Shots fired from JayzTwoCents

Shots being fired:

attachicon.gifshots-fired-e32abdaa4.png

also a link to the video

Btw Iz be lovin' the vessel.

pew pew pew

sh- I don't care..

I watch people cus they make good videos.  

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

You know, prior to watching Jay's video and seeing the type of person he is when it comes to life planning of this sort, I would have told him to shove it.

I don't disagree with him, but for now Vessel is free. My bet is that in a year's time, Linus and all of the others completely forget about Vessel. Paid platforms for content you can get free don't tend to work out well. Just go look at the amount of shit that Google got over YouTube paid subscriptions, and how much shit the channels got (for example Drive+.) But to be fair, Linus has 8 employees including himself to pay, and Google isn't making the situation easier with their growing greed.

Put basically, Vessel is a fad and fuck Google.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well, does Jay have a family to feed and to pay 8 employees?

He has a family to feed. He also has side ventures, so chances are he won't need the Vessel support anyways.

I am still a little iffy on Vessel. I signed up and currently use it to see LTT's new videos, but I have the eeking suspicion that it will fail since it's a platform where free content becomes paid. I have no problem supporting LTT through the forum-based subscriptions or the Amazon affiliate kickback, but this is a little different. Put basically, if I want to give LTT money, I will give it to them and them only.

*sighs* You WANT drama and petty bickering don't you OP? That's all this is; trying to start a flame war between Linus and Jay fans.

I'm a fan of both and accept the arguments of both sides. Only dumb/irrational people are going to flame.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

He has a family to feed. He also has side ventures, so chances are he won't need the Vessel support anyways.

I am still a little iffy on Vessel. I signed up and currently use it to see LTT's new videos, but I have the eeking suspicion that it will fail since it's a platform where free content becomes paid. I have no problem supporting LTT through the forum-based subscriptions or the Amazon affiliate kickback, but this is a little different. Put basically, if I want to give LTT money, I will give it to them and them only.

I'm a fan of both and accept the arguments of both sides. Only dumb/irrational people are going to flame.

Yeah but as you said, Jay dosent live off of videos.

I seemed a bit iffy about vessel, but the one year free thing settled it for me

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

*sighs* You WANT drama and petty bickering don't you OP? That's all this is; trying to start a flame war between Linus and Jay fans.

A flame war would be really funny but that's not why I made this thread.

Yeah but as you said, Jay dosent live off of videos.

I seemed a bit iffy about vessel, but the one year free thing settled it for me

He will live partially off of his videos and partially off of his side ventures. One may not work without the other, but one failing won't be his demise.

A flame war would be really funny but that's not why I made this thread.

If you really think it would be funny, go look at the GTX 970 threads and rethink that decision.

<3

Click/flame bait - there is no other purpose that this thread could possibly serve.

Vessel might survive for certain channels, but not all. 

Lets be honest. DRIVE+ failed and DRIVE+ consisted of people sliding supercars around, a market that is far more marketable and appealing to the masses than ANYTHING LTT will ever do. Its harsh to say, but thats just the truth. 

So if they failed, what would places like LTT expect? 

well, jay is just a single employee for himself, so no problem there...

even veritasium is on vessell..i guess he needs the money for his trips.lol

well the think is, i really dont think that linus's choice to also have content on vessel was a "knee jerk reaction" i think it was wisely thought out and lmg decided that it will be the best option.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Everyone has a right to their own opinion on what people do but that should not stop LMG from doing what they think is right and I know it won't.  In regards to JayzTwoCents I don't know what he means by there being some money grab as many people will be on Vessel free for a year and like others said many will not migrate from YouTube to Vessel easily so whatever.  People also that are risk takers are the ones that make huge financial gains so JayzTwoCents may just be left out of something big in the future by doing what he does.  Being conservative is easy.  Trying to do things differently to make change is harder.  LMG wanted YouTube to think about what they are doing and are showing more bravery than JayzTwoCents.  Just my 2 CENTS.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Vessel is a joke. Why would anyone not only pay to see videos they can get for free, but also go to an entirely different site to watch them? Google can't even manage to turn a profit from Youtube. The first people to take a hit will be content creators who get a cut of ad revenue. Unfortunately there is no good solution because moving to a different platform takes views away from Google, making them more likely to come down on content creators. Staying on Youtube clearly isn't generating enough revenue for these channels, so everybody loses.

You know, prior to watching Jay's video and seeing the type of person he is when it comes to life planning of this sort, I would have told him to shove it.

I don't disagree with him, but for now Vessel is free. My bet is that in a year's time, Linus and all of the others completely forget about Vessel. Paid platforms for content you can get free don't tend to work out well. Just go look at the amount of shit that Google got over YouTube paid subscriptions, and how much shit the channels got (for example Drive+.) But to be fair, Linus has 8 employees including himself to pay, and Google isn't making the situation easier with their growing greed.

FYI in case you din't know there will be a free ad supported version of vessel and LMG content will be available there as well, linus said so in the giveaway video, i think the main difference vs free is no early access and that creators can chose to restrict their content from free but i'm not sure on the later

and this just completely on me, but i would gladly paid a sub for youtube content just like vessel is doing even without the early access perk, i watch youtube more that anything else, more that tv, netflix or whatever for video entertainment so i wouldn't mind at all to pay 3$ or 4$ a month for vessel or if youtube decides to do a copycat of the service, my main gripe with vessel is the player laking resolution options, i'm sure is limited due to server space right now so grow is the only way they can fix it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

What side ventures? Curious, I don't know much about him. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

What side ventures? Curious, I don't know much about him. 

We're not sure yet, but he says he has something in the works. He has also taken the time to take care of a backup plan so he and his family are financially secure in the face of failure, so despite what DeViLzzz wants to think, being conservative with your money isn't easy. It takes lots of time and thought, something that some people in the world obviously need when it comes to their finances.

How dense are you people (the ones who are actually playing into this) to actually think that Jay had any negative bias towards anyone to start with? He made a statement, which is sort of true. Stop being a fanboy and realize that everyone is making decisions here to benefit themselves. Linus has a company to pay for with employees, Jay has to take care of a family. Do you really think Jay or Linus would make either of these moves without having some sort of back-up plan? You are the definition of ignorant if you believe that.

They are both using mediums that bring in profits to produce more content for their viewers. What's so wrong about that? Nothing, nothing at all. There is no "war" here, so stop prying for things that aren't there. 

/endrant

**EDIT**

Just went back and read some of the profiles from the users involved in the negativity and ignorance in this thread. Kids, you have a lot of growing up to do. Please tell us all about your life experiences and how you understand professional decision making at thirteen or fifteen years old.

JayZTwoCents does not have the audience LMG has.

LMG consists of 8, maybe more, employees that have to pay rent, pay for school, etc. On top of that, Linus has a family with 2 babies.

I totally understand and agree with all the moves Linus has made to support such a growing number of people. And you know what? Contrary to all these complaints and saltiness from his rather immature side of the fan base, his company still continues to grow. And grow FAST. Linus, if you are reading this, keep doing what you have to do.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

you know still..im impressed LMG is able to buy those new storinator things..price are posted and (for me) it shows LMG is doing good (but i hardly know anything in running a business.hahaha)