhz. :)  Nostalgia is the best drug.

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

well rip looks like I can't use https on steam community pages rn

How about a VPN?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

Did some one said that 8gb is enough. I eat through 8gb like it is 2gb. Maybe after efefcts and chrome do but still. I do too.

Well according to Autodesk, Autocad recommends 8GB of RAM and the i5's HD Graphics 630 is more than capable for rendering in Autocad. It seems that Autocad is more CPU-intensive. You think I should go for 16GB memory?IMG_5085.PNG

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

28 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Well according to Autodesk, Autocad recommends 8GB of RAM and the i5's HD Graphics 630 is more than capable for rendering in Autocad. It seems that Autocad is more CPU-intensive. You think I should go for 16GB memory?

I think it's one of those things that can scale from a complete potato to that quad Radeon Pro Duo rig Linus showed recently, depending on what you're using it for, be it 2D line drawings or photorealistic renderings.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Daring said:

Removed my ex on Steam because why should I keep him around if he's just gonna continue to give me the silent treatment? Fuck that.

Why did you still have him as a friend on there?

Were you hoping you could remain friends after breaking up?

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

My father is a civil engineer who uses Autocad but yeah, I think 8GB is enough and I think the iGPU of the i5 is enough for Autocad and a 1080p monitor. My mother is a teacher and all she uses is Microsoft Office and some games like Solitaire. I picked the SSD because of future proofing and the performance gains. I've seen by my own eyes the boot times difference between a SSD and a HDD. Their old computer are filled with files dating back five years ago and they're still essential for them. Opening their Documents folder alone, it will take minutes before all files are listed and search is slow. A M.2 NVMe ssd like the Samsung 950 Pro might be an overkill for them for what they do.

Sorry I meant the 500GB ssd.

You said you already have a 256GB SSD right?

I assumed you'd use that for the OS and either that 500GB SSD or possibly a 1TB HDD for additional storage.  

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yes I know that there is only two biological genders. What I was referring to was the 40+ gender identities that some random person made up. I already said I dont agree with this,

Neither do I.  I'm all for people being how they want in terms of LGBT stuff but when someone made up a bunch of random things it's a little out of hand..

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why did you still have him as a friend on there?

Were you hoping you could remain friends after breaking up?

Yup. Boy, I was an idiot.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Yup. Boy, I was an idiot.

Nah.  Being optimistic is a good thing.  It's not your fault if things don't always work out how you'd like.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nah.  Being optimistic is a good thing.  It's not your fault if things don't always work out how you'd like.  

tbh I believe that me and @KingCry will work out much better. Words can't describe how much I wanna hug that boy.

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Then make it so.  

I mean hug him.  ?

Oh, it'll happen. If I'm lucky, that'll happen around Valentine's Day. If not, PAX East (if he manages to get tickets). And failing that... maybe around my birthday? idk. If he has the money I might ask him for a 4790K for my birthday.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Words can't describe how much I wanna hug that boy.

Same for @Dan Castellaneta and I, while over 1,000 miles separate us. My hope is to take a few day to maybe week trip down to Alabama sometime after my birthday next year. I turn 18 sooner than he does so I figure that probably helps. After I build my PC, I could probably have enough money to get a decent used car by the beginning of next year and hopefully by then I also have the income again to afford insurance, fuel and maintenance. That being said, I'm going to need to get my arse in gear here soon and start driving more so I can finish behind the wheel and take the road test. Road conditions are shite atm, which I suppose is a great skill development but I'm still not that confident in my driving. Unfortunately my permit expires in June so I'll probably renew that and do what I need to do as much as I can.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Same for @Dan Castellaneta and I, while over 1,000 miles separate us. My hope is to take a few day to maybe week trip down to Alabama sometime after my birthday next year. I turn 18 sooner than he does so I figure that probably helps. After I build my PC, I could probably have enough money to get a decent used car by the beginning of next year and hopefully by then I also have the income again to afford insurance, fuel and maintenance. That being said, I'm going to need to get my arse in gear here soon and start driving more so I can finish behind the wheel and take the road test. Road conditions are shite atm, which I suppose is a great skill development but I'm still not that confident in my driving. Unfortunately my permit expires in June so I'll probably renew that and do what I need to do as much as I can.

I need to get my ass in gear too, especially if I wanna start living on my own after college.

12 minutes ago, Daring said:

Oh, it'll happen. If I'm lucky, that'll happen around Valentine's Day. If not, PAX East (if he manages to get tickets). And failing that... maybe around my birthday? idk. If he has the money I might ask him for a 4790K for my birthday.

Nice.  But if you only live a few hours away couldn't you see each other sooner?

10 minutes ago, Daring said:

Well you have the benefit of only being a what, 2 hour car drive. So like one of yous could pay for the others fuel for the trip down/up which ever way left or right you're going. They need like a PAX South East that's like in Atlanta or Nashville so there would be an option for me and Jake to meet at.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Well you have the benefit of only being a what, 2 hour car drive. So like one of yous could pay for the others fuel for the trip down/up which ever way left or right you're going. They need like a PAX South East that's like in Atlanta or Nashville so there would be an option for me and Jake to meet at.

Meanwhile me and comic sans ms...

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Meanwhile me and comic sans ms...

I mean if that does materialize in an OTP, flights from Reno to where-ever he lives, Australia (I think he lives in VIC so probably Reno to Melbourne) Or vice versa aren't cheap to say the least.

Just now, wcreek said:

I mean if that does materialize in an OTP, flights from Reno to where-ever he lives, Australia (I think he lives in VIC so probably Reno to Melbourne) Or vice versa aren't cheap to say the least.

I should add a week trip to Ala. wouldn't exactly be cheap either but I'm under the impression it'd be cheaper than a flight to Australia.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I know it sucks :(

But I like him so much...