(Rumor) Geforce GTX 980 Ti arrive after the summer

Keltar

Nvidia will launch there  Geforce GTX 980 Ti after the summer according to Sweclockers. I do really hope that the new AMD R9 390x can beat the 980 Ti in both performance and price so AMD can get some money. Lets see what happens!

Sweclockers:

"According to sources to Sweclockers is planning to crown Nvidia 900 series with the new flagship GeForce GTX 980 Ti. All specifications are still to be determined, but according to preliminary data, it is not about any scaled-down version of GM200 but a new model with all 3072 CUDA cores intact.

Not unexpectedly, however, choose Nvidia to halve the amount of memory from 12 to 6 GB of GDDR5. There will be a certain compensation of the graphics processor clock speed is increased by about 10 percent to around 1100 and 1200 MHz at the base and boost. Overall, it seems to imply that the GeForce GTX 980 Ti is not adapted for quite as extreme resolutions Titanium X.

The launch of the GeForce GTX 980 Ti is expected to take place ahead late summer. Under the current schedule takes its introduction in the month of September, but as usual, this may very well change." (Google translate!) 

"Enligt källor till SweClockers planerar Nvidia att kröna 900-serien med det nya flaggskeppet Geforce GTX 980 Ti. Alla specifikationer är ännu inte fastställda, men enligt de preliminära uppgifterna handlar det inte om någon nedskalad variant av GM200 utan om en ny modell med alla 3 072 CUDA-kärnor intakta.

Inte helt oväntat väljer dock Nvidia att halvera mängden minne från 12 till 6 GB GDDR5. Det blir en viss kompensering av att grafikprocessorns klockfrekvens höjs med cirka 10 procent till runtomkring 1 100 och 1 200 MHz vid base respektive boost. Sammantaget verkar det dock antyda om att Geforce GTX 980 Ti inte är anpassad för fullt lika extrema upplösningar som Titan X.

Lanseringen av Geforce GTX 980 Ti väntas äga rum framåt sensommaren. Enligt den nuvarande tidsplanen sker introduktionen i september månad, men i vanlig ordning kan detta mycket väl komma att ändras."

Except it won't be the flagship... the Titan X is.

980Ti shouldn't be called a 980 at all unless it's on GM204. And if it is? Then there is nowhere to go from where it is, unless it has upped clocks and vram capacity.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Someone couldn't afford the "u" in "Rumour". :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If its coming after summer, it won't be the 980 Ti. It will be a 1080 Ti.

No, it'll be the 880 Ti, just for something different. :P JK

i think the 980ti IF released will BEAT the TitanX just like last time the the 780ti

Linus himself even said that he thinks nvidia will NOT release a 980ti. So I think it's bogus

Because what Linus thinks and saids goes. #Sarcasm :D JK

This card would not make any sense for nVidia to release. They simply don't have to, and knowing them that means they won't.

i think the 980ti IF released will BEAT the TitanX just like last time the the 780ti

No it won't. The original titan was really more of a compute card. Titan X is a solid gaming card, no question.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Why would it be ? Pascal is coming in 2016 so 980ti wouldn't have its architecture. Wouldn't it be the lonely and only 1000 series card ? Pascal should have Nvlink compatibility so Pascal would have to be 1100 series ?!

Please enlighten me. I'm not saying im 100% right but I expect Pascal to be 1000 series.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So basically an overclocked 980? Because the 980 already had all cores unlocked. Soooo whatever "new model" of the chip they have, better be pretty great.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Why would it be ? Pascal is coming in 2016 so 980ti wouldn't have its architecture. Wouldn't it be the lonely and only 1000 series card ? Pascal should have Nvlink compatibility.

Nvidia could extend Maxwell for another year like they extended Kepler 

I don't pay too much attention to what GM core which high end GPU has but how was it with 780 vs 780ti. Wasn't 780ti just over clocked with more vram ?

Higher clock and more Vram on "Ti" card sounds okay to me. I expect "Ti" tier to have higher performance over non "Ti".

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Nvidia could extend Maxwell for another year like they extended Kepler

Well they said at GTC (or w/e press conference/event they had) that we will see Pascal in 2016. And with upcoming AMD cards it would be best to get one gen ahead again with new Pascal GPUs coming in Q2 2016.

Not too much of a challenge with AMD just rebranding their super old GPUs...

So basically an overclocked 980? Because the 980 already had all cores unlocked. Soooo whatever "new model" of the chip they have, better be pretty great.

No, they'd just cut down the GM100 that's in the titan x most likely.

How would it beat a titan X if the titan X is the full gm200 chip?  The only possibility it could beat it, would be to make a 300W TDP new maxwell chip, which I HIGHLY doubt they would.

If they do anything, it will just be to cut down the Titan X's chip to less cuda cores and 6gb of vram then release it at a ~750$ pricepoint.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think it would be useless. if they continue with the same gm204, they can't milk much more performance out of it. stock overclocked? maybe some more VRAM? It doesn't seem worth it to me. The only reason it MIGHT be worth it is for 4K because of the extra VRAM in SLI. But... when directx12 is released, and games start using it. And if it ACTUALLY allows VRAM stacking then its worthless again. buy 2 970s and get VERY similiar performance for a lower price. 

But wait, has 4K proved to use more then 6-8GB of VRAM?? I haven't seen it. I guess if it DOES actually use more, lets say 2 980s with 6GB VRAM each, with directx12 RAM stacking that might be worth it. but thats going into titanx price territory. Would 2 980s have better performance then a titanX... I don't know. would have to look at some benchmarks.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

The "GTX 980 Ti" title makes no sense. Ti implies that there was a physical improvement over the previous version while using the same base GPU (same die, unlocking more cores). The 980 is already fully unlocked, so this new GPU would need to be something along the lines of a GTX 985 to make any sense at all. 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Someone couldn't afford the "u" in "Rumour". :P JK

Just to let you know, this is the correct way in American English.

I don't think something significant will be coming until there's a die shrink. The Titan X is at the threshold of what they can do with the core, and cooler.

A die shrink opens it up to cram more in and keep the TDP again.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

980Ti shouldn't be called a 980 at all unless it's on GM204. And if it is? Then there is nowhere to go from where it is, unless it has upped clocks and vram capacity.

Lets not forget that the original titan wasn't fully unlocked gk110. The 780ti however 200 and something more cuda cores

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Yeeee. After the summer sounds like a Maxwell refresh time frame.

I don't pay too much attention to what GM core which high end GPU has but how was it with 780 vs 780ti. Wasn't 780ti just over clocked with more vram ?

Higher clock and more Vram on "Ti" card sounds okay to me. I expect "Ti" tier to have higher performance over non "Ti".

No the 780ti was a fully fledged Gk110 while the 780 was a cutdown one. The performance of the 780ti was much better than the 780

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

But, wait. The GTX 660 was based on GK106 and the GTX 660 Ti was on GK104. If NVIDIA has done Ti versions on a different core before, then isn't it possible that it will be done again?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.