(Rumor) Geforce GTX 980 Ti arrive after the summer

Keltar

But, wait. The GTX 660 was based on GK106 and the GTX 660 Ti was on GK104. If NVIDIA has done Ti versions on a different core before, then isn't it possible that it will be done again?

If they call it 980Ti than there won't be a GTX1000 series so it's very very unlikely.

RTX2070OC 

If they call it 980Ti than there won't be a GTX1000 series so it's very very unlikely.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I think that this card will go well in Nvidia's lineup between the monstrous Titan X and the GTX 980

Nvidia will launch there  Geforce GTX 980 Ti after the summer according to Sweclockers. I do really hope that the new AMD R9 390x can beat the 980 Ti in both performance and price so AMD can get some money. Lets see what happens!

Sweclockers:

"According to sources to Sweclockers is planning to crown Nvidia 900 series with the new flagship GeForce GTX 980 Ti. All specifications are still to be determined, but according to preliminary data, it is not about any scaled-down version of GM200 but a new model with all 3072 CUDA cores intact.

Not unexpectedly, however, choose Nvidia to halve the amount of memory from 12 to 6 GB of GDDR5. There will be a certain compensation of the graphics processor clock speed is increased by about 10 percent to around 1100 and 1200 MHz at the base and boost. Overall, it seems to imply that the GeForce GTX 980 Ti is not adapted for quite as extreme resolutions Titanium X.

The launch of the GeForce GTX 980 Ti is expected to take place ahead late summer. Under the current schedule takes its introduction in the month of September, but as usual, this may very well change." (Google translate!) 

"Enligt källor till SweClockers planerar Nvidia att kröna 900-serien med det nya flaggskeppet Geforce GTX 980 Ti. Alla specifikationer är ännu inte fastställda, men enligt de preliminära uppgifterna handlar det inte om någon nedskalad variant av GM200 utan om en ny modell med alla 3 072 CUDA-kärnor intakta.

Inte helt oväntat väljer dock Nvidia att halvera mängden minne från 12 till 6 GB GDDR5. Det blir en viss kompensering av att grafikprocessorns klockfrekvens höjs med cirka 10 procent till runtomkring 1 100 och 1 200 MHz vid base respektive boost. Sammantaget verkar det dock antyda om att Geforce GTX 980 Ti inte är anpassad för fullt lika extrema upplösningar som Titan X.

Lanseringen av Geforce GTX 980 Ti väntas äga rum framåt sensommaren. Enligt den nuvarande tidsplanen sker introduktionen i september månad, men i vanlig ordning kan detta mycket väl komma att ändras."

no source? you came up with this yourself? 

Here are my predictions that I posted on OC.net a few days ago:

"700 Series"

Titan Black / 780 Ti - 2880 CUDA Cores
Titan (OG) - 2688 CUDA Cores
GTX 780 - 2304 CUDA Cores
GTX 770 (680 Rebadge)
GTX 760 (Sort of 670 Rebadge, basically same performance at least)

Now the problem with the 700 series was the way they did the Titan release was backwards, they didn't release it fully unlocked. Which left them open for AMD to match or surpass them in performance. Which is why they had to release the 780 Ti and later the Titan Black. But if you look at it, the Titan Black was the fastest, then the Titan was a little more cut down, and the GTX 780 was even further cut down. Now the way I see it, the original Titan that should have been released should have been the Titan Black. Fully unlocked, 6GB VRAM, full GK110. Then the 780 Ti should have been what the Titan was. Partially cut down, but with 6GB of VRAM. Then the GTX 780 would have been fine the way it was. You would have the biggest, bigger, big in that order.

Now the way I see it this time, NVIDIA is going to be smart with their releases. They released the Titan X fully unlocked GM200. Which now leaves them open to properly release a 1080 Ti and 1080.

So:

GTX Titan X 12GB - Fully Unlocked (Titan Black / 780 Ti)
GTX 1080 Ti 6GB - Cut Down (OG Titan)
GTX 1080 5-6GB - Cut Down even further (GTX 780)
GTX 1070 4GB (980 Rebadge)
GTX 1060 3.5GB (970 Rebadge, they remove 500MB section)

Just to let you know, this is the correct way in American English.

I know, hence the :P JK. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

But people kept saying there will be no 980ti.

This forum is funny sometimes,  People complain GPU naming schemes are too arbitrary and don't make a lot of sense, then we get a rumor that a specifically named card is going to be released and people say it can't because it defies the naming scheme.  :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

But people kept saying there will be no 980ti.

This forum is funny sometimes,  People complain GPU naming schemes are too arbitrary and don't make a lot of sense, then we get a rumor that a specifically named card is going to be released and people say it can't because it defies the naming scheme.  :blink:

It would undermine the point of how they've done naming since... They aren't going to do that.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It would undermine the point of how they've done naming since... They aren't going to do that.

really?  I haven't seen anything that rigidly sets the naming convention.  They skipped the 800 series names to avoid confusion so clearly the name isn't inherently tied to the hardware series. Also they have hardware series that skips over naming series as well.  fermi being in both the 400 and 500 series, keppler being in both the 600 and 700 series. 

I think people on this forum are just getting a little too strict with their expectations and are less likely to consider some of the more rudimentary approaches a company might take, like naming a card for marketing purposes (titan) rather than its name reflecting it's position on a spec list.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-snip-

They didn't skip the 800 series... they just skipped them on desktop.

880m was on GK104

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

880m was on GK104

I am talking about skipping on the desktop. I didn't think I had to explain why. The point is if the naming convention was tied to the hardware specifically then they could not have skipped it on the desktop.

880m was on GK104

Pretty sure that was implied. We're talking about desktop class GPUs here anyway.

Pretty sure that was implied. We're talking about desktop class GPUs here anyway.

But to say they just didn't do any 800 is wrong. 

But to say they just didn't do any 800 is wrong. 

not when referring to desktop AIBs.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44243/nvidia-preparing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-vram-faster-titan/index.html

Quoted from TweakTown

"It seems like a given, but NVIDIA is preparing another VGA card for release in the very near future: the GeForce GTX 980 Ti. The GTX 980 Ti would be a cut down version of the GM200-powered Titan X, with 6GB framebuffer and it'll be around 10% faster than Titan X, too.

According to SweClockers the new GeForce GTX 980 Ti would be the flagship card that NVIDIA will push, versus the Titan X. One of the reason this is, in my opinion, is that the new GTX 980 Ti can have add-in-board (AIB) partners play with the PCB and cooling setup, something that can't be done on the Titan X.

This will allow for some huge overclocks on the GTX 980 Ti, and some very exotic cooling setups. We should expect NVIDIA to unveil the GeForce GTX 980 Ti sometime in the second half of the year, after AMD launch its Radeon R9 390X."

Seems like some should have waited to hear the news about the 980 Ti instead of jumping for a Titan X.

GO LEAFS GO!

AMD FX-6300 - EVGA GeForce GTX 750 FTW ACX 1 GB

Sort of expected, but still nice to see a confirmation. Maybe it will get the price of the 980 in line.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How do you make a cut down product faster? 

don't quote me on this, but I think the titan x isn't fully unlocked

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

don't quote me on this, but I think the titan x isn't fully unlocked

I'm fairly certain it is. The Quadro M6000 has the same core count as Titan X and the 6000 Quadro cards are traditionally a fully unlocked core. So if it is a gimped version of the GM200 in Titan X and M6000 then it's abit of a weird move by Nvidia

Welp... time to start saving. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

10% faster 6GB ram .... what its price going to be ? 1500 euro ? (titan x is 1300e here)

Let's agree to disagree

Soo, is this going to cost more than the Titan X? If so, I really don't see it being successful.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

of course it is, poor rich people, having to buy another set of quad SLI cards

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D